Sign In

Bianca's Adventure

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello again! This is now my second time delving into the interactive stories forum. My first one, A Little Assistance, went unfinished, most likely because I had gotten too involved in the plot and it

Mentally, you run through various different ways you could attempt to free yourself - burning the vines at your feet with a fireball may work, and indeed sounds like the most efficient option, but you

Accept her offer, grab our stuff and get out of there.  

Posted Images

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm back! Sincere apologies for neglecting this story, my muse is incredibly fickle and I've had a ton of stuff to deal with recently so I haven't been able to work on anything. For now, this should be continuing!

"Uh, yeah, no. Do I look like a lab specimen or something to you? You're not using me for your weird alchemy!" Risa says, folding her arms and looking away. "Not a chance!"

"Risa," you interject, "she's not trying to do anything dangerous to you, you know. It's just... well, you're a fairy. Fairies don't come near human civilizations often, and so they're hard to come by, but the ingredients you can get from them are very important! Like, I think fairy wing dust is supposed to have restorative properties, right...?"

The alchemist nods. "Yes, that's right."

"Because, there was this one time my auntie broke her leg, and I remember helping my dad make a salve for it with some fairy dust we bought from a trader. She got better in a few days, and could walk just fine! See, Risa, all this lady wants is to be able to make things like that. You'd be able to help out and make some useful potions, that's all. Besides, it doesn't hurt you to give away wing dust, does it? That stuff already comes off your wings all the time when you fly! It's your choice, of course! It's just... it wouldn't be very hard, would it?"

Risa considers this for a moment, gazing at the dust filling the air as she beats her wings. "...Still, what's in it for me, though?"

"Well, you're getting paid, aren't you? This... this wouldn't be my money to keep, Risa! If you're helping this alchemist out, then the money's yours to spend! You could get something from the market!

Risa puts a little finger to her chin in curiosity. "Ooh, I suppose that's true." She pauses for a moment, looking at you and the alchemist in contemplation, before smiling and nodding.

"Okay! You make a good point. I suppose it wouldn't hurt! What do you need me to do?"

"Ooh, I'm glad you're willing to help out! Here, come inside, why don't you?"

The interior of the alchemist's shop is extremely cluttered. Potions line dusty shelves along every wall, glowing in every color of the rainbow and lighting the dimly-lit room up in a clash of hues. A variety of odd smells fill the air, a new strange sent with each breath. It's quiet, and every footstep causes the floorboards to creak audibly.

"Now, if I could just get you to beat your wings for a while..."

Risa is seated at the edge of a wide wooden bowl, with her back to the center. The alchemist has placed a silken sheet inside of it, and is now expectantly watching Risa. Following the potion-maker's orders, the fairy begins to gently flap her wings over and over, causing a little flurry of dust to fall into the bowl.

"How long do I have to keep this up?" she asks.

"Oh, two or three minutes, probably. Just enough to fill the bowl a little. Any more than that and you'll probably wear yourself out."

"Alright, then. So what else was it you needed? You said uh... tears, right?"

"Tears are useful, yes, but difficult and tedious to extract in any useful amount. I highly doubt you'd want to spend an hour trying to force yourself to cry into a vial. Blood, I'm sure, is also out of the question, and I wouldn't want to put you through that. However, there are other valuable ingredients as well! Hair, if you're willing to let me take just a little off-"

"Nope! No way! You think I'm gonna tarnish these looks for a little coin? Ain't happening!"

"Ah, is that so? Too bad? Well, there's also urine-"

"What? Pee? You can't be serious!"

"Oh? But of course, fairies are beings of magic. All of a fairy's bodily fluids thus contain magical energy - yes, even your urine has magical properties! Besides, it isn't as if it's something very difficult to collect, no? Do you have to-"

"Wh-what kind of question is th-that!?"

