Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Rearz single-tape diapers?

I ordered a bunch of different types of diapers from Rearz a while ago. Two of the varieties I got have only one tape on each side, baby diaper style. Seems fun, but is there a trick to getting them to fit properly? If I just try it from the angle I would with a normal diaper, the tape landing area gets bunched up and the tape doesn't stick well. But then if I line the front and back up so that the tape lands flat, I can make the legs tight enough, but the waistband becomes totally loose. After trying like 10 times, the tapes lost most of their stick.

I know one tape is never going to work as well as two, but is there a way to get these to fit even reasonably well? Other than me gaining like 20 pounds of belly fat?

A friend once gave me some single-tape ABU diapers. I could never get them to fit properly. I can see why people would want to try them; they want the nostalgia of having diapers that are similar to the ones they wore as infants. But once you try two-tape diapers, there really is no comparison. There's a good reason why the vast majority of adult diapers are two-tapes - because they work the best.

I guess just try to get them as tight as possible in the middle and accept that the upper and lower portions are probably going to feel loose. That's what I did, and it worked as well as it could I suppose.

I wish I could provide some real help here. My best advice is to learn from this and to "stick" to two-tape diapers in the future.