Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

female Just Out of Reach: An ARMS Interactive Story

(Author's Note: Well, here we go, my first crack at creating an interactive story. Might be biting off a little more than I can chew by basing it on a game that hasn't been released yet, but the idea was too good to pass up. No pictures for this story as I have the drawing capacities of a pre-schooler, so hopefully my writing will paint a vivid enough picture in its place.

Without further ado, let's get this potential-trainwreck rolling!)

acMBDuCfPiuFfusrC8UDDLcudcGbn2Z7Ijplv1-hVUEQYBgjzYulzUlLgDzB4Nb42QQkRLu_YlDa6ZyVKzVIzjrND2lFVXiYpte6PZ3mFa9o3akxEQkt5felIWyHxntaStwrApp9

Just Out of Reach

ARMS Interactive Fanfiction by MasterXploder

With thanks to Captain L for editing

Sunlight was good for a lot of things. It made plants grow, brought warm and comfortable days, and it was a lot easier to see what you were doing in it. However, people usually did not think of the positives when a ray of sunlight from the window hit their eyes and pulled them out of their sleep.

Min Min was no different. With a groan, she left her pleasant dreams and lifted her head up. The blinds were on the other side of the room, which normally meant climbing out of bed and walking over to pull it shut, but Min Min wasn’t exactly normal. She reached out, her arm uncoiling and taking the appearance of a really long, springy noodle, and pulled the blinds closed, removing the sun from her eyes all while staying under her covers.

You see, Min Min did not just have arms; she had ARMS, which could extend much farther than the average limb. She did not know why or how she got them, nobody who inherited them did. They didn’t complain about it, though. As freaky as they were, ARMS turned out to be very useful and pretty rad in general.

But before she could retract her arm and go back to sleep, Min Min’s memory of where she was and what she was going to be doing today returned to her. Today was the day of an official ARMS League match, and she would be one of the featured fighters. Another chance to show her stuff in the ring and bring glory to her parent’s noodle shop; that was more than enough reason to open her eyes and start her day now. It was why she wore her mask that lets her control her ARMS to bed, after all.

With a yawn, Min Min climbed out of bed and glanced around the hotel room as she stretched her regular limbs. “Now where I did put my phone,” she wondered aloud right before seeing it sitting on the table in the corner. She went over and picked it up, but the moment the screen came on, her drooping eyes and closed mouth sprang wide open.

“Dà biàn!” She had left her phone on silent, meaning her alarm and several phone calls from her manager never woke her up. Her plans for a morning of meditation and quiet before battle were totally ruined.

Without wasting any time, Min Min grabbed the cup of instant noodles meant to be her breakfast and tossed it in the microwave, setting it to cook for five minutes. In those minutes, she scrambled to do everything she normally did in her mornings: showering, brushing teeth, combing hair, getting her clothes back on, et cetera. By the time she finished those, the noodles were done and had cooled enough to safely touch. Grabbing the noodles and a bottle of green tea from the refrigerator, she rushed out of the room, the door closing behind her with a loud smack.

“I need to start scheduling wake-up calls.”

It was the only thing Min Min could think of as she stood in the gateway leading into the arena. To say the last few hours were not pleasant would be putting it mildly. Her manager certainly wasn’t happy about her missing calls and oversleeping on such an important day. Then there was her interviews with the press and prepping for the match, which she normally didn’t mind but her rude awakening didn’t leave her in the best of moods for.

But the worst thing about her morning was one she was still reeling from, making her tap her foot in place while her hips lightly shook from side to side.

She had to pee. Badly. In her haste, Min Min had made the critical error of forgetting to let out the urine that had built up overnight, and the green tea had plenty of time to make its way south at this point. The end result was a bladder pressing against her skin and begging for release.

It was too late to do anything about it, however. The morning had moved so quickly, she was in the middle of prepping by the time she noticed the urge. By now, her hands were covered by the grips that would hold her ARMS, so she couldn’t get her shorts and tights down even if she made for the bathroom now.

