Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Looking for people to play SWTOR with in Europe

Heyo,

Title pretty much says it all; I've decided to have a go at playing Star Wars: The Old Republic again and I already have one person whom will join me. I'm just wondering if anyone else would like to join us in our quest to conquer the galaxy with as few Loo visits as possible =P

Give a shout if you're interested, ciao!

You can access any server you want. Grinding will not be necessary at this moment since until November 9th there is a double XP boost, which stacks up with the 3 hour 25%xp boost you are rewarded with every other story mission.

There is also an option of Character transfer if you really want to transfer your characters over. If you subscribe, I think you get 1 free transfer, the others will cost like 100 cartel coins each. But it's much more fun to level up a new character with friends anyway :P

1 hour ago, Lilypad said:

You're planning on going Republic? I guess we can do that too :P 

Oh I didn't even see that.  Well in that case I can roll a DPS/Marksman Sniper.  Glass cannon but can do some decent damage.  Probably my most comfortable character in the Imp side, I enjoy ranged more than lightsaber for some reason.

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Blaze1221 said:

Man, I hated the MMO I loved the original 2 games for Xbox back in early 2000s but the MMO didnt meet my expectations at all.

(Nerd mode go)  KotOR 1 was great, 2 was....well 2 got the shaft.  The PC version had some content restoration done that fleshed out the story and made it not awful.  There was also some (non-canon of course) added conent for 1.  I really liked 1, and tried to like 2.  It had some neat features, but Obsidian dropped the ball so hard due to deadlines and such.  Bioware just had a better more polished game in KotOR 1.  If only Bioware would've done 2.

There were murmurs of KotOR 3 and even some concept art that made its way out, but SWTOR basically took over.  I play it for the fleeting moments of canonized Revan moments and some closure for some of the KotOR era stuff.  The newer expansions I haven't fully played thru yet.

I will disagree there....BioWare is not what was missing in KotOR 2, it was time. If Obsidian would have been given more time to finish the game, it would have exceeded Kotor 1 easily. Everything Obsidian has come close to has been a huge success.  look at Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout New Vegas, Alpha Protocol and last but not least, South Park Stick of Truth and Tyranny. 

Basically Obsidian was not the issue, it was BW.

SWTOR is great as a KOTOR game however, nothing can take that away from it. The Old Republic Era is by far the best Star Wars era in the EU, with some of the strongest Siths and Jedi. The stories are well done, sith stories give you real satisfaction if you like to be the egoistic maniac that stereotypical siths are, but Agent story is still truly magnificent and unrivaled among stories in SWTOR.

2 hours ago, PWG said:

(Nerd mode go)  KotOR 1 was great, 2 was....well 2 got the shaft.  The PC version had some content restoration done that fleshed out the story and made it not awful.  There was also some (non-canon of course) added conent for 1.  I really liked 1, and tried to like 2.  It had some neat features, but Obsidian dropped the ball so hard due to deadlines and such.  Bioware just had a better more polished game in KotOR 1.  If only Bioware would've done 2.

There were murmurs of KotOR 3 and even some concept art that made its way out, but SWTOR basically took over.  I play it for the fleeting moments of canonized Revan moments and some closure for some of the KotOR era stuff.  The newer expansions I haven't fully played thru yet.

Man, I loved KOTOR 1 and 2 I loved going to the sith planet and letting it corrupt my jedi in the first 1. The second imo was good as well Atton made the story come alive with his quirky and sarcastic personality. Plus the blind sith has such an interesting character. Becoming a sith assassin was the most accomplished feeling I had when i was a child. I bought the P.C version of 1&2 at walmart awhile back and the content was the same basically just with a few additions to both.

Edited by Blaze1221
spelling errors :p (see edit history)
9 hours ago, Lilypad said:

I will disagree there....BioWare is not what was missing in KotOR 2, it was time. If Obsidian would have been given more time to finish the game, it would have exceeded Kotor 1 easily. Everything Obsidian has come close to has been a huge success.  look at Neverwinter Nights 2, Fallout New Vegas, Alpha Protocol and last but not least, South Park Stick of Truth and Tyranny. 

Basically Obsidian was not the issue, it was BW.

SWTOR is great as a KOTOR game however, nothing can take that away from it. The Old Republic Era is by far the best Star Wars era in the EU, with some of the strongest Siths and Jedi. The stories are well done, sith stories give you real satisfaction if you like to be the egoistic maniac that stereotypical siths are, but Agent story is still truly magnificent and unrivaled among stories in SWTOR.

First off I will go on record saying the era of The Old Republic is by far some of the most interesting.  I honestly wish to have movies set in this era, but am doubtful it will happen (even though some stuff has been canonized via Clone Wars, Rebels, etc).

