Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

reddit discussion on being pee shy at urinal

I've multiple times been in a busy restroom with people around me and despite having to pee badly not been able to pee. This once happened in a super busy restroom at a broadway show with a long line and I had no other choice but to leave the bathroom with a still mostly full bladder. During the show I had to let out just a bit of pee to make my need less, if actually worked but was still kinda scary. 

I used to have this problem although not so badly that I would stop peeing if I'd already started - the problem was getting started in the presence of others. 

Long ago I overcame it and can now pee freely anywhere anytime in or out of my clothes. 

But yeah, why do they always put even numbers of urinals? And what is it with people who have to choose one next to someone else when there's a row of 6 completely free?

7 hours ago, BENAir01 said:

I've multiple times been in a busy restroom with people around me and despite having to pee badly not been able to pee. This once happened in a super busy restroom at a broadway show with a long line and I had no other choice but to leave the bathroom with a still mostly full bladder. During the show I had to let out just a bit of pee to make my need less, if actually worked but was still kinda scary. 

Is being pee shy the reason you go the school day without peeing at school??? you must had been busting many times in last class of the day.     It sounds like you was busting badly in the broadway show?? Normally you hold a lot easily. 

2 hours ago, trackboy said:

Is being pee shy the reason you go the school day without peeing at school??? you must had been busting many times in last class of the day.     It sounds like you was busting badly in the broadway show?? Normally you hold a lot easily. 

1) I am not usually pee shy, it was just once in a packed broadway show bathroom and maybe 2 or 3 other times.

2) I didn't go the school day without peeing. I would go multiple times during the school day. 

3) I was never bursting in the last class of the day

4) "were bursting badly" not "was bursting badly" - learn grammar, anyway to answer no not really, there was just some preassure, enough that I felt it necessary to let just a little out so I could focus on the show. 

5) Why did you memorize so much about me?!?!

I am very peeshy at urinals.

I was in a bar in Hanoi last weekend. The cubicle was in use, so I had to use the urinals. Well they weren´t urinals, it was just a low stonewall around the room. I was alone first but 10 seconds later another guy came in. I coulnd't really go, but when I got a few spurts out the guy at my side had such a strong flow that a few drops of his pee hit my legs. ewwww. I needed a few seconds to get back to work.

I can't use urinals if there's anybody else there at all, and I'll stop the instant anybody walks in and be unable to finish if I've started using one.  So a cubicle is greatly preferable.  Though even then I still won't be able to start if it's too quiet and I'm not the only person there, and may still stop before I'm finished if somebody walks in.

So quite often I walk in, assess the noise level and how many people are there, and then just walk right back out since I know I won't be able to go.  Inconvenient for me, but very convenient for this fetish. :P

17 hours ago, BENAir01 said:

1) I am not usually pee shy, it was just once in a packed broadway show bathroom and maybe 2 or 3 other times.

2) I didn't go the school day without peeing. I would go multiple times during the school day. 

3) I was never bursting in the last class of the day

4) "were bursting badly" not "was bursting badly" - learn grammar, anyway to answer no not really, there was just some preassure, enough that I felt it necessary to let just a little out so I could focus on the show. 

5) Why did you memorize so much about me?!?!

I remembered you had posted that you easily went through a school day  and held it easily. you more recently posted about drinking a lot at work and easily holding it through a 8 hour work day.  Why was you not able to focus on the show with some pressure when it was not intense and was not tensing up???  I focused on my classes very well with the feeling of fullness in my bladder.  There are not that many active posters on this site is easy to remember the handful that do post regularly. 

52 minutes ago, trackboy said:

Why was you

*Why were you.

And Im different then you, a full bladder may help you focus but for me it makes me loose focus at least at what ever else Im doing because I am focusing on my bladder, and when I spent $100 on a ticket to a show, I want to focus on the show, not my bladder. 

Btw the reason i was able to hold me pee through an 8 hour work day is because of how much i sweat at work, I don't sweat like that at school or a broadway show. 

1 hour ago, BENAir01 said:

*Why were you.

And Im different then you, a full bladder may help you focus but for me it makes me loose focus at least at what ever else Im doing because I am focusing on my bladder, and when I spent $100 on a ticket to a show, I want to focus on the show, not my bladder. 

Btw the reason i was able to hold me pee through an 8 hour work day is because of how much i sweat at work, I don't sweat like that at school or a broadway show. 

If we are going to focus on grammar then:

"I'm different TO you";

"LOSE focus";

"when I SPEND ... I want to", or, "when I spent... I WANTED to...".

(Apologies but I couldn't resist it after the comment above)

Guest Closed_Account

I seriously don't understand why they don't install dividers between urinals. Alot of the old bathrooms have them, and it's not like they're that expensive. Maybe it's some kind of health and safety thing.

35 minutes ago, Coinín Beag said:

I seriously don't understand why they don't install dividers between urinals. Alot of the old bathrooms have them, and it's not like they're that expensive. Maybe it's some kind of health and safety thing.

in the old days going way back most did not even know about gay guys so people thought nothing of not having dividers as they figured no one would be looking or care what the      ones next to them were doing.           and also with dividers if someone is really fat they cant get up close.  Now  guys worry  the guy next to them is checking them out so more will get pee shy.  talk   radio show host says back in his day they did swimming class in the nude and no one thought anything of it.  some older buildings have troughs and you line up side by side peeing in them.  troughs are more common in Britain. even bars over there use the troughs for the customers to pee in .