Not that she was going to do that. Min Min was from a family that ran a noodle shop for generations and trained in martial arts. She was determined to always carry that pride with her and show the world the greatness of her lineage. No getting nervous and worrying because she needed a potty break, she would win this match like the fighter she was. She would just have to be a little quicker about it than usual.

“Greetings, ARMS fans, and welcome to Spring Stadium! Are you ready for another action-packed afternoon of fisticuffs!?”

Min Min stood up straight as the announcer’s voice came through the intercom followed by the roar of the crowd. It was time to get serious.

“We’ve got some amazing battles featuring your favorite all-stars lined up today,” continued the announcer, pausing between each burst of cheers. “You’ll see snakeboarder Kid Cobra and buddy-cop duo Byte and Barq duke it out in a battle of law and order versus fun and freedom! Then, our hometown hero Spring Man will take on the grim creeper, the one and only Master Mummy!”

“Come on, get your speech over already,” Min Min said under her breath while shifting her weight from one foot to the other.

“But first, we have a special treat today: An extreme exchange of estrogen between two lovely ladies fighting each other for the first time! You’ve waited long enough, it’s time to introduce our first combatants!”

“Finally!”

“Coming from the Eastern gate is a girl who loves to eat as much as she loves to fight! Don’t underestimate her petite frame, or she’ll cook you up some pain with an extra helping of 'ouch'! She’s here to show that the Mintendo Noodle House serves up a lot more than the best darn noodles you’ve ever had, give it up for the Ramen Bomber, Miiiin Miiiin!”

At the announcement of her name, the gateway slowly rose open, and smoke sprayed from machines on either side while her theme song played through the speakers. No turning back now, she would fight and win for her family, full bladder or not.

Steeling herself, Min Min walked outside into the arena proper, her green and orange outfit shining in the sunlight. Thousands of fans greeted her, some wearing hats with blonde noodle locks just like hers, with possibly millions more watching through their televisions at home. Though she had gotten used to having so many onlookers in her battles, she found it a little harder to maintain her nerves with how bad she needed to pee.

Still, she had to appear that nothing was wrong with her, if not for her fans then at least for herself. She walked forward with the same serious demeanor as usual, then curling her arms and lifting one leg into a pose as she reached her side of the arena. Her bladder let out a pang in protest, but it only showed in the slightest twitch of her eye.

“Wǒ ài lāmiàn!” she yelled to the crowd’s pleasure.

As soon as the cheering and music died down, the announcer’s voice blared once more. “And her opponent today, making her way out of the Western gate now…” Min Min dropped the pose and looked on in determination as her rival came into view.

Who is Min Min’s opponent?

Ribbon Girl, The Airess: A 17-year-old pop star with hair made of ribbons. Loves her fans and hopes to give them a concert in the ring after becoming the champion. Can jump multiple times in the air and dive-bomb to escape any punches thrown her way.

Mechanica, The Scrapyard Scrapper: 15-year-old mechanical genius and a big fan of the other fighters. Excited to meet her idols, but also plays to win. Fights in a mech suit that shrugs off light attacks and hovers in the air.

Twintelle, The Silver Screen Queen: 26-year-old acclaimed film actress. Exhibits a dominant yet playful personality in the ring. Battles with her massive locks of hair in place of her arms. Can slow incoming punches with her actress aura and charge her ARMS in mid-air.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I say she Turn around and dash..And probably pull her clothes down. >:3

(A/N: Ladies and gentlemen, the moment you've been waiting for is finally here. Enjoy the grand finale of this story.) Every last part of Min Min’s body begged her to make for the bathroom r

Excellent conclusion!

