Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Hardest Game Bosses?

I'm not entirely sure why I'm posting this, other than the fact that I'm curious. I've seen a fair few gamers on here so let me ask, what are some of the hardest bosses you've beaten and why? I'll give some to start us off. Bear in mind that this is personal opinion.

Eely-Mouth (Super Mario Sunshine)

Some people bash Sunshine, but I've always had a soft spot for it. That said, the underwater controls were terrible, therefore an underwater boss was quite frustrating. For this fight, you had to clean the eel's teeth while trying not to drown or get swallowed, with the controls making it easier said than done. I was young when I fought this boss and he's not so bad now, but he was the first boss to really frustrate me. He had to be here for nostalgia's sake.

Monsoon (Metal Gear Rising: Revengance)

This guy was a royal pain in the ass for many reasons. For starters, he has a five-hit combo that's so fast that it's pretty much impossible to parry every blow. His other attacks are also really quick and do a huge amount of damage. He can detach his hands to attack from multiple directions at once. To top it all off, he has a phase of invincibility that goes on for an infuriatingly long time (unless you can hit him with a grenade). Finally slashing him to pieces was beyond satisfying.

Senator Armstrong (same game)

Not much to say here. He's not as annoying as Monsoon, but he hits hard and fast and has 200% HP. That said, he's also one of the greatest final bosses I've ever fought, so I can't really complain.

Master Core (Super Smash Bros for Wii U)

To be fair, this one's optional; you only face it on higher difficulties. If you do, however, you're up against a boss with up to four distinct phases, each with attacks that do an insane amount of damage. And you have only two stock. If you're playing on the highest difficulty on the Wii U version, you then have to face Master Fortress, a brutal gauntlet filled with enemies and acid pits that insta-kill you if your damage is high enough. 

Lynel (LoZ: Breath of the Wild)

Okay, he's not technically a boss, but the one on Ploymus Mountain killed me more than any of the real bosses. The issue with this guy is how early you potentially face him. The toughest enemies up to this point had a few hundred HP, the Lynel had 2000 HP. Plus, pretty much all of his wide array of attacks were insta-kills. You can try to sneak past him, but he's incredibly perceptive and ca easily spot you. I ended up beating him through trial and error, with plenty of Perfect Dodges. The gear I got from him and the satisfaction were both worth it.

Calamity Ganon in Master Mode (same game)

In normal mode, this final boss is moderately challenging. In master mode, he's incredibly difficult for one reason: enemies regain health over time if you aren't hurting them. Calamity Ganon becomes invincible for very long periods of time, so he was undoing nearly all the damage I had  inflicted, dragging out the fight. I was finally able to beat him by stunning him with Urbosa's Fury for free hits, but even then it took forever

So those are my hardest bosses. What are yours? Did any of them appear on my list? Let me know!

You have not seen hell until you've attempted to beat Jasper Batt Jr in No More Heroes 2's Bitter difficulty. Considering it's one of my favorite games, the fact that I got all the way through on the hardest difficulty and still didn't bother beating him should speak volumes.

For one I actually did bother (because I needed to), Mega Man Zero's Aztec Falcon. Even as someone who was already well-experienced in both classic and X, he took me months to beat. In retrospect, he's not that hard, but that's the case for the entire series. First time, he's possibly the hardest part of the series (besides maybe Phantom's stage in the same game), and he's the first real boss. Zero 1 has a real bad backwards difficulty curve, where Aztec Falcon is ridiculously hard but Copy X is easy.

And on a related note, the hardest boss I really enjoy fighting is the bonus Omega fight in Mega Man ZX. He's a great challenge to someone who's well familiar with Zero and ZX gameplay, he's got patterns that can be learned, they're just fast, damaging, and comboable. Whether you win or lose, he doesn't take long, and even a game over doesn't send you back far. Also, considering how powerful Omega should logically be, his fight at the end of Zero 3 was kind of a letdown (though I don't mind it, considering it's mandatory and stage 3 of a final boss), so this rectifies that mistake and gives us the battle we deserve.

