Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Great story, although I'm sorry you had to suffer the embarrassment!

I am sure you are not the only person to have peed in a meeting, if that is any consolation. One of our meeting rooms at work has a chair that stinks of pee so someone must have had a major pee accident there. Also years ago a colleague wet herself at her desk when on a conference call. It happens, and could happen to anybody. 

Okay, first of all: oh my god I didn't know you were from BC, small world I guess. 

Second: this time of year I am so glad I don't have this problem. Last week was "cottonwood" week as I like to call it and I was sneezing constantly, despite having a metric crap tonne of reactine and benadryl floating around my system plus nasal spray. 

Anyway, glad you made it out of there without anyone noticing. Don't think I ever could have made it out of that situation without someone seeing it.

3 hours ago, Throwaway8626 said:

Okay, first of all: oh my god I didn't know you were from BC, small world I guess. 

Second: this time of year I am so glad I don't have this problem. Last week was "cottonwood" week as I like to call it and I was sneezing constantly, despite having a metric crap tonne of reactine and benadryl floating around my system plus nasal spray. 

Anyway, glad you made it out of there without anyone noticing. Don't think I ever could have made it out of that situation without someone seeing it.

I've been our here for a year-ish now :) But not from BC :) And yeah the cotton stuff is the one that gets me. 

The skirt rotation is an old trick from high school :)

Rachel, for what it's worth I "feel your pain". First I live on a side street named Cottonwood for good reason. I have a similar allergy. I have no idea whether the cottonwood cotton induced sneezing has any connection, or just the very hot several days unusually cool for a day or so hot again, impossible to balance fluid intake etc, but for the last week or so I've been wet more often than not when I check.

Second last year I was hospitalized, and as often happens for us paraplegics the stay extended and extended. During the first few days one of my nurses engaged me in discussion after about the 4th or 5th time I did not get cathed in time so the bed had to be cleaned. She said to me at one point, so you wet your pants, you go change and carry on. A few days later she was doing something with my IV, turned her head and sneezed, and uttered words I will not repeat here. She turned so I could se a big wet area as she finished the task at hand. Then she left the room. She came back a bit later wearing dry pants.  

12 hours ago, scinosensation said:

Rachel, for what it's worth I "feel your pain". First I live on a side street named Cottonwood for good reason. I have a similar allergy. I have no idea whether the cottonwood cotton induced sneezing has any connection, or just the very hot several days unusually cool for a day or so hot again, impossible to balance fluid intake etc, but for the last week or so I've been wet more often than not when I check.

Second last year I was hospitalized, and as often happens for us paraplegics the stay extended and extended. During the first few days one of my nurses engaged me in discussion after about the 4th or 5th time I did not get cathed in time so the bed had to be cleaned. She said to me at one point, so you wet your pants, you go change and carry on. A few days later she was doing something with my IV, turned her head and sneezed, and uttered words I will not repeat here. She turned so I could se a big wet area as she finished the task at hand. Then she left the room. She came back a bit later wearing dry pants.  

I know how it can be, they are all fuzzy and go up your nose, cycling is the worst :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words :)

Glad you liked my experience!

22 hours ago, RedFox12345678 said:

I'm sorry that it happened to you, although I like the story.

Maybe you should go to a doctor, they can help you.

Thanks for the advice :) I've been visiting urologists all my life, the fact that I only have little accidents like this one when I sneeze, or work out really hard or laugh really hard is a massive improvement from the days of my youth. I've also had a number of treatments in the past. but yes, it's definitely important for people with stress or urge incontinence to get it checked out with their doc :)

20 hours ago, rachelkirwan said:

Thanks for the advice :) I've been visiting urologists all my life, the fact that I only have little accidents like this one when I sneeze, or work out really hard or laugh really hard is a massive improvement from the days of my youth. I've also had a number of treatments in the past. but yes, it's definitely important for people with stress or urge incontinence to get it checked out with their doc :)

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear you went to the urologists and that they could help you - a lot of people feel too ashamed to get medical attention for problems like this.