Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Video shoot logistics

The topic of what goes on behind the scenes of a video shoot has come up from time to time, and I always try to answer as best I can.  Pretty soon we are going to be doing another shoot for HD Wetting and HD Diapers. 

For those of you who are interested in what kind of planning goes into a shoot like this, I attached the rundown for the shoot to this post.  The rundown is the master document that we work off of, listing the scenes we are shooting, their description, and the shooting schedule.  As you can see in the document, the videos are planned, but not really scripted.  The girls take these rough descriptions and figure out where to go from there.  This way it doesn't feel like they are working off of a script, but we can still plan out different scenes.

o-Rundown.pdf

1 hour ago, downwest6 said:

Thank you for posting this, TVGuy! Informative and interesting to see your process.

Thanks @downwest6!  I had a bit of a debate with someone who helps with the shoot about posting this, and shoot transparency in general- It was this person's view that by sharing behind the scenes details that I would ruin the illusion for members, or those who might be members, thus making them not want to join the site.

It is my view that everyone here is probably smart enough to realize that the videos are fantasies that get produced for the sake of making a video.  The girls are intentionally putting on a show for the camera.  It is fun to watch such fantasies, and you can still use your imagination and pretend, and you still get to see attractive girls wear diapers and pee in their pants, but they are very much doing it for the camera.

2 hours ago, TVGuy said:

Thanks @downwest6!  I had a bit of a debate with someone who helps with the shoot about posting this, and shoot transparency in general- It was this person's view that by sharing behind the scenes details that I would ruin the illusion for members, or those who might be members, thus making them not want to join the site.

It is my view that everyone here is probably smart enough to realize that the videos are fantasies that get produced for the sake of making a video.  The girls are intentionally putting on a show for the camera.  It is fun to watch such fantasies, and you can still use your imagination and pretend, and you still get to see attractive girls wear diapers and pee in their pants, but they are very much doing it for the camera.

Agreed. In a way, knowing that they're invested in the performance and work to create the illusion adds a level of appreciation for me, like watching any actor on the screen.

As for knowing about the behind-the-scenes in general, I think that the scrutinization of the making of art we love deepens our appreciation of the illusion, not destroys it. It's the same as watching a director's commentary or B-Roll on a DVD. You see the talent, skill, and care that goes into the product.

45 minutes ago, Dunney said:

Intriguing. How do you get them to piss that often, and what does it do to their electrolyte balance?

The girls are constantly taking in fluid throughout the entire shoot in order to produce enough urine for all the videos.  As you can imagine, not all potential models can do this.  This is one of the reasons casting for such content is so difficult.

We shoot with a 2:1 water to diuretic beverage ration- Two bottles of water, then soda, Snapple, energy drink, or something that has electrolytes and produces a diuretic effect.  When we actually shoot the peeing, the girls never fully empty their bladders.  They stop peeing just before they are finished, always saving a little bit so they can pee again immediately.

10 hours ago, james07s said:

Have you ever tried getting some boys to wet in the videos, too? I remember reading you say something about that a long time ago but haven't seen anything since. Was it too hard to find hot guys into this?

So yes, I thought launching a version of HD Wetting and HD Diapers featuring men might be something that people were into.  However, casting proved to be quite a bit more difficult than I initially imagined.

The problem was that all the guys who expressed interest only wanted to do it because they were into pee play, and for them it was just some kinky fun.  There is nothing wrong with this by itself, except that they didn't want to approach it professionally-  They didn't want to spend a whole day shooting various scenes, or acting out different scenarios.  Once it starts to sound like work, and there is paperwork, tax stuff, contracts, they suddenly loose interest.

It is extremely difficult to find guys who approach fetish modeling as a profession, and are willing to treat it as such.

9 hours ago, kyrieelleison14 said:

I'm glad you shared that TVGuy! It's always interesting to see how film production goes and I gotta say you definitely have a productive day of filming! I never thought you could film that many videos in a day honestly but it's always cool to see the production side of filming.

@kyrieelleison14 I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

On 27/07/2017 at 1:00 PM, TVGuy said:

So yes, I thought launching a version of HD Wetting and HD Diapers featuring men might be something that people were into.  However, casting proved to be quite a bit more difficult than I initially imagined.

The problem was that all the guys who expressed interest only wanted to do it because they were into pee play, and for them it was just some kinky fun.  There is nothing wrong with this by itself, except that they didn't want to approach it professionally-  They didn't want to spend a whole day shooting various scenes, or acting out different scenarios.  Once it starts to sound like work, and there is paperwork, tax stuff, contracts, they suddenly loose interest.

It is extremely difficult to find guys who approach fetish modeling as a profession, and are willing to treat it as such.

@kyrieelleison14 I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

Haha... If I could make money off it you had better believe I would be professional, work out and shave every day if I had to. That's saying a lot for me xD

10 hours ago, LunasAuditor said:

Thanks for sharing this - definitely interesting! And the whole "sharing" thing sounds incredibly hot, definitely my kinda deal, two girls sharing wet panties/diapers... Also, what are the colour codes?

Color codes- Descriptions that are in pink are for content being produced for HD Diapers.  Descriptions in light blue represent content for HD Wetting.  If the scene heading is highlighted in red, that means there is some kind of additional note, script, or something that is in an additional document, not just what is in the rundown.  Often these items are a result of a specific user request, and that user request will be printed out and attached.  Items highlighted in dark blue, such as breaks or lighting setup changes, are things that need time scheduled for them, but aren't actually content that is being shot- Like a lunch break.

6 hours ago, pissypants2005 said:

Thanks for sharing TVGuy. That's a lot packed into a single day. About how often are such shoots performed? Is this enough to keep your site running for about a month or so?

How often such shoots are performed really depends on the availability of models, crew members, and locations for filming.  This shoot produces enough content to get us through about a month and a half, with a couple scenes in reserve.  

When possible, I like to alternate between big shoots, like this one, and smaller, single model shoots, in between.  Then intermingle the content from both those shoots in the release schedule to have a mix of both single model and multi-model videos.  For the smaller shoots, I like to try out new models whenever possible.  If we do a smaller shoot, that will take place in just a few weeks.  Then it will be a couple months before we do another big one.  Otherwise, we'll be doing another big one in about a month and a half.

4 hours ago, pissypants2005 said:

Thanks for answering TVGuy. One more question. How often is it that you shoot a scene and subsequently realize that for whatever reason the footage isn't good enough to publish onto your website? What happens to such videos? Are they just deleted?

It is exceptionally rare that we shoot an entire scene, only to discover later, while editing or reviewing the footage, that the scene simply isn't going to work.  It has happened, but very seldom.  In those cases, the issue has been that something didn't work technically- Like the audio didn't get recorded, or the record button was double punched, so we ended up recording the in-between stuff while we were setting up, but not the actual scene itself.  but yes, in the exceptionally rare event that a scene just doesn't come out, it will get deleted.  However, I'd like to note that as long as you can see the model peeing, I'm going to use it- I figure that is really what people want to see, so if that gets captured it is going to be on the site.

More often we will discover that something isn't working while shooting and change plans.  This past shoot that I shared the run down, for example, we realized the scenes we planned for shooting in the car weren't working very well.  The camera had too narrow field of view and the car was too cramped to really be able to film things the way we wanted.  As a result, we only shot one of the car scenes and came up with a couple other simple scenes, not in the car, to shoot instead.

• 1 year later...