Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

the movies robot overlords. and my body guard had full bladders in them. for the movie robot overlords a boy in early teens said he had to go really bad and been holding it for ages and was crossing his legs when he asked where the bathroom is. movie is set In Britain.  it is a really good action movie. is out on dvd. the people of earth are  restricted on their movements by giant cube space ships and robots and people working for them and have a tracking implant on the people.  a group of teenage boys find a way to disable their implants. so now they are able to go out and about. when one teenage boy has his implant pulled. and a networking implant put in him to have his memories drained. the process is interrupted by his friend. then he finds he has the power to control the robots then to control the space ships and frees earth of the invaders by destroying the space ships by crashing them. he is also able to control the robots. in the movie my body guard one high school boy was telling another boy new to the high school that you have to hold it all day or you will get beat up in the bathroom. so you must avoid using the bathroom all day at school. there are two movies with same title of my bodyguard. make sure to get the one starting chris makepeace and matt Dillon.  my body guard is a classic movie and you can get it by dvd by mail from Netflix. 

Guest Seeker

Thanks for sharing, but you might want to learn to separate your writing into paragraphs. Capitalizing the first letter of a sentence would help too.

19 hours ago, Seeker said:

Thanks for sharing, but you might want to learn to separate your writing into paragraphs. Capitalizing the first letter of a sentence would help too.

Yes I could capitalize          the first words. paragraphs I never understood how to do those. The times we did formal essays and had to do introductory paragraph      with each sentence being a main idea. then each paragraph expands on those sentences made it so hard that it was very difficult to write. I normally write in a james joyce stream of consiounsious style. 

Guest Seeker

Thanks, that was way easier to read. You just have to separate different ideas. In your post above you could have separated each movie into its own paragraph.

1 hour ago, Seeker said:

Thanks, that was way easier to read. You just have to separate different ideas. In your post above you could have separated each movie into its own paragraph.

Awesome you could read that a lot better. Do you get your bladder really full a lot?? You more into wetting , or holding, or like both about the same??? you done drink and hold contests??? gone to sleep holding it??? played Edwards 40 hands??? held it at school? done sports holding it??? rubbed on your bladder when its real full? 

Guest Seeker

That's quite forward haha.  I don't engage in it personally, but I've been thinking about it. I'd only ever do it if I'm at home and alone.

On 2017-6-13 at 4:58 AM, trackboy said:

the movies robot overlords. and my body guard had full bladders in them. for the movie robot overlords a boy in early teens said he had to go really bad and been holding it for ages and was crossing his legs when he asked where the bathroom is. movie is set In Britain. 

it is a really good action movie. is out on dvd. the people of earth are  restricted on their movements by giant cube space ships and robots and people working for them and have a tracking implant on the people.  a group of teenage boys find a way to disable their implants. so now they are able to go out and about. when one teenage boy has his implant pulled. and a networking implant put in him to have his memories drained. the process is interrupted by his friend.

then he finds he has the power to control the robots then to control the space ships and frees earth of the invaders by destroying the space ships by crashing them. he is also able to control the robots. in the movie my body guard one high school boy was telling another boy new to the high school that you have to hold it all day or you will get beat up in the bathroom.

so you must avoid using the bathroom all day at school. there are two movies with same title of my bodyguard. make sure to get the one starting chris makepeace and matt Dillon.  my body guard is a classic movie and you can get it by dvd by mail from Netflix. 

Something like this helps remove some of the strain reading. Basically just split it into chunks of 3 sentences.

On 2017-6-14 at 7:43 PM, trackboy said:

how do you decide where to break it up into paragraphs? I never did under stand that. 

1) Wherever there's a natural break, like a change in topic, a new piece of dialogue (if writing stories), a new point in an argument, things like that...

2) If you'd maybe stop and take a breath while saying it, there's a good place for a paragraph break...

3) Consider a new paragraph break after say every 5 lines or so - this is not specifically required it's just personally I find about 5 lines of text is where it starts heading into TL:DR territory for paragraph purposes, although depending how well the rest is written it can still hold up for longer but that's a judgement call on behalf of the author...

