Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

At what age were you potty trained/taken out of diapers?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I asked my mother about this a few years ago, she said I hated diapers so she started me when I was about a year and a half and I was fully trained just after I turned two. I only had a few potty accidents when I was little, they usually happened when I was sick or for some reason I couldn't get to the toilet right away. I never held it too long, I always went when I had to go. I do feel that most children aren't ready at such a young age, small people have small bladders and bowels and they need time to learn to control them. It's not fair for children to be forced to use the potty when they aren't ready and I have no idea why anyone could ever think it's a good idea to punish a child for having an accident. Why do adults have no empathy for children? Kids are being forced to use the potty when they are too young, they are also now expected to read and write when they are only four or five years old. I also keep seeing very small children using phones and tablets. Can we just let kids be kids? It's also not fair for day care centers and schools to judge children and parents if a child isn't potty trained at the usual age or has regular accidents. Sorry about the rant, but the stigma surrounding people with incontinence or other toileting issues needs to end!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

My daytime training started at 18 months to two years, but the daytime diapers didn’t come off (at least most of the time) until age five-and-a-half, almost six.

Occasionally I would be put back in diapers even well into my grade school years when I was sick or unusually stressed out (leading to some temporary regressions) but (as I recall) this was not all that common an occurrence and it probably rarely (if ever) lasted for more than a day or two.

My nighttime training wasn’t complete until age ten (or possibly even eleven).