Guest Closed_Account
6 hours ago, trackboy said:

in the old days going way back most did not even know about gay guys so people thought nothing of not having dividers as they figured no one would be looking or care what the      ones next to them were doing.           and also with dividers if someone is really fat they cant get up close.  Now  guys worry  the guy next to them is checking them out so more will get pee shy.  talk   radio show host says back in his day they did swimming class in the nude and no one thought anything of it.  some older buildings have troughs and you line up side by side peeing in them.  troughs are more common in Britain. even bars over there use the troughs for the customers to pee in .

Yeah, I've seen plenty of trough urinals, also those waterfall "pee walls" for want of a better word.

I don't think that's the issue though, or at least not for me. It's just a bit awkward to do something private with someone else practically rubbing elbows, no matter how unattracted they are to me. I just mentioned it because I've only ever seen those dividers in old bathrooms.

Edited by Coinín Beag (see edit history)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/news/217706/diners-complain-sexy-dummies-put-them-off-peeing/

Diners complain sexy dummies put them off peeing

Strange installation is upsetting customers

By BEN ENDLEY

26th March 2015, 1:33 pm Updated: 5th April 2016, 8:59 am

MALE customers are being put off from spending a penny at a restaurant because they are faced with realistic-looking models of women in sexy lingerie.

Diners looking to relieve themselves at the restaurant in Taiyuan, northern China, are faced with the female dummies behind glass wearing risqué outfits and expressionless faces.

Sun Ka, 24, said the mannequins had such an effect on him he had to leave without going.

He said: “I walked back out again when I saw the women there because I thought at first I was in the wrong place, but when I realised it was the proper place and I tried to relieve myself, it just didn’t work.

“It was very off-putting having a good-looking woman even if it was a plastic one apparently staring at me as I tried to do my business.”

Images of the bizarre toilet installation quickly went viral on Chinese social media websites after being posted online, with many people sympathising with the guests about how difficult it would be to use the toilet.

LokWin6 posted: “Beauty, when a man looks at you, I can imagine he can no longer pee.”

Edited by Fred46888 (see edit history)
10 hours ago, Coinín Beag said:

Yeah, I've seen plenty of trough urinals, also those waterfall "pee walls" for want of a better word.

I don't think that's the issue though, or at least not for me. It's just a bit awkward to do something private with someone else practically rubbing elbows, no matter how unattracted they are to me. I just mentioned it because I've only ever seen those dividers in old bathrooms.

Here in the UK I've seen some quite grand old ceramic trough urinals in old pubs. I love using them now but they're particularly awkward if you're pee shy because it's obvious to others that there's no river of pee in the bottom when you're struggling to get started. And when the pub is busy you have to squeeze into a narrow gap between other blokes pissing. 

Those urinal divider things seem particularly common in the USA. I've never understood why as it's inconsistent with their funny American cubicles (or stalls, as they call them over there), where the partitions and doors are only 4-5 feet high and stop a foot and a half off the floor giving only minimal privacy for anyone doing a #2. I hate taking a dump when I visit the USA.

Guest Closed_Account

Probably so security can walk through occasionally and make sure no one's shooting up heroin or sleeping or having sex or something.

Oh yes the ol' urinal. I'm fine if I'm already going when someone gets close, but I have hell of a time getting started with people around. I don't have a conscious fear of going in public, but my bladder has other thoughts.

Once on a long road trip I had to skip a bathroom break because I was at the urinal and my dad was there as well, so I kind of had to wrap things up after standing there long enough to avoid things getting awkward. By the time I got to the hotel I could barely stand straight as I carried my suitcase to the room. Probably one of my worst unintentional desperation moments. 

Another more recently was when I was out drinking with family and after a number of drinks I had a reasonable urge to go, so off to the bathroom I went. The bathroom is pretty small, there's a urinal next to the door and stall next to the urinal. The door does have a lock, but it doesn't seem to work as someone else walked in and went into the stall. Apparently that wasn't enough privacy as I couldn't go now that someone else was there pissing away. Although if it were the other way around I probably would have been fine... I guess I didn't think of that... So after they were done I decided to give up and head back. Around 30 minutes later we left and I was pretty desperate probably 9/10. The 15 minutes car ride felt like forever and I was starting to wonder if I'd make it, but it seems really not wanting to wet yourself is a pretty good motivator not too, so I made it home and decided that this was a hold worthy of measurement. 1250ml. :p

2 hours ago, Farvel said:

Oh yes the ol' urinal. I'm fine if I'm already going when someone gets close, but I have hell of a time getting started with people around. I don't have a conscious fear of going in public, but my bladder has other thoughts.

Once on a long road trip I had to skip a bathroom break because I was at the urinal and my dad was there as well, so I kind of had to wrap things up after standing there long enough to avoid things getting awkward. By the time I got to the hotel I could barely stand straight as I carried my suitcase to the room. Probably one of my worst unintentional desperation moments. 

Another more recently was when I was out drinking with family and after a number of drinks I had a reasonable urge to go, so off to the bathroom I went. The bathroom is pretty small, there's a urinal next to the door and stall next to the urinal. The door does have a lock, but it doesn't seem to work as someone else walked in and went into the stall. Apparently that wasn't enough privacy as I couldn't go now that someone else was there pissing away. Although if it were the other way around I probably would have been fine... I guess I didn't think of that... So after they were done I decided to give up and head back. Around 30 minutes later we left and I was pretty desperate probably 9/10. The 15 minutes car ride felt like forever and I was starting to wonder if I'd make it, but it seems really not wanting to wet yourself is a pretty good motivator not too, so I made it home and decided that this was a hold worthy of measurement. 1250ml. :p

I am guessing being pee shy had a role in stretching your bladder as you have had to hold it a lot of times with it real full since you was unable to pee with others there. did you have to go the school day without going at school in high school because of that??? you must have had to hold it a lot at bars and clubs too  when drinking a lot of beer.