(A/N: The people have spoken! Honestly, I thought Twintelle would be the runaway winner, but I can roll with it. Wouldn't have made this interactive if I couldn't, after all.)

tAOKe6Ycvllz-amlAnfIJtXYnwF0P2Zy814l0vRRaUBhB5vY9NkK0UE0OcyjkHWU6Be8u3NOdsuumZy4Ke1-Xhd90DXo8t5tSLRqcZtCRrpm8JprUVMk-wKr0_LlnA0WvTDKbyPe

“Making her way out of the Western gate now is a lady as familiar with dancing in the arena as she is on stage! She’s gone all the way to the top of the music charts, and now she’s gunning to do the same in the ARMS League! You know her, you love her, put your hands together for the Airess herself, Rrrrrribbon Girl!”

The gate rose open, and out came Ribbon Girl from behind the smoke while a song from her latest album played through the speakers. The audience went nuts as the pop star walked, or rather, danced her way towards the center of the arena. She twirled and spun around, letting her long ribbon arms uncoil in the movement, retracting them only to blow kisses and wave to her fans.

She eats this up like I eat mom’s ramen, thought Min Min.

But soon enough, she reached the center where Min Min stood and the music and crowds faded away. Their eyes met for the first time, and already Min Min could sense the strength of a fighter behind the appearance of an innocent singer.

“Hi there! Min Min, right? Nice to meet you!” Ribbon Girl spoke with a happy, sincere tone.

“Er, likewise,” she replied, feeling a bit more self-conscious about her potty predicament. Can’t do that, gotta stay strong now.

“You know, I’ve actually eaten at your noodle house before. You guys make the best ramen on the planet, no joke!”

Darn straight, thought Min Min as she bowed at the compliment. “Xièxiè, but you should know the Mintendo Ramen House does more than make food.”

“Really?” The singer raised an eyebrow. “Oh, do you cater, too? I should have you guys whip something up after a concert for my whole staff. It’d probably go over amazing!”

“We don’t cater,” Min Min said bluntly, causing Ribbon Girl to frown.

“That’s a bummer.”

“Anyways, my family has been training in martial arts for as long as we’ve been cooking, and I am no exception.” She shifted into a fighting pose with her arm straight out, beckoning her opponent with her hand. It felt uncomfortable on her bladder, but she powered through it regardless. “If you would like a demonstration, I would be more than happy to prove my words.”

Rather than look intimidated, Ribbon Girl giggled and beamed. “Alright, but you should know something, too. When I first got into the ARMS League, I promised all my fans that I would give them a concert in the championship ring while wearing the belt, and I’m gonna keep that promise no matter what!”

At this, her entire demeanor changed. Ribbon Girl raised her grip-covered fists and took on a boxing stance while her friendly smile turned into a competitive grin. “You better be ready. I always give it my all whether I’m on stage or in the ring, and you’ve got a VIP ticket to one of my best performances yet!”

“Wouldn’t have it any other way.”

“Alright, we’ve heard them speak, now let’s see them fight,” interrupted the announcer. “Fighters, it’s time to take up ARMS!”

At this, both Min Min and Ribbon Girl exchanged a slight nod before turning around and walking back to their corners. The ramen bomber was quite happy to bring her legs back together as she walked, her motions a little stiffer than she would like. She had managed to not let off any hints to her desperation as far as she knew, so that was something to feel good about. However, she was well aware that the real test was about to start. Could she really focus enough to best her opponent, let alone do so without her need to pee being made obvious or worse?

There was only one way to find out. As Min Min reached her corner, an assistant of hers ran up to her while pushing along a table on wheels. Upon this table were her signature ARMS, each of them laid out with the open ends facing towards her. While she looked at them, she focused on their different traits and abilities, strengths and weaknesses, wondering which combination would lead her to victory.

Which ARMS should Min Min equip herself with, and on what hands?

Dragon: Head of a dragon, launches forward a short distance and shoots a high-temperature beam that can slightly track opponents. Medium weight, Fire elemental (Knocks down opponents when charged).

Megawatt: Large ball that travels slow but packs a wallop. Will push through any punches except for other heavy arms. Heavy weight, Electric-elemental (Temporarily disables opponent’s arms when charged).