"Eh? Why, I'm only asking if-"

"N-no! I... I just went, I'll have you know! You should just be grateful I'm giving you my fairy dust!" Risa beats her wings a little harder to illustrate her point, filling the bowl even further with glittery powder.

"Ah...? A shame. Even one vial filled is worth three-hundred-fifty coins-"

"W-wait... did you... say, three-hundred and fifty?"

"Yes, that's what I'd pay for one vial of urine."

Risa is silent for a while, before slowly looking up, face reddening.

"Um... I guess... I do have to go, a little..."

"Oh, well if you're sure! In that case, let me gather this up..."

You watch as the alchemist gently nudges Risa away from the bowl. She grabs the silk sheet by the edges, and pulls it upwards into a little bag, tying the end with a string, producing a small pouch of fairy dust! She carefully puts this away, and then searches briefly, bringing out a little glass vial. She places this on the table, and steps back.

"Well, there you are. If you'd like to-"

"Wait, here?" Risa asks in mild shock.

"Ah, pardon me. I'll be waiting in the back room. Let me know when you're finished." The alchemist bows gently, and leaves you and Risa to yourselves. The fairy shuffles around a little, reaching down to undress, and-

"...H-hey! Bianca, don't you look, either!" she cries indignantly, and you hurriedly turn your back to the table, face reddening slightly. You weren't thinking, there.

"Now keep looking over there..."

...A few seconds pass, and a few more, and a minute of quiet, and...

"U-ugh, this is... nnnghh..."

"...Risa?" you ask, still facing in the other direction. "Is everything alright?"

"Y-yeah, everything's-"

Her voice trails off.

"...Ugh, no. I can't- I... can't go."

"Do you not have to?"

"No, I... I do! I really do, actually, it's just... now that I'm being expected to, I can't..."

"Well... it's alright, you don't have to-"

"You moron! Didn't you hear the lady? Three-hundred-fifty coins just for taking a tinkle into this bottle! I do have to do it! I just... ugh, I can't. This is such a dumb situation, I don't know what to do..."

"Um... well... um..." Your attempt at suggestion ends about as abruptly as it starts. What... exactly are you supposed to do in a situation like this?

---

7:45 PM
1st day of the 1st month

HP: 100/100
MP: 100/100
Belly: 29/100
Hydration: 36/100

Bladder: 67/100
Tiredness: 86/100

Equipment: Iron shortsword, round shield, dress, ribbon, leather boots, panties
Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, snack bag, flint, water flask, flask of urine, sleeping bag, travel guide, spellbook, cloak of invisibility
Potions pocket: Small healing potion (x3), small mana potion (x2), elixir of strength, potion of agility, brew of endurance
Coins: 2200
Known spells: Fireball (10MP), Healing (20MP), Charm (40MP), Small Illusion (50MP)
Companions:

• Risa (forest fairy)
    HP: 25/25
    Bladder: 12/15
    Known spells: Glowlight (10MP) Flash-stun (25MP), Confuse (25MP), Fairydust Storm (30MP)

Um... perform an action...? You think?

17 hours ago, Potty-Polly said:

maybe cast small illusion around risa to make it look like a bathroom....

14 hours ago, DerivativeWings said:

Maybe cast a sound-illusion to create the sound of gently rushing water.

Both ideas are perfect. We are going to rest at an inn soon, so it should not matter how much mana we waste.

You know that this must be an awfully humiliating situation for Risa, and you almost consider telling her it's alright and simply taking the money from the fairy dust - but then an idea forms in your head.

What if you used an illusion spell to make the room look like a bathroom?

Er, wait. That's... a little more than a small illusion, isn't it? You don't think you have enough power for that. You do, however, think you could at least create an illusionary noise of flowing water, which may help!

"Risa," you say, "I have an idea! Does it help if I do this?"

"Do wha-" Risa begins to ask, but pauses as you wave your hand and create the sudden illusionary sound of a noisy stream of water. "Aaah, Biancaaa..." Risa whimpers, "If you do that, I'll..."

