Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

The idea for the setting of this thread was inspired by a chat with @writerforce6, and they will be posting their own, different take on the core idea at some point.

I'm somewhat of a fan of SAO, but it felt to me like the games the story takes place in aren't very deep or particularly well designed, and so I've decided to take existing characters and drop them all into a different 'world first' VR MMORPG. I hope to make this an entertaining and titillating read.

Before I get to the first part proper, I will re-iterate in case anybody has missed the tags: This story will contain messing and diapers in addition to the usual omorashi fare. Turn back if you're averse to either.

-------------

CHAPTER - ONE

'Finally.'

Kirigaya Kimiko clutched the hard-copy case of Era of Survival to her chest.

A huge fantasy castle held in an endless sky dominated the box art, with the title added just above the spires near the top of box, almost an afterthought.

Now, after a lengthy beta test to work out the last of the bugs, EoS was about to go online.

It had been a few hours since Kimiko had run through the Nerve Gear's initial set-up. It was a hassle - The storage for her personal data had been wiped at the end of the beta, forcing her to do the same, frustrating questionnaire and body measuring as the original.

With an added couple of embarrassingly private questions added to the list.

'I hope Suguha didn't overhear any of that,' she thought to herself, opening the case and inserting the game chip into the neural-interface headgear before placing it on her head and laying down on her bed.

"Here goes..." She muttered, closing her eyes as her heartbeat picked up in excitement.

"Link, Start!"

-------------------------

'Kiriko' opened her eyes in a black void. As soon as she got her bearings, a series of windows popped up in front of her. They followed her movements as she looked around.

"Still as black as ever." She sighed theatrically. The interface was the only thing around her, and she felt as if she was floating.

They demanded her attention, and wouldn't let her go until she had finalized her character creation.

Starting Weapon Skills: Shortswords, Arming Swords, Longswords. Finalize? (Yes)

As if the game needed to ask! Ages before the beta had ended, Kiriko's mind was set on her starting gear and build.

Starting Armor Skills: Cloth armor, Leather armor, Light metal armor. Finalize?

Again, she input her carefully chosen choices.

Starting Body Stats --

"This is new. Back in beta, we had to log in fully to see what the game gave us."

Her eyes scanned through the list.

Strength - Average, for a female player.

Carry Weight - Similarly to her Strength value, her beginning value was normal.

Endurance - Same again...

Agility... She nearly did a double-take. "Eighty-five out of a hundred?!" Evidently, metrics had changed in the last few weeks of development!

Dexterity - One of the things she was particularly strong with - She started with the maximum base value possible. From her discussion with Argo back in beta, this seemed to be an unlikely, but not impossible result. Still, the thought of being one of the most precise players in the game made her giddy. Perhaps if she trained her strength, she could pick up Archery.

The list continued on, showing minute details as she leafed through her stats. Underneath her starting Hunger/Thirst gauge.

"Oh. So that was why..."

The devs had kept one of the more... colorful functions in the game, it seemed.

Bladder Capacity: Above Average.

Bowel Capacity: Average.

Bladder Control: Strong.

Bowel Control: Average.

The blush from the questionnaire segment returned in full force. Before, it had simply been an optional feature...

It was one that she had tested. It definitely felt like the real thing.

Shaking that from her mind, she picked out her gear and finished character creation. A blow glow enveloped Kiriko, and in a flash of light, she was placed in an unfamiliar town. Her avatar had manifested around her, and she looked down at her hands and body to see that her appearance was what she wanted.

Blue-black sleeveless tunic and lightweight cuirass protecting her modest chest? Check.

Brown fingerless gloves and studded leather bracers? Check.

Loose-fitting shorts, leather knee-pads and high boots? All clear.

A gust blew down the road, blowing her long, straight black hair out behind her as she looked up to see players spawning in for the first time. Everybody was doing much the same as her.

Hopefully, she would be able to locate one of her fellow beta testers and group up. One thing she had learned early in testing was that EoS was a PUNISHING game when played solo. Reviews of the decades-old S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games flashed through her mind as she recalled the first time she had tried to solo a kobold camp and had gotten her ass soundly whooped.

That was a mistake she wouldn't make twice.

-----

Please, tell me what you think so far. I intend to make this a long-running fic, and it will progress at a steady pace. Fetish content might be a bit lacking occasionally, but it will happen.

Am I weird for reading the main character's name and then a scene of Akatsuki from Log Horizon yelling "kimiko yuna!" (... that's probably transliterated wrong but it sounds like that to me) immediately popping into my head?

I'm definitely interested to see how you portray character interactions. I'll admit that I rather dislike messing, but the story has enough personality so far that I can't wait to see where you take it.

