Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female A Trans Woman’s Very Public Accident (and a very validating experience)

Oh yeah, hormones can take forever. Years even. I’m like just under 5 months in and I look I guess presentable, but some people need like 5 years.

On top of that, hormones don’t actually stop facial hair from growing. Trans women have to find their own way to stop that. Or hide it. 

But im glad you enjoyed each others company for however long that was you worked together. There’s a lot of unfounded hatred out there. 

I know how you feel when you're going to the ladies room. I'm also always a bit scared when I use it fully dressed in female clothes. 
I think people address us as they would speak to a women, because it is polite to do so. I can't hide it I'm a man even when wearing makeup and female clothes, but random people mostly still address me as a women when encounter with me. 

23 hours ago, Snuggle-Butt said:

But im glad you enjoyed each others company for however long that was you worked together. There’s a lot of unfounded hatred out there. 

It was about 8 years. We worked in different departments of a large company, so although we saw each other often, we didn't interact much. She had no hesitation in dealing with me when necessary, nor I with her.

Maybe not relevant here, but I recall playing a gig at an event called Jan's Dance which was an all-in for what we now call the LGBTQI (I think) community. I was busting to leak, but when I went to the Gents I had my first trans-sexual encounter. I was so self-conscious that I completely failed to let go and held for the rest of the show (my first long hold). This was in the '70's and I was not educated well enough to understand my own feelings, let alone those of others. My band was also hired for a night to do a show for Le Girls (a transvestite entertainment troup) at a working-man's club, but I had a better understanding of gender expression by then,  and thoroughly enjoyed watching the confusion of the men (who thought that they had a hot date for the night) when their 'date' became their entertainment.