Er... that's the goal here, isn't it? Sure enough, after a while, Risa is able to pee. Considering her minuscule size in relation to the force of water tension, it isn't really a stream, but rather a steady series of golden droplets forming between her legs and dripping into the glass vial with a light noise. You suddenly realize that you shouldn't be observing this at all, and very embarrassedly turn away again. Thankfully, Risa's eyes are closed in relief, and she doesn't appear to have noticed.

"O-okay, I'll be honest, that was pretty clever." the fairy admits, face vaguely red, as she pulls her clothing back on. "Um... thanks."

"...You're welcome!"

"Ah, all finished? I'll put that away, if you don't mind."

The alchemist lady has returned, and now carefully corks the bottle, sliding it into place on a shelf. "Thank you very much! Now, I'm sure this must have been a somewhat degrading experience, so I thank you very much for your cooperation. Here, for your trouble - that's two hundred coins for the fairy dust and three-fifty for the urine, for a total of five-hundred-and-fifty. Pleasure doing business!

Risa clings tiredly to your shoulder as the two of you make your way to the Knight's Rest inn.

"I... can't believe I did that..." she sighs. "I totally disrespected myself..."

"Eh? Don't say that, Risa! It's like... um... kinda like... giving blood?" You hurry to suggest something reassuring. "You gave that lady something she could use to make useful potions for people! It was generous, and helpful! Don't be embarrassed just because it was pee!"

"H-hey, can you not mention it so loud in public? But... um, yeah, I guess you're right..."

The inn is a little noisy, what with the adventurers and townsfolk eating and drinking in the main room. You notice that not all of the inhabitants appear to be human - there's a man who's shorter than you, but about three times as thick, who you suppose must be a dwarf. A strange-looking lady with green skin and leaves for hair chats calmly to a man with the head of a fox and fur all over his body. You suppose that in a big town like this, there must be a significant number of magical beings, but it's a little surpising to see nonetheless.

You ask at the counter if there are any rooms available, and to your immense relief, there happens to be one left! You make your way to the door at the end of the hall, and relieved, shrug off your travel pack and coat, taking a moment to relax on your bed. Risa is quick to follow, giggling as she flops onto the comparitively huge mattress.

"I love human furniture! It's so big and comfy! Oh, I could sleep for a year on this!"

You have to agree. These beds feel like home. You could sleep right now if you wanted. ...However, you also just got here. And you're hungry, too! Your belly growled just a second ago. You should buy dinner, and it might be worth it to see if there's anything interesting going on in the main room, no? Maybe get any answers to questions you have, or make a plan of where to go tomorrow!

---

8:32 PM
1st day of the 1st month

Belly: 18/100
Hydration: 29/100
Bladder: 80/100
Tiredness: 93/100

Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, snack bag, flint, water flask, flask of urine, sleeping bag, travel guide, spellbook, cloak of invisibility
Potions pocket: Small healing potion (x3), small mana potion (x2), elixir of strength, potion of agility, brew of endurance
Coins: 2750 (+550)
Known spells: Fireball (10MP), Healing (20MP), Charm (40MP), Small Illusion (50MP)
Companions:

• Risa (forest fairy)
    Bladder: 1/15
    Known spells: Glowlight (10MP) Flash-stun (25MP), Confuse (25MP), Fairydust Storm (30MP)

Decide what else to do tonight.

Edited by Lilia (see edit history)

"Come on, Risa. Let's go and grab dinner before we head to bed! I bet an inn like this has really tasty food!"

It turns out that you were not wrong in the slightest! This is one of the best meals you've had in a while. You decided to get a beef stew with bread and cheese, and it tastes almost as good as your dad would have made. Risa, being so tiny, is making do with snatching tiny bits of your food, which you don't really mind, since she's barely taking anything substantial. Interestingly enough, your meal was served with ale. You're a little cautious, because you've only ever had alcohol in small amounts at home, and you're not really sure if you could handle it. Still, it's not particularly strong, and you make sure only to drink as much as you need to go with your food.