19 hours ago, Darksyn said:

Shaking that from her mind, she picked out her gear and finished character creation. A blow glow enveloped Kiriko, and in a flash of light, she was placed in an unfamiliar town. Her avatar had manifested around her, and she looked down at her hands and body to see that her appearance was what she wanted.

Pretty sure you meant to say "blue" here... but that was the only error I found while reading casually.

I like where this is going so far, but seeing your characterization of Kiriko has solidified my decision to have my version of this piece use the same Kiriko I used in Gun Gale Online: The Swordswoman over on FF.net. Her build, as such, is going to be a hybrid STR/AGI build, which sort of flies in the face of your Kiriko's proficiency in DEX over STR. And unlike your Kiriko, who seems to value teamwork, mine is going to be a stubborn yet smart solo player the moment she's strong enough to survive on her own. I feel like my Kiriko is probably going to be completely different from yours, but such is to be expected, as I have been refining mine for literal years (and I'm using the word literal correctly here, it's not just for emphasis/exaggeration, I really have written this character and improved her for around four years now).

That being said, I think I'm going to wait a few releases before starting my version of this story for a very distinct and necessary reason - I write my chapters to be anywhere from five to ten times longer than what you have posted here, so I need more reference material to make sure that I can follow your story's general outline as accurately as I can without having to give up my liberties as a person doing an adaptation rather than directly contributing to the source work.

By the way, that reminds me... I've been feeding you ideas for use in this story for about a week, but now that you're actually writing it... feel free to use me as a sounding board for any ideas for it that you may have which you haven't fleshed out or aren't sure about. I can help you refine your own ideas as easily as I can give you mine, you just gotta shoot me a PM.

Now then, I think I'm gonna go promote this thing over on my currently posted story thread. See you when I see you!

@writerforce6

I'm fine with as faithful or divergent your adaptation happens to end up. In fact, I'd almost prefer to see a highly divergent story written with the same basic character, plot, mechanical (And so on) ideas. After all, there has been mutual inspiration based on our discussions. Feel free to take it to as vibrantly different places as you wish!

To the rest of the readers waiting: I am about to begin writing chapter 2, and I intend to have it up by 5 PM my time (It is 2:12 PM as I write this.)

CHAPTER - TWO

Kiriko leaned back against a wooden bench and heaved a tired sigh.

Nearly an hour of searching, and she had not had much luck tracking down any familiar faces. Players in town had seemed to quickly form cliques, leaving those that did not fit with their intended play styles to fend for themselves.

'Not the safest proposition.' the raven-haired swordswoman thought, 'Even I might have trouble if I lone-wolf.'

Her thoughts were interrupted by the sounds of clashing steel, and almost in an instant, she had bounded back to her feet, and was running towards the commotion with her hand on the hilt of her spatha.

"I told you!" A confident, feminine voice called out, "I'm not giving you anything!"

As she rounded a corner, Kiriko spotted the source of the voice. A girl in a dark burgundy cloak was standing in a low stance with a bearded axe in each hand. The insistent players surrounding her looked to be a trio of teenage men in matching dark-gray leather outfits, their faces obscured by black scarves.

They looked poised to strike.

'No matter how fast she is, with her gear... This is bad.' 

Before the goons had a chance to move, Kiriko charged forward and drew her blade, putting both hands behind a thrust that ran the rearguard through. The player had a look of utter shock on his face before his avatar slumped to the floor, dead. A respawn timer hovered above the body as the nearest man turned to face her.

This was all the girl in the cloak needed, and with a loud cry, she assaulted the man that had originally taken position behind her, cutting into him with both weapons before tearing them away, causing yet more damage as the axe blades ripped through digital flesh.

The remaining goon let out a terrified yelp and rushed past a wary Kiriko, leaving her alone with the stubborn girl.

Despite her behavior leading up to that moment, the cloaked girl lost her grip on her weapons, and they clattered to the floor as she slid down to meet them, shaking from head to toe.

"Th...Thanks." She managed, pulling back her hood. Hazel eyes looked up at Kiriko in gratitude.

'Wow, she's pretty.' Kiriko observed, hesitating for a second before stepping forward and offering her hand to the girl.

"I heard fighting and came running," she explained, trying not to betray the fact she had noticed the glisten of a small puddle beneath the girl as she approached. "Those guys are serious jerks... Are you alright?"

The stranger nodded and took a deep breath, fussing with her chestnut hair to make sure the braids above her ears hadn't come undone.

"Yeah, I'll live. Thanks again, umm..." she trailed off, scratching nervously at the back of her head.

"Kiriko." 

"Ah, Kiriko-san. Really, if you didn't show up, I don't know what they would have done."

The swordswoman flipped through an inspection menu, taking a look at the other girl's gear and general stats, as well as her name. "No problem, Asuna."

