Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

At what age were you potty trained/taken out of diapers?

I was not taken out of diapers until age 4 and a half, but i was potty trained before that. My parents let me decide when to let the diapers go and I didn't feel I was ready until I really wasn't even using the diapers, but rather had them on just in case. As a result, ive really never had a pee accident, the only two accidents I've had were sharts when I was sick, once while skiing and once while sitting on a couch in someone's house I had ever been to and therefore didn't know where the bathroom was while my parents were outside talking to the owners (their friends). As a result of that, I'm not really into accidents and interested by them, although seeing others have them can be a big turn on, and Instead with me I am more into the Intentions side of things. 

So what about all o' y'all?

Edited by BENAir01 (see edit history)
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was potty trained as soon as was possible would be my guess. I have very little memory of how old I was exactly but I do remember my younger siblings being potty trained. Our mother absolutely hated changing diapers and washing them etc. So my siblings learned very fast to potty train or suffer great wrath. Being locked in the basement all day and only let out if you asked to use the bathroom was a great motivator. My sister was a late bedwetter and I was a very late bed wetter but I do not consider that a lack of potty training?

I dont remember exactly my age when i were potty trained so that's means i were young ... only thing i remember it's that once i wet the bed and i also remember that i wanted to wear diaper for sleep untill i have 6-7 years ... i think it's because this accident i remember but im not sure... i was afraid to wet the bed and i always be afraid to pee my pants.. so i weared diaper each night till i have 6-7 but i was never peed them.. it's was just like a protection for me

Well, iI was potty trained at the usual age. But being uncomfortable with using bathrooms outside my home, fear of flushing, so somewhat  q "just in case" and liking them kept me in 'em till almost 8. Wet the bed a bit after

13 hours ago, BENAir01 said:

I was not taken out of diapers until age 4 and a half, but i was potty trained before that. My parents let me decide when to let the diapers go and I didn't feel I was ready until I really wasn't even using the diapers, but rather had them on just in case. As a result, ive really never had a pee accident, the only two accidents I've had were sharts when I was sick, once while skiing and once while sitting on a couch in someone's house I had ever been to and therefore didn't know where the bathroom was while my parents were outside talking to the owners (their friends). As a result of that, I'm not really into accidents and interested by them, although seeing others have them can be a big turn on, and Instead with me I am more into the Intentions side of things. 

So what about all o' y'all?

Edited by diokno44x (see edit history)

I was potty trained early because I had to go to daycare and they wanted kids to be potty trained. I was definitely trained before I was ready. I was shamed. I dreamt of wearing diapers when I was young. There were a couple of times at daycare when I took a nap and woke up with my pants full of poop. It only happened twice that I remember. I didn't like it. As an adult, I experimented with pooping my pants, always in conjunction with wetting, but I don't really care for it anymore. It was like I already peed in my pants so why not go all out and mess my pants too. And it's all because I wasn't ready to be potty trained! 

Potty training for me started when I was 3, but was not totally successful until I was a bit past 4 (with some occasional bedwetting through age 6). I remember feeling anxious about using the toilet, as I was a smaller child with a persistent fear that I might fall in. I also had a playfully pernicious older sister who insisted that I could break the toilet if I "didn't do it right", and that a creature lived in the small, sealed utility space next to the toilet, checking on such things; lies that were crazy enough to work for a time! 

I recall using a training toilet, which required reminders and insistence from my parents, as I would be so preoccupied with play that I wouldn't realize that I needed to go until I was just going. I was pretty good about holding it in public, but for whatever reason- when at home- I would just let loose! 

If "potty trained" means easily holding for 15 minutes at age five and 45 minutes as an adult, I never achieved potty training.

Believe i was taken out of diapers between 3.5 and 4.  But at five I had a major accident just after we arrived at one of mother's friend's houses.  The friend gave me a pair of her daughter's training pants as something dry to wear.  Mother made me wear the training pants the remainder of the day -- even after we returned home.  If it happened again, I'd be put back in training pants or maybe even diapers.  As a reminder mother made me keep the training pants in my underwear drawer until age ten.

Mother made me visit the bathroom before sitting down to a meal, going out to play, watching TV, going for a car ride. . . just about everything.  She told the two girl cousins who sat me to do the same.  When out somewhere and I needed to pee, they'd rush me to a restroom like it was life or death.  My fluids were restricted to three and a half glasses per day.

As I'd had no additional public floods during the next five years, all that ended when I reached age ten.  During those years I rarely, if ever, held a pee more than ten minutes.  So I did not have the habit of waiting, I had exercised neither pee-control nerves nor muscles.  As I entered my tweens, friends a year younger, teased me about  peeing twice as often as they did and always rushing to a bathroom or bush.  Trying really hard, i gained some holding ability.  But that took me over two years.

Knowing I had poor pee control, I fretted about wetting.  Fretting led to minor bed wetting at home.  Fretting more about sleep overs led to major fretting, pee panic dreams and major sleeping-bag wetting during sleep overs.  The doctor told mother to give me a chance to outgrow the bed wetting.  That seemed to have happened by the end of my thirteenth year.  Excepting one minor accident in (high school age not quiet sixteen) I had dry days and nights until age nineteen.  My family didn't know about the high school accident.

At age nineteen I soaked my dormitory bed.  This accident restarted major fretting, which led to pee dreams which led to. . .  Also, day wetting resumed at 1 to 4 per year (many more when attending beer joint dances) to lost-count years.  So I can't claim to have ever achieved the bladder control our society expects.