"Mmm! Risa, this is really good! And this is such a homely place, too. I could almost live here, I think!"

"I dunno, kinda noisy." Risa says, nibbling on a piece of cheese. "Maybe humans are used to living around so many people, but I can't see myself spending too much time around these kinds of crowds. Especially... n-nevermind."

"Eh? What is it?"

"...They're big, okay? Everything's big. It makes me a little nervous." the fairy shamefully hides her face in a chunk of bread as she continues to eat.

"Oh... yeah, I suppose that makes-"

"Whaddaya mean, you can't help me, huh!?"

Oh dear. There appears to be some kind of commotion going on over at the bar. A red-haired girl, clad in leather and chain, leans against the counter angrily. This human only further seems to further prove Risa's point, and she shies into your sleeve a little.

"I got word that slimy dirtbag visited here last night," the armor-clad girl hollers, slamming a fist down on the wood, "so don't tell me you haven't seen anything! How much did that fuzzball pay you to keep quiet, huh? 'Cause if you aren't gonna open your mouth, I'll be happy to open it for ya!"

"H-hold on now, I'm telling you, there- there must be some kind of mistake-"

"Mistake, my ass, you're trying to bullshit me, I know it-"

"I already told you we don't know anything!" the terrified bartender replies. "If you keep making trouble, I'm going to have to call the guards!"

"Ugh, fine, have it your way. But I'll get to the bottom of this some way or another, mark my words!" The girl abruptly turns and walks out of the inn, and nearly every eye in the room follows her out.

"Geez, that girl's a real piece of work, isn't she?" Risa asks, coming out from her hiding spot and flitting up into the air again. "What do you think her deal is?"

"I don't know..." you answer in honesty. You're a little curious, though. For now, though, you're very tired, and now that you've had a good meal, you're ready to use the restroom and head to bed, as is Risa, you're sure.

The next morning, you awake to the morning sun pouring in through the window, and find yourself tucked beneath the clean white sheets of the inn bed. For a moment, you're slightly confused, because this isn't home, but you spot Risa snoozing on your chest, limbs spread lazily about, and remember where you are, and yesterday's events. It's a new morning in a new town, and you're suddenly quite excited to get up and get going! 

---

Congratulations on making it through the first day of your adventure! Your bed and meal has cost you, so it's important to keep a steady income through adventuring to afford to live!

8:15 AM
2nd day of the 1st month

Belly: 54/100
Hydration: 48/100
Bladder: 61/100
Tiredness: 0/100

Coins: 2450 (-300)
Companions:

• Risa (forest fairy)
    Bladder: 11/15

Perform an action.

Edited by Lilia (see edit history)

Also, just a note about the direction of the story: You guys have made this pretty fun so far! Do remember that there's no rush, though. My responses to this have been getting kind of long lately, but there's no need to have Bianca leave the inn next thing immediately. Think short-term! Today's plans can all be decided in time. There's stuff you have to do first! (And also stuff that you have been probably forgetting about and holding onto for an unreasonable amount of time...)

What do you mean holding onto for an unreasonable amount of time.  We definitely need that flask of urin.  It could come in handy sometime.  

In all seriousness we should try to get an easy beginner quest and clean out that flask of urin.  Maybe we could get a smaller bottle to hold Risa's urin too.  That is of course if she is ok with it.  

• 4 weeks later...

Trying to find the time to write, but ack, life. Super sorry for the wait!!

Your getting out of bed inevitably wakes Risa, who is a little grumpy to have been roused from her slumber, and clings to the fabric of your dress. With a yawn and a stretch, you put on your boots, and head over to the mirror to tidy up your appearance. While looking for your hair ribbon in your bag, you suddenly notice the flask of urine from yesterday, which you'd accidentally forgotten to empty. Not wanting to let that linger any longer, you empty it out the window.