"How did you...?"

"There's a menu. You access it like this," Kiriko demonstrated by gesturing down with her left hand, then pointing to a spot mid-air. "You can't see my menu, but if you do what I did, you should see 'Examine' pop up when you're looking at me. Tap that, and you can see my name, equipment, how strong I am..."

Asuna mimicked the actions she had been shown, and a smile grew across her face as she got back to her feet.

It seemed that she had yet to notice the state of her clothes.

"You, uh... Might want to take a look at your status, too." Kiriko suggested, averting her eyes from the wet patch on the cloak, as well as the newly-visible leggings beneath. "You looked pretty scared, and I think, uh..."

Curious to see what Kiriko had mentioned, she opened her personal stat page, and...

"I... Wet myself?" She squeaked, looking down at the clothing for the first time. Her face reddened almost comically.

"I won't tell anybody! Kiriko quickly announced, "That stuff was embarrassing even back in beta. I can't believe they kept it."

Asuna could only moan in despair, shaking her head as she realized that she didn't have any spares to change into.

Before Kiriko could console Asuna, the two experienced a disorienting shift in environment.

"Teleportation...?"

They were in the town square, along with nearly every player that had logged in there...

In the sky above, a huge, robed figure loomed, with two gleaming red eyes visible underneath the hood.

----

And, That's chapter two! More will be forthcoming as soon as possible... I'm really getting into writing this story!

9 hours ago, Darksyn said:

@writerforce6

I'm fine with as faithful or divergent your adaptation happens to end up. In fact, I'd almost prefer to see a highly divergent story written with the same basic character, plot, mechanical (And so on) ideas. After all, there has been mutual inspiration based on our discussions. Feel free to take it to as vibrantly different places as you wish!

To the rest of the readers waiting: I am about to begin writing chapter 2, and I intend to have it up by 5 PM my time (It is 2:12 PM as I write this.)

You want divergence? Then that's what you're gonna get, by all means. I'm bad at ripping people off anyway (even when I try to it doesn't fucking work, the story always becomes different because I let it write itself, as evidenced by Asuna's Descent), so I'll be able to write my version much easier if I make it my own.

That being said, since you'd rather see me do things my way, I'm gonna just modify an existing story chapter of mine from FFN which will set up my version to function exactly how I want it to. I'm essentially going to rip myself off for the first chapter alone (which is much easier to do than to rip someone else off, I've found). After that, I'll start writing original content - in fact, my second chapter is going to look nothing like yours did in that the first person Kiriko meets will most likely be Klein instead of Asuna. I'd prefer to save Asuna for later on simply because she canonically doesn't start her adventure until about a month into the game's runtime.

My version's first major arc post day one will more than likely mirror the first Progressive novel in some ways, although it will have major differences. I'm still trying to figure out exactly how many Progressive characters I want to include in it, given that people spawn on more than one floor, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.

I think the biggest difference between our stories is probably going to be the pairings... because I'm used to writing harems of sorts around my Kiriko incarnations, or love triangles at the very least. Thus, my Kiriko will have romantic scenes with more than just Asuna, although her response to girls' romantic advances on her is going to vary widely. Still not sure who she'll end up with by the end of it, however.

CHAPTER - THREE

Before anything more than a murmur of confusion could spread through the crowd, the ominous floating figure spoke.

"Players... Welcome, to Era of Survival." A booming male voice called out, echoing off of the buildings of the town. It drowned out all conversation, and focused all attention on the apparition.

"You have likely experienced a taste of what Aincrad has to offer." It continued, sweeping an arm across the sky theatrically, "It is a harsh world... A world that will be your home for quite some time. Some of the observant people among your number may have now realized that the 'Log out' function in your menu is inactive."

Most of the crowd moved to inspect their control menus, and there was an almost palpable sense of cold dread as nearly every player realized the gravity of what the removal of the function could be.

Kiriko double checked her own drop-down menu, and her look of concern regarding the situation deepened. Asuna stood next to her, and the quiet, startled gasp told the beta tester all she needed to know.

"This is intentional. You, dear players, are now trapped inside a virtual realm with a total of fifty-thousand players. It will remain this way... Until either the population is reduced to one thousand, or all of the world bosses have been slain, and the final boss atop the uppermost floor has been defeated.

You may be wondering how the population would decrease, if you are all unable to log out. You see... If your avatar suffers lethal injury, your Nerve Gear will emit a microwave pulse that cook your brain in an instant. A painless death, I assure you."

Panic began to surface in the crowd, but the majority stood fast despite the awful revelations.

"At this time, an automated call has been placed to your emergency contacts, warning them not to attempt to remove the Nerve Gear. If they do, you will die as if slain in EoS. There will be a grace period of two hours to allow for relocation of your comatose bodies, after which, if the battery runs dry, or the connection is broken... You will die."

