Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What Not To Do - News Story

As a person who lives on the island in question, with the same "atypical" drive. I would just like to say that his actions are wholly inappropriate and frankly disgusting. Your think is your thing, keep it in the bedroom. Public play such as that should not be encouraged, unless they are willing participants keep it away from others. Discretion is the better part of valour (if I may trot out a bad cliche).

Just logged on intending to post this. People make me sad.

2 hours ago, ian flemming said:

Well through back the exceptance for the diaper clad back 10 years.

I used to think like this. Now I don't think that public acceptance is realistic or that it should even be an abstract goal for the community. I think what we should be going for is a world where if someone isn't into ABDL, or sleeping with with someone who is, they will never find out that it's a thing.

Edited by supernerd222 (see edit history)
17 hours ago, supernerd222 said:

I don't think that public acceptance is realistic or that it should even be an abstract goal for the community.

Agreed - I don't see the majority of society ever thinking it is acceptable to choose to wear diapers/nappies.  I think the best we can hope for is to be thought of like cross-dressers - marginalised but tolerated by most.

I take a little exception to the article, from headline onwards, saying this is a problem with his "diaper fetishism" when the issues this person has created are around their infantalism fetish, wanting to treated like a baby, and the diaper fetish is more incidental (and even the article admits their fascination is with faeces rather than the nappy).

On 11/15/2017 at 11:53 AM, MittensDL said:

Agreed - I don't see the majority of society ever thinking it is acceptable to choose to wear diapers/nappies.  I think the best we can hope for is to be thought of like cross-dressers - marginalised but tolerated by most.

I take a little exception to the article, from headline onwards, saying this is a problem with his "diaper fetishism" when the issues this person has created are around their infantalism fetish, wanting to treated like a baby, and the diaper fetish is more incidental (and even the article admits their fascination is with faeces rather than the nappy).

Good point on differentiating fetishes... this whole issue could speak to the difficulty of more marginalized fetishes. Someone who is lonely and desperate for some kind of attention apparently will do stupid and non-consensual things. People will still do stupid things in a more open society. But I can't help but wonder if we were more sex positive, whether such things would happen.

On 11/15/2017 at 11:53 AM, MittensDL said:

Good point on differentiating fetishes... this whole issue could speak to the difficulty of more marginalized fetishes. Someone who is lonely and desperate for some kind of attention apparently will do stupid and non-consensual things. People will still do stupid things in a more open society. But I can't help but wonder if we were more sex positive, whether such things would happen.

Seems like a whole bunch of people could have been saved a bunch of grief if there were a couple of pro-mommies on the island..

You don't think the world will accept us? I'm sorry but you have to remember that decades ago, we assumed that the BDSM community would never be accepted. Now of days it's normal and accepted even if some of our stereotypes (50 Shades) are completely and utterly ignorant. We at least accept that it exists. Not to mention that Furry is another fetish that is mostly considered vanilla at this stage.

Personally, I believe that ABDL can and will reach the point that BDSM has. Where as long as you keep it in the bedroom, nobody judges you. You can just be like "I'm an ABDL" and no one stares at you awkwardly. And I also think that one day we will be allowed to bring a little tiny bit of our kink out. Much like how putting a collar on your partner is for the most part, kinda normal. Just as long as you don't walk into a mall with a full blown gimp mask and scare the kids. Same can be applied to ABDL

5 hours ago, Padded Gamer said:

You don't think the world will accept us? I'm sorry but you have to remember that decades ago, we assumed that the BDSM community would never be accepted. Now of days it's normal and accepted even if some of our stereotypes (50 Shades) are completely and utterly ignorant. We at least accept that it exists. Not to mention that Furry is another fetish that is mostly considered vanilla at this stage.

Personally, I believe that ABDL can and will reach the point that BDSM has. Where as long as you keep it in the bedroom, nobody judges you. You can just be like "I'm an ABDL" and no one stares at you awkwardly. And I also think that one day we will be allowed to bring a little tiny bit of our kink out. Much like how putting a collar on your partner is for the most part, kinda normal. Just as long as you don't walk into a mall with a full blown gimp mask and scare the kids. Same can be applied to ABDL

I'd like to share in that optimism, and I think it may very well turn out to be the eventual case. I have seen budding accepting of "weird" fetishes, such as furries, among the younger people who went to my college when I was leaving. I am worried, however, that people think this fetish might be to weird, too disgusting, and that the adult baby thing makes some people uncomfortable. But, it doesn't hurt anybody, and that is a good benchmark for an acceptable fetish, and I think some of the younger people were adopting this mindset. We may have a longer road than others due to my aforementioned concerns, but that if the trend continues we should be able to be less closeted about this in the future. 

However, I am very angry at this man, not only for forcing a fetish activity upon others without their consent but also because his actions have the potential to set this acceptance back and I am sick of being ashamed of who I am. 

I think there is room for positivity, but we should remember a few things:

a) a lot of kinky fetishes exist because they are taboo, the thrive off this, the very sexy thing about them is that they are naughty. If something were to become overly commonplace, then it would lose it's sexy edge. I find this aspect of fetishes fascinating.

b) We can have backsliding: progress made can be reversed. Look at say the pedophilia panic of the 80s.

c) There will always be assholes (both kinksters and vanillas).