Your first order of business after getting up is using the restroom - which, due to this being an inn, appears to be communal. And, unfortunately, due to being communal, is currently occupied, with a small line outside. You decide you'll get around to that later, because you have other things to worry about, like breakfast, and figuring out what you're going to do today.

Food is provided free of charge to those who had stayed overnight, and you gratefully grab a few things for yourself and Risa to eat. After you're finished, you buy some food items in case you get hungry on your journey. As you pay, your mind wanders to last night's commotion, and you're suddenly curious as to what was going on.

"I was wondering," you ask the innkeeper, "what was that girl last night so upset about? It seemed like she was angry at somebody."

"Oh, her? I wouldn't be surprised. That's Valeria, the knight's daughter, got quite the temper. Though, that's probably the dragonkin in her."

"Dragonkin?" you ask, confusedly. You don't remember the girl having scales. Or horns. Or wings, or being eight feet tall. She seemed pretty human to you!

"Ah? Well, on her grandfather's side, I think.  She and her ancestors have all got that dragon blood in them, and I tell you, you can see it, you can. They've been knights, protectors of this town, for generations. Don't think she wanted that, though. Hires herself out as a mercenary. Didn't settle well with her family. Last I heard, she and her father aren't talking."

"Oh... that's unfortunate." you say. You aren't really sure what else to say.

"Aha, oh, I wouldn't worry yourself. It's none of our business, anyway. Matters like that, I tend to stay out of. I'm just a simple innkeep, I am."

"...Do you know where I could find her?" you suddenly ask.

"Eh? Find her? You wouldn't want to get caught up in all that, would you?"

"She just... seemed interesting, that's all."

"Ah, well... person like her, I'd think, you'd be likely to find at the Warriors' Guild. Town square, it's the building with the huge statue of the sword, can't miss it. Though if I were you, I'd stay out of that business. Not good for your health, oh no."

You thank the bartender, but now you're only more interested. A mercenary with dragon blood? That just screamed 'adventure'! Surely, this Valeria person would be interesting to meet!

You're well-rested, fed, and ready to start the day, aside from the matter of the restroom. Risa squirms a little on your shoulder, so you suspect she's in the same situation. You know she hasn't gone since the alchemist's shop, and she's tiny. You turn towards the restoom...

...Only to see that the line from before has gotten bigger. Well... maybe you can find a bathroom somewhere else?

---

8:41 AM
2nd day of the 1st month

Belly: 100/100
Hydration: 100/100
Bladder: 69/100
Tiredness: 2/100

Item lost: Flask of urine
Items gained: Empty flask, baguette (x2), cheese, snack bag

Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, cheese, baguette (x2), snack bag (x2), flint, water flask, empty flask, sleeping bag, travel guide, spellbook, cloak of invisibility
Coins: 2375 (-75)
Companions:

• Risa (forest fairy)
    Bladder: 13/15

Perform an action.

You really want to meet this Valeria person, so you decide you'll visit the restroom once you reach the Warriors' Guild. You gather your bag, ready to set out. Of course, there's still the matter of Risa. You think you might be able to wait to use the restroom, but you're not sure about her.

"Risa, do you need the bathroom?" you ask.

"Eh? M-me? Oh, um... maybe a little? I-I'll be fine! Let's just leave!"

"Oh... well, okay, if you're sure." You smile. "We're heading to the Warriors' Guild! I smell an adventure, and I'm not letting it pass by!"

The guild, like the innkeeper said, isn't very hard to find. A large, stone statue of a beautiful, ornate sword stands before a large, fancy-looking hall. You make your way inside, and find yourself in a room full of armor-clad, weapon-bearing people of various species. They all look very strong, and you feel a little tiny in their presence. Risa seems to have retreated into your shoulder a bit. You imagine it's even scarier for her.