4) Every 3 sentences is indeed a very useful rule of thumb - though perhaps more guideline than actual rule (to quote captain Barbosa from Pirates of the Caribbean!)

4) Capitalising the start of sentences is enormously important for ease of reading otherwise it is difficult to know where to pause and the sentences start to blur together as you read and lose a lot of their meaning

5) Short sentences can be just as problematic as long ones if used too often, as they tend to make it very jerky to read so if you can, try to combine the thoughts in the really short sentences like "it is a really good action movie. is out on dvd." as together they read with a much nicer rhythm...

I freely admit to being a grammar nazi myself, but although I would happily spellcheck the whole of facebook it is nevertheless true that grammar and writing structure are incredibly important and it's so much nicer for everyone if you're able to write well and we can easily read it! :grin:

For many of our young people today, the only writing they do is short, heavily-abbreviated bits when they text one another with as few keystrokes as possible.  They seldom write enough to break it into paragraphs, and are often so brief that capitals and punctuation are omitted.  We see the result here with posts that are really difficult to read.  It's sad, because they may be submitting something worthwhile, but few people want to work that hard to decipher it.  

Guest Seeker
4 hours ago, Fred46888 said:

For many of our young people today, the only writing they do is short, heavily-abbreviated bits when they text one another with as few keystrokes as possible.  They seldom write enough to break it into paragraphs, and are often so brief that capitals and punctuation are omitted.  We see the result here with posts that are really difficult to read.  It's sad, because they may be submitting something worthwhile, but few people want to work that hard to decipher it.  

I'll take up the task of defending my generation here. We've all gone to school and write papers all the time. I've seen adults who write like this guy, so I don't think it's a new thing.

Seeker, of course you are right.  Most schools are doing their job well, and most graduates can write a readable paper.  But that's "most" and not "all".  Some people become accustomed to text-speak for all their written communication, and they forget that the traditional conventions for writing really do serve a purpose.  I would like to think that creating a bulletin board post will motivate some folks to think back to their sentence structure and punctuation lessons!

26 minutes ago, BENAir01 said:

No one submits an English paper that's 3 one word lines of "k", "sup" and "c00lio". 

Have you looked at the content of some English classes in some high schools?  A student that I was tutoring a few years ago had never been required to write more than a few sentences at one time, and he was totally at sea when his college Freshman English class asked him to submit a multi-page paper.  Perhaps his school was an exception, but I know that some allow students to skate through without teaching them how to write.  

6 hours ago, Seeker said:

I'll take up the task of defending my generation here. We've all gone to school and write papers all the time. I've seen adults who write like this guy, so I don't think it's a new thing.

Same here, i'd like to this place is above the asinine notion of "millennials are ruining x industry" nonsense that I see certain websites whine about.

I've written plenty of papers for college and gotten very good grades on them, and I in fact call out plenty of people in comments sections on Youtube for their poor grammar.

This raises an interesting point - I started reading the more recent comments here thinking how my generation is clearly far less literate than previous generations due to the prevalence of txt spk and lol's, however I realised that actually that's probably not the real point. What has really happened is that the universality of the internet, texting and other digital communications has actually encouraged more people to communicate using the written word via various means and therefore what I suspect is happening is that we're seeing a lot more writing from people who previously wouldn't have engaged in written communications due to lack of skill and/or interest, but due to the modern means of communication are encouraged or even forced to do so.

As such we see not only a lot more lazy grammar, poor sentence structure and bad spelling from people who simply cannot be bothered, but also a lot of people who would normally be discouraged from writing due to difficulties with our (admittedly extremely convoluted) language, who nevertheless are able to contribute due to the inclusive nature of digital communications. I mean I DEFINITELY prefer to read a well written contribution but it's great that everyone can add their thoughts to the community no matter what their literary skill!

Keep on writing, and if we're able to help you to fine-tune it then that's all to the good! :wink: