Jump to content
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In



Or sign in with one of these services

Sign Up
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  

Bianca's Adventure

Recommended Posts

Hello again! This is now my second time delving into the interactive stories forum. My first one, A Little Assistance, went unfinished, most likely because I had gotten too involved in the plot and it started to not mesh very well with the interactive story format. As well as that, the updates were getting kind of lengthy and it was pretty hard to keep going with it.

So for this story, I'm going back to the basics, and starting off with something a little simpler, inspired by RPGs. I don't have any goal in mind, so we'll see where this goes. It should hopefully be fun!

_____________________________________________________

vsE0Bnq.png

(note: this story will not be illustrated, i just wanted to doodle the protagonist!!)

Your name is Bianca Liette, and today is your fifteenth birthday! Ever since you were little, you've been helping your father manage the village general store, which was a task you took to enthusiastically. All sorts of people came and went, buying and selling, with all sorts of stories to share, and the more you heard from merchants and travelers and mercenaries and old wizened wizards, the more you longed to see the world yourself. You're a girl with an adventurous spirit, a girl who wasn't meant to be trapped up in a shop all her life. Today, you have reached the age where young villagers are said to be independent and able to fend for themselves, and you are naturally very excited! Dad has always been telling you to wait until you were older before you were allowed to go beyond the village gate alone, and so today is a day you have been looking forward to for a very, very long time.

Your very own adventure is about to begin!

---

You're sitting in bed in the store's upstairs room, tucked underneath your blankets and wearing your silken nightgown and yesterday's panties. Your curly brown hair is a bit of a mess from your slumber, and since you just woke up, you're a bit thirsty, hungry, and need to use the restroom. Although you feel a bit drowsy, you're also very eager to get up and see what your dad has gotten you for your birthday! You should probably get dressed, and take care of all of those things mentioned previously, but you are also very excited and they are not the most important things on your mind right now.

9:30AM
1st day of the 1st month

(In this universe, all months are 30 days long, and measured relative to Bianca's birthday, for convenience!)

HP: 100/100
MP: 0/0
Belly: 30/100
Hydration: 20/100
Bladder: 60/100
Tiredness: 0/100

(These are your stats! HP is a measure of your health, which is your overall wellbeing! Doing unhealthy or harmful things, or getting into fights will cause you to take damage! If your HP reaches 0, you will die. Let's try not to die! MP are your mana points, which represent how much magic you are capable of using! However, at the moment, you do not know how to use magic. You'll probably need to do something about that first. Belly is a measure of how hungry you are, and Hydration is a measure of how thirsty you are, with 100 being sated/quenched and 0 being starving/dehydrated. Your bladder fullness is obviously a measure of how much you need the restroom, and your tiredness is how sleepy you are. You may earn more stats over time depending on what you do, and these will be added to the list as they become relevant.)

Equipment: Nightgown, worn panties
Hands: None

(Your equipment is a list of the items you currently are wearing on your person, whereas your inventory lists the items you are carrying. At the moment, you can only carry two items in your inventory, as you do not have a bag, only your hands! You should try and acquire a bag at some point.)

What should you do?

(Actions will usually be left entirely to the readers (such as in this case), in which case the general consensus will decide the outcome, assuming it fits the current situation. When it comes to specific choices, the choice with the most votes will win. The story will usually try to leave you with some freedom, and only restrict you if it is important to do so!)

Edited by Lilia (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post

Lets get dressed and head downstairs right away.  It's a big day and we can take care of the other stuff after we find out what we got.  

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, Nikeryda said:

Lets get dressed and head downstairs right away.  It's a big day and we can take care of the other stuff after we find out what we got.  

Ok this, to get things rolling!

Share this post


Link to post

You slide out of bed with a stretch and a yawn, and head over to your drawers, looking for an outfit to wear. If you're going to be going outside today, it should be something simply and comfy, so you put on new underwear, pick out a nice green dress, and don your somewhat worn but dependable leather boots. You take a moment to brush your hair, and even if it's not quite tame, it's good enough. Lastly, you tie a ribbon in it, and after a quick look in the mirror, decide that you're ready to go!

You hurry downstairs, and before you even get a chance to say or do anything, you're being scooped up into your dad's arms!

"Ahh, look, my little Bianca's not so much of a kid anymore, is she?" he says, giving a hearty laugh, and you laugh as well. Your father is an aging but kindly man who used to be an adventurer himself before settling down to run his shop, and so you know he's probably familiar with a day like this.

"You've grown so much in the past few years, you know. Not just in stature, but in heart. A heart that's far too big to be cooped up in a little place like this. Bianca, I think it's about time you went on a journey of your own. And for that you're going to need this."