And finally, the Triangle button in Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. I fucking hammered that thing with all of my strength, but not even Big Boss could withstand the three angles that even Sora has mastered. (seriously, fuck that torture sequence)

Edited by Captain L (see edit history)
1 hour ago, PPP said:

Lynel (LoZ: Breath of the Wild)

Okay, he's not technically a boss, but the one on Ploymus Mountain killed me more than any of the real bosses. The issue with this guy is how early you potentially face him. The toughest enemies up to this point had a few hundred HP, the Lynel had 2000 HP. Plus, pretty much all of his wide array of attacks were insta-kills. You can try to sneak past him, but he's incredibly perceptive and ca easily spot you. I ended up beating him through trial and error, with plenty of Perfect Dodges. The gear I got from him and the satisfaction were both worth it.

The first Lynel I encountered made me cry, lol. Really early on, I found the one in the “colosseum”. I really wanted so badly to beat it, but it was just absurd. It was only maybe 50 hours into the game, when I had finally learnt the timing for perfect parrying from getting annoyed with destroying guardians the slow way, that I was able to beat one of the Lynels.

Off the top of my head some of the hardest bosses in my mind are:

Slave Knight Gael and The Nameless King from Dark Souls 3.

If you can count grinding for a very long time as hard Baal from Disgaea D2 is very hard.

In Yggdra Union Guardian Angel Marietta is very hard to beat seeing how you should not even know she can be killed starting off with ???? HP, she seems to take no damage, the game does not even tell you, you can attack her, she is well above the level cap and you need her to be at 1 HP and use the right skill to kill her after that.

1 minute ago, diokno44x said:

Motherfuckin Nameless King, one of, if not THE hardest Soulsborne bosses. Granted, you are fighting a God of War at basically his max power 

Honestly, I'm one of those weirdos who didn't find him all that tough. His first phase is a pain for sure, but I actually defeated his second phase on my second try. Sister Friede, Darkeater Midir, and Slave-Knight Gael, however? I died so much to them, I was in serious danger of running out of embers and having to go on lengthy grinds to restock.

Faust has faced many a difficult boss in his own time.....Some of which he did not even overcome. Faust will list a few of them from 'Kicks your ass' to absolutely Destroyed.

Boss 1: "I Challenge you to a Duel!"

So, the world kind of sort of ended, and you've been turned into a half demon, half human hybrid that has to fight to survive, and welcome new demonic entities into your party. You're trying to find your friends after the literal apocalypse, and you've managed to finally get a foothold in this world.....Finally getting to it...

Before you're warped off by the game [with a prompt, thankfully], to another world to fight an enemy that spits out said quote....

To some, this quote merely incites the urge to play card games. For others, this means a good old fashioned death match... To those playing Shin Megami Tensei III, Nocturne: This phrase is synonymous with an extreme wake-up call, sheer agony, and many a retry.

6c0.png

Matador:

A Mandatory Fiend, on your quest to make your way around a ruined Tokyo, this boss seems tough already at a glance, but from an already unforgiving game. [Faust's friend died in the second mandatory fight of the game, without making any genuine mistakes, [other than not having the paranoia of a schizophrenic squirrel]...

Matador, fighting by himself against your party seems like an easy foe....Before he unloads with a small repertoire. He can hit with Force, He can hit with Physical strikes, he can charge said strikes, and he can bring forth his Red Capote...Which Maximizes his evasion stat. [In a game where buffs will never naturally dispel]

Unlike a good portion of RPGs, Buffs in SMT III aren't just Useful, they're borderline mandatory. A single buff can amplify your stats enough to catch up to some higher level foes......And it takes four actions to maximize a buff. He can do it in one. At this point, you're so early in the game you don't have the best of moves, and can barely keep up with buffs of your own, or debuffs for that matter....... And, with Evasion stat also governing Accuracy, attempts to even strike this foe tend to end Null and void. Which, costs you valuable turns. Endure this onslaught, and overcome him....And you're still not in the clear. Faust would go on to mention that this entire game is torture..But, Faust has other bosses, and series...But, if anyone could overcome the title on Normal, Much less Hard that basically says right at the beginning. 'This is going to Suck. Don't.'...One would know the true terror of this RPG's Difficulty. But onward!