RamRam: Circular weapon that curves around to hit opponents in the side. Not that strong, but great for catching opponents off-guard. Medium weight, Fire elemental.

(Min Min can equip a different ARM on each hand or the same ARM on both. When fully charged, her left arm becomes a dragon arm, giving that ARM a permanent charge until it is either disabled or she is knocked down.)

Edited by MasterXploder
Quick fix (see edit history)

The sleek, powerful design of the Dragon ARM immediately stuck out to Min Min. Its beam had pulled her through many a battle, and she could easily see it doing well here. Putting it on her left arm was also a no-brainer; once her dragon arm had activated, its charged blast would probably make short work of her opponent.

That just left her right arm. She eyed the Megawatt for a moment, its massive size and power making it a tempting choice. However, that size also meant a slow travel speed, and Ribbon Girl did not strike her as the sluggish type. She also thought about equipping another dragon, but that might leave her too overspecialized. If Ribbon Girl had a way to counter it, she’d be done for.

Then there was the RamRam. It lacked the raw power of the Megawatt, but it had other advantages to make up for that. Its quick speed and wide travel arc were good at catching foes off-guard, and she had set up some good combos with the Dragon in the past.

With a nod, Min Min pointed at the ARMS she wanted. Her assistant quickly picked them up and inserted them onto her grips, with a clicking noise confirming they were locked in place. She bumped them together like they were boxing gloves and snapped the Dragon’s mouth a couple times. It felt so natural to control that sometimes she would almost forget it was just an ARM and not an actual dragon’s head.

More importantly, they felt secure and ready to do some damage. “Xièxiè,” she said to her assistant, who then nodded and pushed the cart away. As they reached the gate, the soft floor behind them rose up, creating a square perimeter of trampolines around the arena.

There really is no turning back now, she thought as another pang of pressure emanated from between her legs.

As she turned around and stepped forward, Min Min saw Ribbon Girl doing the same. Though they had distance between them, she could now make out what ARMS the pop star had chosen. On her left hand appeared to be a giant party popper, and on the right looked like a massive oven mitt, except it was segmented and almost snake-like in design. Ribbon Girl looked pretty confident in her choices, going by the grin she wore. Min Min would just have to put that confidence to the test.

“Fighters,” boomed the announcer, “Have you selected your ARMS!?”

Both girls responded by raising their fists in the air.

“Excellent! Judges, take it away!”

At this, the loud male voice was replaced with a slightly calmer female person. “This match will be decided by the best two of three rounds lasting ninety-nine seconds each. To win a round, fighters must either reduce their opponent’s strength gauge to zero or have more remaining strength when the timer runs out. In the event of a tie, the victor will be decided by the judges. Please show respect for both your opponent and the ARMS League guidelines while fighting, and most important of all, no johns.”

Rub it in, why don’t you? Min Min winced again.

“Please assume your fighting stances now,” the voice concluded.

Min Min was quite happy to do so. She separated her legs just a bit and put her arms up while slightly bouncing from one foot to the other. Not only was she ready to fight, the motion helped ease some of the pain in her groin. Curiously enough, Ribbon Girl was also shifting from foot to foot in her stance. Just as eager to get this match going, Min Min assumed.

“Ready… ARMS!”

With that, the fight had officially begun. No more friendly banter, it was time to get serious. As Min Min stared down her opponent, she ran through several different ways she could open up the battle. She had to choose soon, however, because she did not feel like waiting too long, and would most likely not be given that luxury to begin with.

How should Min Min begin the battle?

(Note: Certain actions will put more strain on Min Min’s bladder than others, and may cause her to leak. This may cause a morale drop that makes her fight poorly. The odds of a leak happening will be listed next to the action, the results of which are determined through a number generator on random.org.)

>Throw a Dragon beam

>Throw a RamRam punch

>Throw a quick combo (what order?)