He sets you down, and you watch eagerly as he withdraws some long, wrapped object from behind the counter, and hands it to you with a grin. You have a feeling you already know what it is, but it still fills you with glee to tear away the cloth and be greeted with the sight of a sheathed shortsword. You carefully slide it out of the scabbard, examining the metal. It's not brand new, by any means - after all, you do live in a secondhand shop - but it's been polished, and it's decently sharp. You give the sword a few practice swings in front of the counter - you've trained a little with weapons before, so you have an idea of what you're doing.

"Careful now, careful! You don't want to hurt anybody!" your father laughs, holding your shoulder to steady you. "But yes, if you're going outside the village, you'll need something to defend yourself with. There are many monsters, after all, and people who would mean you ill. But I'm certain you won't be in any real trouble. You're my daughter, after all! With some practice, you'll soon be an expert."

You really are kind of lucky that your dad has so much confidence in you - the world can be a scary place, after all! You thank him excitedly, and slide the scabbard onto your belt, making sure it fits snugly, and doing a few spins to make sure it stays on.

"Now, I'm sure you're excited, but why don't we get you something to eat before you head out? You wouldn't want to be wandering on an empty stomach. How about a nice big breakfast? It'll be your last homecooked meal in a while, I'm sure!"

...

Your father makes a huge breakfast with bread and butter and bacon and eggs and sausages and mushrooms, and frankly you're quite stuffed from it all by the time it's over. But it was great, and certainly a good way to kick off the day! When you're finished, you head upstairs to the washroom to clean your hands and face. You're about to use the toilet as well, but just as you finish drying off, your dad calls your name from downstairs.

---

You now have a very basic set of equipment, and a weapon! You're capable of combat now! Also, your hunger has been sated and your thirst quenched. You still have a moderate need to use the restroom.

10:05 AM
1st day of the 1st month

HP: 100/100
MP: 0/0
Belly: 100/100
Hydration: 100/100
Bladder: 65/100
Tiredness: 2/100

Equipment: Iron shortsword, dress, ribbon, leather boots, panties
Hands: None

What should you do?

Share this post


Link to post

go down to see what he might want to say... also ask him about learning magics

also, just a question

i'm guessing that the hydration meter directly influences the bladder meter. So does this mean that the belly meter might also influence a Bowel meter in the future, if there are enough votes for it???

Edited by THABURRITO (see edit history)

Share this post


Link to post

Lets go and see what our dad wants and ask him for any advice.  

 

You could've totally made an arrow to the knee joke there if you wanted too.  

Share this post


Link to post
35 minutes ago, Nikeryda said:

You could've totally made an arrow to the knee joke there if you wanted too.  

Hahaha oooohhhh skyrim references. gets me every time... killmeplz

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Lilia said:

Equipment: Iron shortsword, dress, ribbon, leather boots, panties

JUST panties hmm?

Anyway, go to dad and see what he wants 

Also ask about some magic spells and a bag 

Then stock up for the trip 

Then go to the local tavern and get some quest

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, THABURRITO said:

i'm guessing that the hydration meter directly influences the bladder meter. So does this mean that the belly meter might also influence a Bowel meter in the future, if there are enough votes for it???

You are correct about the hydration meter, but no, nothing to do with solid waste going to be involved.

11 hours ago, Mr.Angry-eyes said:

JUST panties hmm?

Well, you know. It's a fantasy setting, those modern conveniences aren't always readily available! (It's not as if Bianca is ridiculously buxom, anyway.)

_____________________________________________________

Oh? Now what could dad be calling you for, now? Momentarily forgetting about your restroom needs, you head back downstairs again, poking your head through the door.

"Ah, Bianca." your dad says, smiling. "While a sword is important, you'll need more than that if you're going off wandering on your own. Here, this is for you as well!"

Your dad gestures to a leather knapsack, and your eyes widen a little. You got a bag, too? Well, it made sense! You needed something to carry your things in, after all!

"It fits nicely, doesn't it? When you're travelling alone, you should always have everything you'll need in an emergency. Make sure to visit stores often, and stock up on items. I wouldn't want you to get caught out without any bandages or food. You'll remember, won't you?"

You give a little affirmative nod. You'd be careful! Taking a peek inside the bag, you see that your dad has already filled it up with some useful things - a knife, some twine, bandages, some bread and a small bag of nuts and berries, a piece of flint, and... oh! A coin purse?

"This is really for me!?" you ask in surprise, holding up the surprisingly heavy sack. "All of this?"

"Yes, yes, you'll need that." your father explains with a smile. "Consider that another birthday gift, why not. And lastly, before you head out, I'll let you pick a few things from the shop, as well. You choose!"

---

You now have a bag, which can be used to store items!

Your father is letting you take a few items of your choice from the shop with you, as well as the things that were already in the bag. Having a look around the shop, you spot the following items:

  • A beginner's book of spells, which should give you some rudimentary magic
  • A wooden shield
  • A set of various potions
  • A jar of expensive panacea, which can cure most injuries
  • A travel guide
  • A health amulet, which will provide you with some additional fortitude
  • A cloak of invisibility
  • A magical torch that ignites upon demand
  • A magic mirror, which should show you wherever or whatever you wish to see
  • A sleeping bag
  • Gloves of strength, which when worn boost your physical power
  • An elixir of levitation, which grants temporary flight
  • A lucky ring, which grants some luck when worn!