Boss 2: "I am a Shadow...The True Self!"

Words you'll hear quite a bit in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. The innermost aspect of a person's self.... These manifestations of the latent human psyche are what stands between you, and saving a victim from a deadly other world inside of the television, before the fog can roll in.....

Some of these shadows, after beaten, will even reward you with additional party members! Hooray! But, they won't go without a fight....  Faust's personal salt from difficulty coming to....

th?id=OIP.m8dVj2efirDXZ6WYIsi8jwEbEs&pid

Shadow Kanji

The Boss of an impressionable Youth, troubled by a mixture of his own feelings, and the pressures of society. While Faust will not go into details specifically, know that this fight is pain on a first run.

You're fighting 3 enemies this battle.....one of which constantly buffs the main boss, and one that launches powerful attacks.... and then there's the Main shadow itself. It can Poison all of your male party, Enrage all of your female party members... Oh, and this is one of the fights that includes a foe who is immune to physical blows. So, if you run out of Mana to fight them. [SP in this world], then, good luck! Thankfully, the main shadow that needs to be felled can be beaten with only physical moves. [and Trivialized on a second run through the game], but with powerful electric attacks, vicious physical blows, the mentioned status ailments, and his two flunkies making your life worse....

Faust places Kanji's Shadow on this list...and advises anyone engaging this battle to be patient, persistent, and to have ways to cure Poison and Enrage. Or, bring something to null phys or Elec to make your life suck a bit less.

Boss 3: "Give me that puzzle!"

To anyone who's had the pleasure of playing this game, Faust applauds you. Faust also would like you to know that you are not going through it without a loss.

215_heishin-heishin-2-character-guide_90

This Jaffar-from-Aladdin looking MFer is Heishin from a Yugioh Title Faust Enjoyed, Yugioh, Forbidden Memories.

Being a game on the playstation 1 with more in common with Duelist Kingdom than the actual cardgame.....This game gives you monsters early on with the powers of 300 to 1100 or so, and more to less forces you to learn that the Fusion system is less focused like in the actual game, and more of a casual conception combination.

[Dragon + Thunder makes Thunder Dragon. Thunder Dragon Plus Dragon makes Twin headed Thunder dragon!]

While you get the hang of this, maybe grind up a few cards in other modes, and build your deck...It seems all is fine and dandy......

Until you're forced to battle this guy for the sake of the world! Like any Yugioh setting, you pull out your deck, make your first move, and summon up the best thing you can muster....[Likely in the 1500-1700 range if one is lucky.] You turn it over to Heishin, and await his move only to have him drop a Meteor Black Dragon, turn 1.

That's right. a Monster with 3,500 Attack. [Easily Double, if not triple or more everything in your deck...Much less, stronger than anything you'll have for a good long while]

And then he'll completely overrun you with creatures just as, if not even more formidable than that.

You eventually get your ass kicked, and the plot progresses..... But, he gets unlocked in free duel... For when you can summon something that might get up to that level, and you hope to get incredibly lucky. Beat him, and you can get some cool cards. But, with a constructed deck of some of the most broken stuff you can get..... Heishin has a special detail no other Yugioh Villain seems to get.....

Should you, through some Divine Will, Millennium puzzle-Cheating Shenanigans, or just plain magic, you manage to beat him...What does he do?

Heishin just challenges you again, UNTIL YOU LOSE.

Gee...Wonder why every other VIllain, who could rule the world by winning a single card game...Would just settle for losing once. Why not just win the war of attrition? Eventually, you'll get lucky.....
Much like the game in general....

Boss 4 [Bonus Boss]: "Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road.Neither Human, Nor Devil..All Bends to my Will."

So, you're going through a game where the entirety of the world is one huge Gang war, and all of the residents are fighting for the right to Ascend to Nirvana. Sounds pretty intense already, before one introduces the Atma Virus, which corrupts everyone into a race of Cannibalistic Demons, that long for, and hunger for the flesh of others.