Most of the people seem to be clustered around a large signpost in the center of the room, poring over information posters that have been nailed to it. You suspect that these are mercenary contracts. Could be interesting, if you weren't already here for something!

Right... um. Angry girl, red hair, armor... ummm...

"I got the contract here, so this whole thing is your fault! I want my damn money back!"

...Bingo.

You cautiously approach the girl from before, wondering if coming to her when she's like... this... is really the best idea. She appears to be in an argument with an official, soldiery-looking sort of person.

"Ma'am, the guild is not responsible for any damages that may occur in regards to private contracts, you were warned of this when you took it. This is your own responsibility."

"Yeah? Well I think it's your responsibility to not let lying, cheating shitbags put up fake contracts on a public noticeboard, you piece of-"

"E-excuse me!"

The girl named Valeria and the guild official both quiet, turning to look at you. You suddenly feel as if the girl's fiery red eyes are drilling holes into you, and it takes you a second to remember how to speak. There are scales on her cheeks, and tiny horns poke out of her forehead. Now that you're up close, she's a lot more intimidating than before.

"I-I was wondering, um, I s-saw you at the inn last night, and- um, is- is there a? Is, can I... do something to help you?"

"..."

"I... I just thought something might have been-"

"Seriously? You? A little girl and a fairy?" Valeria looks at you and Risa with nothing short of utter disdain. "What is this, some kinda fuckin' joke?"

"H-hey, I'm not-!! I mean, I just... was curious-"

"Yeah, well you can beat it. I'm here for one reason, and it ain't babysitting you two."

"I... I want to help! I'm an adventurer!"

Valeria stares at you with an expression that's halfway between 'insulted' and 'trying not to laugh'.

"...Seriously?" She laughs a little, and then sighs. "You know what, fine. Nobody else has even given me the time of day since I came back to town. If all the help I'm gonna get is from a kid and a fairy, I guess I've gotta take it. Listen, I'll make this quick. I'm lookin' for a guy named Drayvis. Cat person, two feet tall, ugly fur. He's a swindling piece of shit that owes me twenty thousand gold for a contract he thought he could get for free."

"Wait, d-did you say Drayvis?" Risa asks. "I, I think I've heard that name. I o-overheard some people a while ago saying a guy named Drayvis was hiding out somewhere called... um... what was it... think think think..."

"Spit it out, pipsqueak! If this is a joke-"

"N-no, i-it's not! I just, um... ummm..." Risa dances about, looking somewhat uncomfortable. "Um... oh! Oh, it was... Sky... something... Sky...reach?"

"Skyreach Keep?" Valeria asks, going quiet. "...Shit, of course he- well, if he's there, he's dead meat. Come on, let's go!"

The girl rushes off towards the door, and you hurry to follow. Risa seems a little surprised.

"R-right now?" the fairy asks worriedly.

"Yeah, right now! I'm not waiting for him to get away again. This way!"

Risa lets out a little whimper, and leans in close to the side of your head.

"B-Bianca, I... I really have to pee!"

---

You have gained the mercenary Valeria Draconis as a companion! With Dragonkin ancestry, she's stronger than a normal human, and has the ability to breathe fire. She's a powerful and honorable warrior, even if a little intimidating.

Risa has reached the limit of how much she's able to hold. Any more and she'll begin to leak.

9:03 AM
2nd day of the 1st month

Belly: 99/100
Hydration: 98/100
Bladder: 73/100
Tiredness: 4/100

Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, cheese, baguette (x2), snack bag (x2), flint, water flask, empty flask, sleeping bag, travel guide, spellbook, cloak of invisibility
Coins: 2375
Companions:

• Risa (forest fairy)
    Bladder: 15/15
  • Valeria (part-human mercenary)
    HP: 175/175
    MP: 40/40
    Bladder: 52/130
    Known spells: Fire Breath (20MP)

Perform an action.