Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Which jobs do you see the most desperation?

I'm a pharmacist and the workload is very heavy, especially in winter, when everyone gets colds.

It's a job where I don't see a lot of people get desperate, but I get desperate a lot! Unfortunatly I have a really small bladder and working in small spaces with lot of people, running around all the time, makes you thirsty. It happened to me to have to shifts in place from feet to feet a lot of time, or to grab my crotch under the uniform, behind the counter, to hold the pee in. Really often I end the day desperate to release all the liquids I consumed during the day.

Now I'm on a break from work, to complete my academic work, but I will return working soon, I hope :)

P.S.: the job of the pharmacist is really different in diverse countries. I'm italian and I work in Italy, where the pharmacist is percieved (as it should be, according to what I learned in university) as the following of the doctor: people asks advices and rely a lot on the pharmacist; it isn't a pill-grabber. Sorry for this "lesson", but I really wanted to makes things clear :)

I work in food service, and I've seen a fair amount of desperation, although not a lot. I see one of my coworkers desperation quite a lot. She usually gets stuck on drive through and doesn't get many opportunities for bathroom breaks. Once I also saw one of the main cooks pacing around while he waited for something to come out of the oven. I asked him if he was okay and he said he really had to pee. That's about where it ended.

I was on a driving holiday once in a foreign country, when I passed an entire military convoy stopped at the side of a main road while one young soldier in a combat uniform was having a pee in full public view on the verge behind the lorry being used to transport them with some of his colleagues looking on. I can only imagine the ribbing he must have got from his fellow squaddies. I guess being a soldier must present all sorts of desperate situations. Imagine getting caught short while standing alert on guard duty! In another country I once saw a whole group of young soldiers relieving themselves in a line very openly in the vegetation at a rest area right by the parking - indeed I have also seen a picture of this on the internet. I guess that forming an orderly queue outside the public toilets provided doesn't have the same laddish feel about it! Has anyone else seen the, probably now quite old, photo of 4 young soldiers posing with wet crotches in their desert fatigues? I don't know if it was genuine.

2 hours ago, Allegretto said:

I was on a driving holiday once in a foreign country, when I passed an entire military convoy stopped at the side of a main road while one young soldier in a combat uniform was having a pee in full public view on the verge behind the lorry being used to transport them with some of his colleagues looking on. I can only imagine the ribbing he must have got from his fellow squaddies. I guess being a soldier must present all sorts of desperate situations. Imagine getting caught short while standing alert on guard duty! In another country I once saw a whole group of young soldiers relieving themselves in a line very openly in the vegetation at a rest area right by the parking - indeed I have also seen a picture of this on the internet. I guess that forming an orderly queue outside the public toilets provided doesn't have the same laddish feel about it! Has anyone else seen the, probably now quite old, photo of 4 young soldiers posing with wet crotches in their desert fatigues? I don't know if it was genuine.

Speaking from experience - when soldiers are out in the field, we don't have the luxury of toilets. Any tree, plant, soil, becomes a toilet for us. The only limitation is when our sergeant allows it. This applies to both males and females.

As a result we're usually extremely open to settling our 'business' in public, even in front of others (as long as we're the same gender). As open as the military is, male and female segregation is very strict.

I worked security in my base and long hours on duty are part of the job. I've heard plenty of stories of soldiers having to take a leak/dump urgently so they resort to using the bushes behind the guard posts.

I teach one-to-one at a private (public in UK) school and have to keep an eye out for "jiggling" students to ensure that accidents don't occur in my care. It has only happened once in my sight, but this was in a demonstration class of 50 kids. Oddly, the wet guy came up to talk to me afterwards with his fully soaked pants on public display - maybe he was enuretic and no one fussed about it.

On 1/21/2018 at 5:43 PM, ews21 said:

I have never seen a nurse desperate to pee before, so either strong bladders or a diaper. My guess is probably strong bladders

I don't think diapers are commonplace in real life (?)

However I have a friend who is a nurse, and believe me she can hold for ages. I have seen her hold through a whole night of beers out, even when everybody else used the toilet. And she even skipped it and waited until she got to her place.

Nurses definitely know how to hold!

I work as a line chef. I see many of our waitresses desperate all day. 2 of which are quite blatant about and i usually turn on the faucet to mess with them. It gets comical at times cause they take off running for the restroom. But myself included get desperate. I cant jump off the line to run and pee during a dinner or lunch rush.