Pretty sweet gig, all one might be considering....[And a WONDERFUL adventure Faust suggests one play].....but, when you go into a seemingly innocuous room on a NG+, it warning you of a terrifying presence... One might think 'My skills were retained from my last playthrough. I'm going to destroy this thing like everyone else in this game so far.'

,,,,You are rudely awakened by, none other than...

th?id=OIP.vtBvNaDcvKwWKoZ2uW2_XACmEs&pid

The Demi-Fiend, a Bonus Boss who does not mess around. [And, if one has paid attention, Is the Main character from the first game Faust mentioned]

For starters, unlike other entries, Should you enter this battle with the ability to nullify an elemental strike, He'll do what any Veteran Nocturne player facing a foe immune to your moves would do, and use an Almighty [Read: Unresistable] attack to Devastate your party in a single move. What's more, he has Help. Should you avoid triggering his 'Destroy your Life' Opening Volley, you're now facing a reasonably challenging fight with an enemy that similarly has a mountain of resistances, forcing you to use almighty....

But wait, there's more! Should you go into this battle, and manage to fell some of his help..... He will simply replace them with something that will then try to put your party to sleep, costing you valuable turns and making your battle harder.....

Only to follow it up with the same 'Destroy Your Life'  attack he punishes you for in the beginning for trying to cheese him with resistances.

[Destroy Your Life -> Almighty attack that does damage in the 10,000s. <Your Maximum HP is 999>]

So, one wonders how to beat him... Well, there is a skill that helps with this... A skill you likely obtained, then never bothered to equip cause it was so situational.....

[Null Sleep].

Unlike other Nulls, rather than keeping you bright eyed and bushy-tailed through the most boring lectures a teacher could address, or any historical documentary, this one makes you invincible...so long as you're asleep.

It's your only saving grace this fight.... As he will repeatedly summon in replacements for foes you beat..... And every 3rd ally he calls out, he'll try to Destroy your Life again.

So, one would think, just focus him down, and end his life?

No.

His allies, while already formidable....

Can Fully Heal Him.

Which also kills them.

And then brings him back to DESTROY YOUR LIFE mode if you're on a bad turn.

So, yeah. Faust is not ashamed to admit he hasn't fought this foe.... It's far too troublesome to hit all of those lucky factors...And manage to pull it off. Oh, and the kicker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y2MI7uMr6k

This is the song that plays while you fight him. While an amazing Song, one will notice...

It's the normal Battle theme for Nocturne. No flair, No pizzaz......

This is how he sees you.. [and how you'll likely be, on your attempts].

As a Simple..Normal Encounter for a Veteran Demi-Fiend. Good Luck....

And finally...

[Bonus Boss 2]:  "I make my living as an Elevator Attendant....But I know several effective methods of inflicting Pain...."

So, you've gone through this game..saved the world, and all that pizazz. You've fused both Lucifer, and Satan, You can Armageddon spam anything foolish enough to get in your way.... And you're max Level! What could stand in your way?

elizabeth-persona3-portrait.png

Oh. Right...

Elizabeth, From Persona 3.

As one who's been in the background for most of the game, you might think she might not have all that and a bag of chips.... <Or truthfully, all of her marbles intact>.

While she is an amusing character, getting her challenge seems like a simple in and out.....

Though, she tells you to go in one-on-one. No matter, you go in there, and unleash Armageddon, doing 9999 Damage [Like to everything you have before] And...

It does about half her HP.

You realize you've made a mistake. You have enough time to realize that you've made said mistake as she unleashes her own form of it.... in the form of Megidoloan....

And you take 9999 damage, and die.

You realize that this isn't going to be like everything else as you go in again..And you find out several things....

1. She has Demi-Fiend's [Destroy your Life] Method if you try to Cheese her with resistances.

2. She cycles through all of the elements, 2 of which are instant death elements.

3. She gets 2 moves to every 1 of yours.

4. Should you try to bring in others to help, she'll immediately go into Destroy your Life mode, infinitely....

So, you overcome that, you beat the odds on insta-death. [Or have homoculi, which will save you from an insta-death each], and you bring her health down to about half on the HP meter, and.....

She Fully Heals.

