Sign In

I love baby powder ** Warning NUDITY **

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Big Girl Stacy said:

I, too wet the bed growing up.

As well as I remember, I was dry during my 6th through 9th year.  Then all the kids (including my leaky cousin and I) where allowed unlimited fruit punch and sodas during summer evenings.  At the same time the local TV stations lengthened their broadcast day to include an 11:30PM to 1:00AM movie.  That restated my bed-wetting.  It only happened around twice a month.  That spring a couple sleepovers had passed without incident and then maybe 4 summer sleepovers.  Then came the sleepover where we sipped kids fruit punch from about eight until falling asleep during the late, late TV movie.

The morning puddle was so big my bladder must have filled and emptied 3 times during the night.  It was really that much more than my usual.  That was the last sleepover I dared attend.

My mother had threatened to put me back in training pants.  Once I really would have felt safer in diapers, mom became embarrassed the neighbors would find out.  Of my six frequent playmates two girls had accidents beyond age six.  (Even at 16 during drives one would suddenly ask for a pee stop where she would run behind a bush for a minute.  She gave the impression she didn't trust her bladder to wait ten minutes.  At six she'd been such a wetter her mother still hadn't given her a chance to learn waiting.)  All I know about the other was she still had training pants in her chest of drawers and sometimes peed outdoors in preference to attempting a half-block wait to her house.  Later on the boy who bed-wet (at age 13) told a story of waking peeing and jumping out of bed making a bigger mess than staying in bed.

So the neighbors might have just figured, "Everyone wets sometime."  And thought little of it.  When I needed glasses, I got glasses.  But no diapers.

• 1 month later...