2 was 100% wishy-washy because of deadlines.  Like I said the content restoration mod that made for 2 helped a lot.  Some default features in the game did leave KotOR 1 in the dust, but it was hard to overlook how rushed the storyline felt IMO.  Some mods was even trying to get the dialogue some audio.  The time crunch was what killed 2.  The only reason I said BW could've made 2 is because they at least were able to complete the first one.  I'm not familiar with many (if any) Obsidian games.  KotOR 2 was my first taste of Obsidian.  I think the other problem (for me at least) was how long KotOR 2 took to get going.  I felt like I was stuck on the Peragus Mining Facility which what felt like forever.  And it was essentially abandoned (or well.....every organic was terminated by HK-50) which drove me crazy.  The other things that kinda just didn't do it for me was we were introduced to some really interesting stuff in KotOR 1 that was essentially brand new, and then its just forgotten.  The Rakata for instance.  I understand that our playable character (Meetra Surik) isn't directly related to Revan's party from the first game obviously (but is still someone who is actually part of Revan's war as they disbanded the order to join him in his fight against Mandalore and the invading forces), and the whole "there's no access to where the ship has gone, T3's memory core is basically wiped, HK-47 is in such dire need of repair he doesn't remember a thing".....it's just feeling like you're playing a game that doesn't really continue the story of KotOR 1 had laid out.

Its only been 5 years, but I almost wish we would've heard more about things like Taris, Malak, the species of Rakata (that the Republic would have at least investigated a little bit since they were in the system).  You'd think there would've been some sort of effort to assist Taris after it was bombed.  It wasn't Death Star'd after all.  We manage to visit Dantooine, a planet that Malak also decided to attack (though it was on a lesser scale, mainly the settlements and the Jedi Temple).  I mean we do get some new Sith with Sion and Nihilus, but these Sith come out of left field and weren't involved with Malak.  Its to what I can equate the First Order and the Empire.  Its just some force bearing the name Sith that had no correlation with the previous (as far as I know) leadership.  It does happen, but the 5 year span just seems so quick that no followers of Revan or Malak would want to really take the reigns.  Instead we get a zombie, a ghost of a man, and an exiled Jedi turned Sith who did participate in Revan's wars.  Personally Traya/Kreia is probably the best Sith out of the triumvirate IMHO.  She's obviously the puppet master pulling the strings.  Nihilus and Sion just sort of fell in step with her as she seeked them out.  Nihilus and his story, while interesting, give no real backstory of who this man was.  All we know is he got ravaged by the Mass Shadow Generator.  Sion has been dead for ages but his hate and anger keep him going.  His backstory is interesting as it calls back to the days of Exar Kun.  I will admit that KotOR 2 at least gives us the fates of our Jedi Masters from Dantooine unfortunately.  But at least its closure.  I did also like visiting Onderon, a planet that experienced some of the battles of Revan.  Korriban stays pretty similar between KotOR 1 and 2, other than the dead bodies of the acolytes and trainees and other Sith who went up against each other in order to take what little power was left. Korriban in KotOR 2 was a very interesting and desolate place to visit.  It had more importance (to me at least) than the mining facility so I could deal with the lack of any human what so ever.  I'm assuming we visit a different part of Korriban in SWTOR, as its very different from what we see in 1 and 2.  I would've liked some more continuity in Korriban as the Valley of the Dark Lords changes quite a bit between KotOR and SWTOR, along with the Academy and the topography of the planet, leading me to believe we're visiting a different part of the planet.  Same thing with Tatooine.  Anchorhead almost an entirely different city compared to KotOR 1.  No swoop track (yeah, swoop racing!), layout is entirely different (which I can understand being 300 years inbetween).  But at the same time I would've loved some throwbacks to KotOR 1 in SWTOR's Anchorhead since its the same settlement that Revan visits.

As far as SWTOR.  It has its moments.  I will admit I have not played the entire storyline for every character (I've completed Trooper, Agent, and Sith Warrior).  The Imperial Agent is by far my favorite though.  Its very "behind-the-scenes" and shows you how much Imperial Intelligence plays a role in both the Empire and the Sith.  But in SWTOR is where we finally see Taris, though its 300 years later and basically the zombie-apocalypse incarnate...zombies being Rakghouls.  We finally get to see the Endar Spire again (which retcon, didn't blow up), which is neat.  I only lament we don't get to see Taris earlier because at this point Taris is more vegetation than ruins.  I'm sure 5 years after the bombardment it would've been a smoldering wreck of city ruins.  At the same time I wish we would've gone to Dantooine in SWTOR, because according to lore, the Jedi Enclave there once again becomes abandoned.  It would be an interesting and possibly spooky location to visit.  Though it'd be hard to shoe-horn it into the game unless its maybe like some daily mission area or something like Section X or The Black Hole, etc.  But I mean it would be cool to see the Enclave after the end of KotOR 2.  It was promptly abandoned again so who knows how much was actually restored.  Would also be interesting to see the surrounding settlement of Khoonda as well (see if the Republic integrated it or abandoned it being too close to the old abandoned Jedi Enclave).  TBH I kinda wish a few other KotOR locations (Dantooine, Onderon, Lehon, maybe even Malachor, Telos IV, or Kashyyyk) would show up in SWTOR.  Just to kind of let the player feel a sense of completion if they played the previous KotOR games and ones who didn't would have new planets to explore and gain lore from.

That being said I enjoy SWTOR, I have enjoyed the storylines I've played so far and will continue to play.  (Probably unsubbing for a bit and dealing with F2P mode but I can continue to grind out my other characters, I have quite a bit of unlocks so I won't be playing a totally gimp'd game, just need to get all my characters to 60 and finish their actual storylines...)

Edited by PWG (see edit history)