Oh, did you not keep track of her HP? Yeah, she has exactly 20,000. And, as you bring her down under 10,000, she'll fully heal herself. Then the fight can really begin...As after that, she'll only heal herself when she dips below 9001 health.

So, you have to keep track of her HP, and when she dips into 9999-9001 range, you Unleash Armageddon on her.

Did I mention Armageddon takes all of your SP? So, if you're not at full SP [Or have a skill to halve SP costs], guess what? You have to endure another round to fully heal, so you can hit her.

If you make a mistake, you're dead. If you're unlucky, you're dead... If you aren't prepared, guess what? You're Dead.

To this day, Faust dare not challenge Elizabeth, or any others like her.....For the difficulty of her, coupled with the random luck factor, has just shied Faust away from fighting these bosses..,

And that was Faust's own personal list of bosses. [Faust may have forgotten a boss or two, but Faust will maybe post later, perhaps.]

Faust needs to play some non-JRPGs sometime....

1 hour ago, Faust said:

Faust has faced many a difficult boss in his own time.....Some of which he did not even overcome. Faust will list a few of them from 'Kicks your ass' to absolutely Destroyed.

Boss 1: "I Challenge you to a Duel!"

So, the world kind of sort of ended, and you've been turned into a half demon, half human hybrid that has to fight to survive, and welcome new demonic entities into your party. You're trying to find your friends after the literal apocalypse, and you've managed to finally get a foothold in this world.....Finally getting to it...

Before you're warped off by the game [with a prompt, thankfully], to another world to fight an enemy that spits out said quote....

To some, this quote merely incites the urge to play card games. For others, this means a good old fashioned death match... To those playing Shin Megami Tensei III, Nocturne: This phrase is synonymous with an extreme wake-up call, sheer agony, and many a retry.

6c0.png

Matador:

A Mandatory Fiend, on your quest to make your way around a ruined Tokyo, this boss seems tough already at a glance, but from an already unforgiving game. [Faust's friend died in the second mandatory fight of the game, without making any genuine mistakes, [other than not having the paranoia of a schizophrenic squirrel]...

Matador, fighting by himself against your party seems like an easy foe....Before he unloads with a small repertoire. He can hit with Force, He can hit with Physical strikes, he can charge said strikes, and he can bring forth his Red Capote...Which Maximizes his evasion stat. [In a game where buffs will never naturally dispel]

Unlike a good portion of RPGs, Buffs in SMT III aren't just Useful, they're borderline mandatory. A single buff can amplify your stats enough to catch up to some higher level foes......And it takes four actions to maximize a buff. He can do it in one. At this point, you're so early in the game you don't have the best of moves, and can barely keep up with buffs of your own, or debuffs for that matter....... And, with Evasion stat also governing Accuracy, attempts to even strike this foe tend to end Null and void. Which, costs you valuable turns. Endure this onslaught, and overcome him....And you're still not in the clear. Faust would go on to mention that this entire game is torture..But, Faust has other bosses, and series...But, if anyone could overcome the title on Normal, Much less Hard that basically says right at the beginning. 'This is going to Suck. Don't.'...One would know the true terror of this RPG's Difficulty. But onward!

Boss 2: "I am a Shadow...The True Self!"

Words you'll hear quite a bit in Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4. The innermost aspect of a person's self.... These manifestations of the latent human psyche are what stands between you, and saving a victim from a deadly other world inside of the television, before the fog can roll in.....

Some of these shadows, after beaten, will even reward you with additional party members! Hooray! But, they won't go without a fight....  Faust's personal salt from difficulty coming to....

th?id=OIP.m8dVj2efirDXZ6WYIsi8jwEbEs&pid

Shadow Kanji

The Boss of an impressionable Youth, troubled by a mixture of his own feelings, and the pressures of society. While Faust will not go into details specifically, know that this fight is pain on a first run.