All of these are probably good things to have, although looking in your bag, you realize you can only fit five more things. Besides, you don't want to rob your father's shop of all it's got! Clearly, you should grab the most important things... hmm, you could probably grab another one of those cool magical items if you didn't mind forgoing the sleeping bag and napping on the grass... and who needs a map, anyway?

(...Your style of thinking is a little dangerous, isn't it.)

10:10 AM
1st day of the 1st month

HP: 100/100
MP: 0/0
Belly: 98/100
Hydration: 98/100
Bladder: 66/100
Tiredness: 3/100

Equipment: Iron shortsword, dress, ribbon, leather boots, panties
Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, snack bag, flint
Coins: 600

Choose five of the shop items.

Share this post


Link to post

Sleeping bag, travel guide, the set of potions, beginner magic, and then the gloves of strength.  Make sure to thank our father profusely.  

Share this post


Link to post

"Hmm..."

As you look around the shop,  you pick things off the shelves, trying to figure out what the best things to have on your journey would be. A balance of important items and some more fun, useful items, perhaps.

In the end, you settle on:

  • A spellbook
  • A sleeping bag
  • A travel guide
  • The set of potions
  • The cloak of invisibility

As fun as it would be to smash monsters with strength-enhancing gloves, you really have to choose what's going to help you the most. The sleeping bag is a necessity - you don't want to be spending your nights on dirt - and you're going to need the travel guide to keep you from getting lost. Besides, it could help you find your way in a new city. The set of potions will no doubt help you in a pinch - there are concoctions here that restore your health, mana and stamina, as well as a few other interesting mixtures.

Of course, you're going to let yourself have a little bit of fun, too. The spellbook was a must - you've always wanted to try magic, and no doubt it'll help! And... well, being invisible is incredibly fun. You're not going to turn down owning that cloak.

"Ah, well you certainly look quite prepared, now, don't you, Bianca?" your father asks, grinning at your choice of items. Some of those were expensive, but your success is more important to him than profits. "We'll make an adventurer of you yet, just you wait!"

Hearing that fills you with vigor, and suddenly your excitement increases tenfold. You're really, really ready now!

"Now, why don't we walk together to the gate, at least? You're big enough now that you don't need me to hold your hand anymore, of course, but it'd be heartless of me to not see my daughter off!"

...Clearly, as you are a responsible person, you aren't going to forget that you didn't use the restroom before you left, no? ...Hopefully??

---

You've acquired some new items! The Travel Guide has information relating to every major city in the region, as well as a map to help you get around. The Sleeping Bag will allow you to rest whenever and wherever you like, ensuring you get a good enough amount of sleep!

Your Cloak of Invisibility will make you completely invisible while worn! However, you still make noise, so you must take care to be stealthy. If you try to attack or perform any complicated actions while wearing it, you are likely to slip and make yourself visible, so watch out!

Very importantly, you now have a Spellbook! This book contains instructions on how to use certain spells. Using magic will drain your mana points (MP), though, so don't go overboard. You regain MP naturally over time. The four spells you now know are Fireball, which does a basic amount of damage, Healing, which can restore some minor wounds on yourself or others, Charm, which makes a person like you more for a short time, and Small Illusion, which allows you to create an illusion of some sort (visual, auditory, etc) as long as it isn't something great or major. You can learn more spells by finding or purchasing spellbook pages.

10:15 AM
1st day of the 1st month

HP: 100/100
MP: 100/100
Belly: 97/100
Hydration: 96/100
Bladder: 67/100
Tiredness: 4/100

Equipment: Iron shortsword, dress, ribbon, leather boots, panties
Bag: Knife, twine, bandages, bread, snack bag, flint, sleeping bag, travel guide, spellbook, cloak of invisibility
Potions pocket: Small healing potion (x3), small mana potion (x3), elixir of strength, potion of agility, brew of endurance
Coins: 600
Known spells: Fireball (10MP), Healing (20MP), Charm (40MP), Small Illusion (50MP)

What will you do?

Share this post


Link to post

Tell your father that you need to go to the bathroom first. No sense in holding it in for any longer.

Unless, of course, Bianca's fine with just peeing on the grass outside town.

Share this post


Link to post

Full of excitement, we rush to the gate with her father, hurrying him along, forgetting about our bathroom needs due to the more important matter here, adventure!

Maybe remember at the gate that we haven't gone, but be too embarrassed to admit it or turn around since we've come of age and are a big girl now. And have confidence that we'll be okay. 

Share this post


Link to post

Hmm, we have illusion magic now. Wonder if we can use it to hide the wetness on our dress if we ever happened to wet ourself.

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...