Sign In

How often do you go to the bathroom?

I usually go to the bathroom...

In the morning

Around noon

Around 4 pm

Sometimes after dinner

Always before bed.

Also I guess it depends on how much I am drinking during the day and if I'm doing things that make me hold it. I guess my body's kind of on a schedule but some days I break off of my bathroom schedule and there has been says where I only went 3 or 4 times.

Guest CwalkPinoy

When I was in elementary a highschool I'd piss about twice a day at school and once at home. Pretty constant schedule. 

Bowels have always been an issue, so its gone from 3 days to a full week by the end of highschool.

These days I just go when I need to, but I try not to eat or drink an hour before an outing so I don't have any urges. I'd say I go about 3 times a day at home, or more if I'm sick. I Also usually go once a night since its hard to sleep on a full bladder or twice if I'm awake.

For me it varies.  I try to drink the 2000 mL per day my doctor recommended.  Assuming that:

When I'm not in a holding mood and my bladder's signaling at 175 mL,  12 times.  Actually, if I consume some extra liquids or do preemptive pees, the number can be higher.  Preemptive pees are needed before getting on a bus, walks in residential neighborhoods, etc.

Not a holding day and my bladder signals at 240 mL, it's 8 times or more.

Bladder having a goodish day (holding 360 mL without getting twitchy) and I'm don't feel like just up as soon as it signals, 6 times or more.

Bladder having a really good (starts spurting around 480 mL), I get to do that once.  It irritates my bladder.  For the next couple days my bladder will suddenly push spurts through my urethra at when 240 to 300 mL full.

So my range varies between 6 times per to more than 12.

• 4 weeks later...

I've been thinking about this a bit since I was told my 12-ish times a day was not normal. 

I think that having a small bladder makes me pee extra out of proportion to my reduced bladder size. Because I have to pee a lot, I know I can't hold it for long, so I end up taking extra pees "just in case", whenever I have the opportunity. So I pee a lot of times even though it probably isn't necessary most of the time. Sometimes it IS necessary though. I'll pee when I leave work even if I peed only half an hour earlier as I have learnt through experience that if I don't I'll probably wet myself on my way home.