You're fighting 3 enemies this battle.....one of which constantly buffs the main boss, and one that launches powerful attacks.... and then there's the Main shadow itself. It can Poison all of your male party, Enrage all of your female party members... Oh, and this is one of the fights that includes a foe who is immune to physical blows. So, if you run out of Mana to fight them. [SP in this world], then, good luck! Thankfully, the main shadow that needs to be felled can be beaten with only physical moves. [and Trivialized on a second run through the game], but with powerful electric attacks, vicious physical blows, the mentioned status ailments, and his two flunkies making your life worse....

Faust places Kanji's Shadow on this list...and advises anyone engaging this battle to be patient, persistent, and to have ways to cure Poison and Enrage. Or, bring something to null phys or Elec to make your life suck a bit less.

Boss 3: "Give me that puzzle!"

To anyone who's had the pleasure of playing this game, Faust applauds you. Faust also would like you to know that you are not going through it without a loss.

215_heishin-heishin-2-character-guide_90

This Jaffar-from-Aladdin looking MFer is Heishin from a Yugioh Title Faust Enjoyed, Yugioh, Forbidden Memories.

Being a game on the playstation 1 with more in common with Duelist Kingdom than the actual cardgame.....This game gives you monsters early on with the powers of 300 to 1100 or so, and more to less forces you to learn that the Fusion system is less focused like in the actual game, and more of a casual conception combination.

[Dragon + Thunder makes Thunder Dragon. Thunder Dragon Plus Dragon makes Twin headed Thunder dragon!]

While you get the hang of this, maybe grind up a few cards in other modes, and build your deck...It seems all is fine and dandy......

Until you're forced to battle this guy for the sake of the world! Like any Yugioh setting, you pull out your deck, make your first move, and summon up the best thing you can muster....[Likely in the 1500-1700 range if one is lucky.] You turn it over to Heishin, and await his move only to have him drop a Meteor Black Dragon, turn 1.

That's right. a Monster with 3,500 Attack. [Easily Double, if not triple or more everything in your deck...Much less, stronger than anything you'll have for a good long while]

And then he'll completely overrun you with creatures just as, if not even more formidable than that.

You eventually get your ass kicked, and the plot progresses..... But, he gets unlocked in free duel... For when you can summon something that might get up to that level, and you hope to get incredibly lucky. Beat him, and you can get some cool cards. But, with a constructed deck of some of the most broken stuff you can get..... Heishin has a special detail no other Yugioh Villain seems to get.....

Should you, through some Divine Will, Millennium puzzle-Cheating Shenanigans, or just plain magic, you manage to beat him...What does he do?

Heishin just challenges you again, UNTIL YOU LOSE.

Gee...Wonder why every other VIllain, who could rule the world by winning a single card game...Would just settle for losing once. Why not just win the war of attrition? Eventually, you'll get lucky.....
Much like the game in general....

Boss 4 [Bonus Boss]: "Death's vastness holds no peace. I come at the end of the long road.Neither Human, Nor Devil..All Bends to my Will."

So, you're going through a game where the entirety of the world is one huge Gang war, and all of the residents are fighting for the right to Ascend to Nirvana. Sounds pretty intense already, before one introduces the Atma Virus, which corrupts everyone into a race of Cannibalistic Demons, that long for, and hunger for the flesh of others.

Pretty sweet gig, all one might be considering....[And a WONDERFUL adventure Faust suggests one play].....but, when you go into a seemingly innocuous room on a NG+, it warning you of a terrifying presence... One might think 'My skills were retained from my last playthrough. I'm going to destroy this thing like everyone else in this game so far.'

,,,,You are rudely awakened by, none other than...

th?id=OIP.vtBvNaDcvKwWKoZ2uW2_XACmEs&pid

The Demi-Fiend, a Bonus Boss who does not mess around. [And, if one has paid attention, Is the Main character from the first game Faust mentioned]

For starters, unlike other entries, Should you enter this battle with the ability to nullify an elemental strike, He'll do what any Veteran Nocturne player facing a foe immune to your moves would do, and use an Almighty [Read: Unresistable] attack to Devastate your party in a single move. What's more, he has Help. Should you avoid triggering his 'Destroy your Life' Opening Volley, you're now facing a reasonably challenging fight with an enemy that similarly has a mountain of resistances, forcing you to use almighty....