>Attempt a grab (⅕ Leak Chance)

>Wait for Ribbon Girl to strike first

>Other (please specify)

(A/N: Oh boy, the fun begins next part. Totally not gonna be writing this by the seat of my pants.)

Wait for her to throw a test-punch. Then quickly sidestep with a low jump and kick. This will also charge our arms as we land.

Quickly, while she's down an arm, throw a RamRam to make her jump into the air. Then seal the deal with a firecharged dragon to the face. Since the laser sticks around for a few moments, she won't be able to dodge it that easily with her air-jump.

Edited by DerivativeWings (see edit history)

We dash first before we let her attack first, and when Ribbon Girl uses either Arm, we jump and deflect it. If she uses both in quick succession, we try to dodge the popper first. We have created an opening to attack (hopefully she doesn't block), hopefully enough to use the Dragon. If not, use the RamRam's arc to inflict a little damage before we have to go on defensive.

Edited by This is Sparta (see edit history)

(A/N: Happy belated release day, hope you guys are enjoying the game! Lots of diverse posts here. I tried to get it down to the general consensus of dodging and punishing as best I could. Just a forewarning, not everything done in this fight will be completely accurate to the game's fighting. Gotta make it more entertaining since it's just text, after all.)

Min Min had to admit, those strange ARMS Ribbon Girl chose made her want to take a cautious approach. She had yet to come across anything like them in her battles, and it was always the unknown abilities that gave her trouble. That said, the pounding pulses between her legs urged her to rush in and beat her foe into submission. This called for an aggressive yet reactive approach, to let her foe throw the first punch and then swiftly punish her.

Min Min stepped forward and put her gloves up. “Come on, pop star, let’s see you put those pretty hands to work!”

“I don't normally take requests,” replied Ribbon Girl, “but I'll gladly give you a taste!”

At this, the singer put her popper glove forward. “Let’s get this party started!” The end of the popper busted open, and two stars flew forward in a spiraling motion.

Their fast speed took Min Min by surprise, but only for an instant. She dodged to the side, but Ribbon Girl was already a step ahead, and the oven mitt was already flying towards her in a curve.

Good thing she was two steps ahead. Min Min jumped straight up and threw a kick right as the mitt reached her. Her foot knocked the ARM away and propelled her through the air. She twisted her body and threw out the RamRam, the circular weapon making a spinning noise while it quickly flew over. With her arm still out of action, Ribbon Girl had no choice but to take the shot to her side.

“Ouch!” She grit her teeth and shut her eye.

“Not done yet!” Min Min yelled as she swung her left arm. The Dragon head flew forward and abruptly stopped a few yards out yards. Its mouth opened up, and a fiery laser erupted from within.

Unfortunately, Ribbon Girl had recovered by the time the laser came. She leapt into the air, the beam going through the air between her legs. It wouldn’t have mattered normally, as the beam hung around long enough to catch anyone trying to jump over it. However, Ribbon Girl never seemed to come back down, her feet dangling just above the laser.

“What the…?” Min Min thought out loud. “Ow!”

In her surprise, Min Min had neglected to keep her guard up, and she soon paid for it with a hot slap from a glove to her face, her upper body twisting away from the blow. Her cheek burned like it had caught on fire, causing her whole body to tense up.

Despite the pain, she could focus just enough to hear something else flying at her. Min Min put her ARMS together and brought up a blue shield in time for the popper’s stars to bounce off it.

“You're not the only one full of surprises, you know,” said Ribbon Girl as she seemingly hopped in mid-air.

Min Min uncrossed her arms and turned her head to spit. “I see that,” she commented while rubbing her cheek.

Ribbon Girl then dropped onto the ground, tensing up just for a moment at the landing. “If you’d like to bow out before I get serious, I would totally understand.”

“Heh, you think I’m gonna give up just because of a little rug burn?”

“No, I think you’ll give up after I do this!”

That was all the warning Min Min got. Ribbon Girl immediately jumped back, landing on the trampoline behind her. She then sprang high up into the air, her arms raised and ready to strike.

