Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Omorashi.org rule question

16 minutes ago, MsFortune-Take said:

What are those?

He's referring to mods like me, I assume. Hi.

We can easily check to see if a person has multiple accounts. Multiple accounts are against the rules, obviously. Someone who is permabanned cannot easily bypass it unless they literally move somewhere else and buy a new computer. Us mods have tools for checking IP's that takes all of like 5 seconds to see what IP's an account has used, and all activity across that IP, and when and where such activity occurred.

16 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

He's referring to mods like me, I assume. Hi.

We can easily check to see if a person has multiple accounts. Multiple accounts are against the rules, obviously. Someone who is permabanned cannot easily bypass it unless they literally move somewhere else and buy a new computer. Us mods have tools for checking IP's that takes all of like 5 seconds to see what IP's an account has used, and all activity across that IP, and when and where such activity occurred.

Thank you, I just didn't understand how someone could figure out if someone else had another account or not

16 minutes ago, MsFortune-Take said:

Thank you, I just didn't understand how someone could figure out if someone else had another account or not

I am still unsure what the purpose of this thread is; if you are suspicious someone is using multiple accounts you should absolutely message someone on the staff team about us to let us know so we can look into it!

17 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

I am still unsure what the purpose of this thread is; if you are suspicious someone is using multiple accounts you should absolutely message someone on the staff team about us to let us know so we can look into it!

I was just confused on how someone could do that :P I didn't know.

Edited by MsFortune-Take (see edit history)
Guest Blurple

The IP address isn't locked to the computer. Most ISPs give out dynamic or changing IPs unless you have a business account with a static IP address. Yes, IP bans can thwart someone for a short term, but determined trolls can and will get around them.

Example: I post from my cellphone which gives me the option to use wifi at home or my carriers network. If one IP were to get banned I could switch to the other. I could also go somewhere with open wifi and use that connection. There are other ways, but I don't think we need to get into them.

On 19.06.2017 at 5:23 PM, Blurple said:

Example: I post from my cellphone which gives me the option to use wifi at home or my carriers network. If one IP were to get banned I could switch to the other. I could also go somewhere with open wifi and use that connection. There are other ways, but I don't think we need to get into them.

On 12.06.2017 at 0:57 AM, KozmoFox said:

Us mods have tools for checking IP's that takes all of like 5 seconds to see what IP's an account has used, and all activity across that IP, and when and where such activity occurred.

Even with these conditions alone, you will have to avoid using the connections you've been using on your old account. Switching to your carrier's network or using a public wifi is viable in a short term, but is it really convenient? I prefer to browse this site when I want to and not when the conditions are right. Given the fact that the boldly highlighted thing above is not the only thing at the disposal of the Competent Diviner team, the only winning move in the game against them is not to play.

47 minutes ago, Lisk said:

Even with these conditions alone, you will have to avoid using the connections you've been using on your old account. Switching to your carrier's network or using a public wifi is viable in a short term, but is it really convenient? I prefer to browse this site when I want to and not when the conditions are right. Given the fact that the boldly highlighted thing above is not the only thing at the disposal of the Competent Diviner team, the only winning move in the game against them is not to play.

This. There is far more to it than what I stated. You cannot run. You cannot hide. DO WHAT YOU WILL, I WILL FIND YOU.

Guest Blurple

True, but I'm just giving the easy examples. There are easy ways to hide your true IP without leaving your home or changing your habits.