But wait, there's more! Should you go into this battle, and manage to fell some of his help..... He will simply replace them with something that will then try to put your party to sleep, costing you valuable turns and making your battle harder.....

Only to follow it up with the same 'Destroy Your Life'  attack he punishes you for in the beginning for trying to cheese him with resistances.

[Destroy Your Life -> Almighty attack that does damage in the 10,000s. <Your Maximum HP is 999>]

So, one wonders how to beat him... Well, there is a skill that helps with this... A skill you likely obtained, then never bothered to equip cause it was so situational.....

[Null Sleep].

Unlike other Nulls, rather than keeping you bright eyed and bushy-tailed through the most boring lectures a teacher could address, or any historical documentary, this one makes you invincible...so long as you're asleep.

It's your only saving grace this fight.... As he will repeatedly summon in replacements for foes you beat..... And every 3rd ally he calls out, he'll try to Destroy your Life again.

So, one would think, just focus him down, and end his life?

No.

His allies, while already formidable....

Can Fully Heal Him.

Which also kills them.

And then brings him back to DESTROY YOUR LIFE mode if you're on a bad turn.

So, yeah. Faust is not ashamed to admit he hasn't fought this foe.... It's far too troublesome to hit all of those lucky factors...And manage to pull it off. Oh, and the kicker?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y2MI7uMr6k

This is the song that plays while you fight him. While an amazing Song, one will notice...

It's the normal Battle theme for Nocturne. No flair, No pizzaz......

This is how he sees you.. [and how you'll likely be, on your attempts].

As a Simple..Normal Encounter for a Veteran Demi-Fiend. Good Luck....

And finally...

[Bonus Boss 2]:  "I make my living as an Elevator Attendant....But I know several effective methods of inflicting Pain...."

So, you've gone through this game..saved the world, and all that pizazz. You've fused both Lucifer, and Satan, You can Armageddon spam anything foolish enough to get in your way.... And you're max Level! What could stand in your way?

elizabeth-persona3-portrait.png

Oh. Right...

Elizabeth, From Persona 3.

As one who's been in the background for most of the game, you might think she might not have all that and a bag of chips.... <Or truthfully, all of her marbles intact>.

While she is an amusing character, getting her challenge seems like a simple in and out.....

Though, she tells you to go in one-on-one. No matter, you go in there, and unleash Armageddon, doing 9999 Damage [Like to everything you have before] And...

It does about half her HP.

You realize you've made a mistake. You have enough time to realize that you've made said mistake as she unleashes her own form of it.... in the form of Megidoloan....

And you take 9999 damage, and die.

You realize that this isn't going to be like everything else as you go in again..And you find out several things....

1. She has Demi-Fiend's [Destroy your Life] Method if you try to Cheese her with resistances.

2. She cycles through all of the elements, 2 of which are instant death elements.

3. She gets 2 moves to every 1 of yours.

4. Should you try to bring in others to help, she'll immediately go into Destroy your Life mode, infinitely....

So, you overcome that, you beat the odds on insta-death. [Or have homoculi, which will save you from an insta-death each], and you bring her health down to about half on the HP meter, and.....

She Fully Heals.

Oh, did you not keep track of her HP? Yeah, she has exactly 20,000. And, as you bring her down under 10,000, she'll fully heal herself. Then the fight can really begin...As after that, she'll only heal herself when she dips below 9001 health.

So, you have to keep track of her HP, and when she dips into 9999-9001 range, you Unleash Armageddon on her.

Did I mention Armageddon takes all of your SP? So, if you're not at full SP [Or have a skill to halve SP costs], guess what? You have to endure another round to fully heal, so you can hit her.

If you make a mistake, you're dead. If you're unlucky, you're dead... If you aren't prepared, guess what? You're Dead.

To this day, Faust dare not challenge Elizabeth, or any others like her.....For the difficulty of her, coupled with the random luck factor, has just shied Faust away from fighting these bosses..,

And that was Faust's own personal list of bosses. [Faust may have forgotten a boss or two, but Faust will maybe post later, perhaps.]

Faust needs to play some non-JRPGs sometime....

Glad to see another SMT fan