How does Min Min react?

>Jump away from Ribbon Girl (⅕ Leak Chance)

>Try and punch her out of the air

>Jump into the air and go on the offensive (¼ Leak Chance)

>Other (Please specify)

Battle Info:

Min Min's HP: 910/1000
Ribbon Girl's HP: 915/1000
Min Min's Rush Gauge: 10%
Ribbon Girl's Rush Gauge: 20%

(A/N: I'd like to ask for your comments about something else. In the previous entry, I stated the entire fight to last three rounds. However, the more I think about it, the more I realize that might be too long given that it's mostly just two girls throwing super-extendable arms at each other. Should I shorten it to just one round, or keep the length as it is with maybe a little summarizing here and there? Let me know what you guys think.)

(A/N: Sounds like you guys only want to go one round, and I agree with you. A full three rounds definitely would've been overkill.)

Instinct told Min Min to jump back and get away from whatever Ribbon Girl was planning. She clearly had the better air game and jumping straight at her could not possibly end well. But something compelled her to do so anyway, something other than the pee begging her for release.

In truth, Min Min had known about Ribbon Girl for a while now. How could she not? The singer had seemingly exploded into popularity overnight, to the point where even Min Min’s noodle shop would play her songs over the radio on occasion.

Such rapid fame baffled the ramen bomber. Min Min had been taught at a young age that true success only came from hard work and perseverance. There was no way Ribbon Girl had gotten where she was so quickly doing things the honorable way. Something had to be up, and Min Min would gladly be the one to put a stop to her plans to take the championship belt.

As such, she was more than eager to jump straight up and take Ribbon Girl head-on. She threw the dragon forward, aiming it to where Ribbon Girl was heading. Its mouth opened, and the beam shot out like before.

But it ultimately hit nothing but air. The singer instead launched herself to the side and shot straight back to the ground at a blinding speed.

“Got you now!” yelled Ribbon Girl as she threw out both arms at once, a green strip of light connecting them.

Stuck in the air and with her dragon arm still out, Min Min could not do anything but watch and yelp as the fists grabbed and yanked her straight towards her foe. Ribbon Girl swung her around like she was on a carousel before tossing her away with a giggle. She flew to the other side of the arena and smacked into the springboard, bouncing off and landing onto the ground with a thud.

“Urgh,” she groaned while she laid there, her eyes shut in pain.

“Can’t say I didn’t warn you. Nobody can top my air game!” gloated Ribbon Girl, striking a pose to the delight of her fans.

Should’ve remembered that, thought Min Min.

But just then, Min Min felt a strong pang of pressure ring from her bladder. Her eyes shot open, and she scrambled back to her feet, gritting her teeth and bouncing in place to keep the pee at bay.

No, not here, not now! Her thoughts went wild and her heart rate rose while she put almost everything she could into not wetting. Thankfully, the spike subsided shortly afterwards, leaving a strong but manageable pressure downstairs. Min Min allowed herself a sigh of respite; her underwear remained dry for the moment.

But then she remembered all the people watching her, especially her opponent. Min Min looked at Ribbon Girl, expecting some kind of mocking grin and snide remark. Instead, there was a brief frown of concern on her, like she was recalling something important herself.

Whatever she had her mind on was of no concern to Min Min. It was good that seemingly no one had noticed her plight yet, but that couldn’t last much longer. Ribbon Girl had shown her strengths, now it was time to show hers, the sooner the better.

What is Min Min’s next move?

>Charge up and let loose with the dragon

>Goad Ribbon Girl into another attack

>Jump off the springboard and let loose another punch/grab (¼ Leak Chance)

>Other (Please specify)

(Note: Min Min’s ability to prevent a leak will decrease the more often she performs risky maneuvers.)

Battle Info:

Min Min's HP: 760/1000
Min Min's Rush Charge: 15%
Ribbon Girl's HP: 915/1000
Ribbon Girl's Rush Charge: 25%