Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Lengthy article about athletes and the need to pee

Randomly stumbled upon this article (on Snapchat of all places lol) which was longer and more thorough than I expected. It does focus mostly on male athletes. Interestingly, NASCAR wasn't touched upon, though I guess they have the suits. 
Reminded me of that video of Hope Solo that was posted during the Olympics. 

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19769575/what-do-athletes-do-to-pee-games

Edited by bobillyjo (see edit history)

Because of cultural and anatomical obstacles, female athletes are forced to plan better and hold longer than their male counterparts. Members of the U.S. women's hockey team have even been known to use the expulsion of urine to measure the force of an opponent's checks. After a big hit, says team member Monique Lamoureux-Morando, "you get to the bench and people are joking about it, and you just go, 'Yeah, crap, she just made me tinkle a little.'"

Brandi Chastain, a member of the iconic 1999 U.S. women's national soccer team, leaked into her cleats only once -- during one of her first World Cup practices in Haiti. She remembers it fondly. "Absolutely liberating," she says. "It's hard to feel loose when you have that kind of tension in your bladder."

The best part :)

Guest Closed_Account

Huh, that's funny. I always assumed they were sweating too much to need to pee that badly. That's how it always worked out for me at tournaments, I could down a few liters of water, and not have to pee for hours if it was a hot day. Obviously I wasn't drinking enough if they end up desperate.