Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female "Gerald's Game" bedwetting

Didn't know they made a movie.  I read that book when it came out and have always remembered that scene.  Also, I've always wondered if Stephen King was lurking around on these fora.  I was a huge King fan when I was younger and there are quite a few wetting scenarios in his books including fear wetting in Cujo, bondage desperation in Gerald's Game, desperation scenarios in It and Drawing of the Three, among others.  He floats down here with us, I think.

• 1 year later...
On 6/3/2019 at 10:38 AM, taylojohnson1 said:

Do you know where in the book this scene happens?

Same spot actually, she has the dream about her childhood and wakes up with wet sheets and not needing to pee anymore. The text was something like "her body had taken care of that need while she slept" and then when she sees something in the dark whatever's left in her bladder squirts out in a "warm gush of heat". I'd use those words to scan the book if you happen to find a preview on Google Books or another digital copy of the book.

21 hours ago, DiminishingReturns said:

Its actually a really great and interesting story. I do believe she pees the bed at least twice. It has been awhile since I read it.

I remember in the book she pees again in fright the following day after she has manged to escape from the bed.  I am sure that SK is (was?) one of us.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/7/2019 at 11:14 AM, DiminishingReturns said:

Very likely. I have read every book he's written and there is a wetting scene in over half of his books. That is a LOT of pee scenes.

Maybe is just because to pee themselves is an icon of being really really scared. I mean, he’s an horror writter, right?

3 hours ago, Gabo said:

Maybe is just because to pee themselves is an icon of being really really scared. I mean, he’s an horror writter, right?

Yes I get that part, and it may seem like that on the surface, but if you read many of his works and see the way he works it in, I think you will come to the conclusion that he has a special interest in wetting. In one of his short stories, a girl wets her pants after going down a slide and is pretty nonchalant about it. In another one, a boy gets very excited after finding something he'd been looking for. The experience was trance-like for him, and only after he comes out of it, he realizes he'd wet his pants. In yet another story, a witch woman becomes mesmerized by a glass ball and wets herself repeatedly while using it. And in yet another story, near the end, after a harrowing experience that a group of friends come through successfully, one of them is left permanently incontinent. 

• 2 years later...
On 6/29/2019 at 5:43 PM, DiminishingReturns said:

Yes I get that part, and it may seem like that on the surface, but if you read many of his works and see the way he works it in, I think you will come to the conclusion that he has a special interest in wetting. In one of his short stories, a girl wets her pants after going down a slide and is pretty nonchalant about it. In another one, a boy gets very excited after finding something he'd been looking for. The experience was trance-like for him, and only after he comes out of it, he realizes he'd wet his pants. In yet another story, a witch woman becomes mesmerized by a glass ball and wets herself repeatedly while using it. And in yet another story, near the end, after a harrowing experience that a group of friends come through successfully, one of them is left permanently incontinent. 

Which books are these, respectively?