"As I speak to you, others speak to a gathering of players on each inhabited floor. What you do with your time in EoS is your own choice. Aside from what I have outlined, there is no escape."

A booming laugh echoed throughout the town.

"Do as you will. The game staff will not stop you. Act how you wish to act. The only people that can stop you are your fellow players."

With those final words hanging in the air, the robed figure was enveloped in shadow, and the game world transitioned to midnight, with a moon and stars hanging in the sky.

Asuna shook Kiriko's shoulder firmly, shaking her from her dazed stupor. The murmur of the crowd became a roar, and those with more foresight had already filed out before the panic could become more dangerous.

Kiriko snapped to alertness, looking over her shoulder at the uncertain looking brunette. "We need to leave. Town might not be safe for a while."

Asuna nodded in understanding, grimacing all the while. "Do you know somewhere that might be safer?"

"Not a clue. Outside of town is risky, so we may have to take shelter in a building on the outskirts." she replied, only able to hazard a guess from her limited knowledge of the current floor.

Thankfully, it seemed Asuna was the observant sort.

"I saw a vacant house not far from the, uh... The marketplace, with the people that aren't players?"

"NPC Marketplace?" Kiriko repeated, "Sounds like a safe bet. Do you remember the way?" She recieved a nod in response.

Kiriko offered her hand. "If it's the building I think it is, I know the way. Let's get the hell out of here."

With a firm nod, Asuna grasped the raven-haired warrior's hand, and Kiriko took off with such speed that she nearly dragged the already quick axe-wielder behind her.

------

Even as Kiriko and Asuna took shelter in an empty storefront, they could hear the building panic. A few other players had chosen to leave the square before the situation grew more dire, but there were still hundreds whose shouting and arguments could be heard throughout town.

Asuna had sat herself down on the counter after the two of them had barred the door with empty weapon racks. She was just beginning to feel the clamminess that resulted from her earlier... Accident.

"This game is... Strange." She spoke up, prompting Kiriko to peer up from her inventory window.

"It's certainly not the easiest or most accessible," the more experienced player replied, "Out of curiosity, which part of the game do you mean?"

Asuna's mouth opened to speak, but the thought of discussing such private matters with a relative stranger was embarrassing at best.

Instead, she simply looked down, gesturing to the wet fabric of her leggings, feeling her face flush as Kiriko replied with an "Ah..." Of understanding.

"I have to agree with you there. It was an optional feature back in beta, and there were a few testers required for it." she explained, "The full release having it non-optional is a bit of a shock."

Asuna blinked. She swore for a second that she was able to spot the start of a blush, but it looked like Kiriko was able to force it down with great effort.

"I, uh, tested those things. Lost a bet with a friend of mine, so I had to keep logs of what happened. At least it's useful knowledge now..."

Desperate to change the subject, Kiriko's focus returned to Asuna.

"You don't seem like a tester, but you fought pretty well. If it isn't too private, why'd you pick up EoS?"

"Well," Asuna sighed, "My brother had waited for ages to buy the game, but he ended up having to head abroad for a business meeting. So... I decided to see why he was so interested. Not the best idea, in hindsight."

Kiriko sat down next to her and put a gentle hand on her shoulder.

"Well, you're in luck, at least a little. I tested this game with a few friends of mine for ages before release, so I can teach you everything you'll need to know about the game and the game mechanics."

"I wouldn't slow you down?"

"Not a chance. This isn't a game you can play solo, at least very easily. We can help each other out. I watch your back, you watch mine."

Kiriko offered her hand to the newbie. "So, how 'bout it?"

Asuna's brows knit together in thought for a few moments as she weighed her options.

'She seems trustworthy, and I guess this is the best chance I have not to end up, well... Dead.'

The frown broke, replaced by a smile as she clapped her hand together with that of her new acquaintance.

"Sounds good. It's a deal."

---

Annnd that's chapter three. It took me some time to figure out where I wanted to go with the second half, but I think it came out a lot better than I originally expected.

The next few chapters will expand upon the game mechanics that have been discussed, as well as others. I'm intending to strike a balance between illustrating the world of EoS and keeping the story going. Given that the source material has the death game continue for two years, I intend to do similar, and unlike the source material (I haven't gone through Progressive yet), I will be exploring as much as possible over the time spent in the game.

It will allow for me to look through multiple perspectives, set up romances, write battles and intrigue, give plenty of time for omorashi/messing shenanigans, and most importantly, set the story to a pace I find comfortable.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to post them.

I would prefer that those posts are more in-depth than "It's good, can't wait to read more." - I want to know why you think it's good, and are excited for more.

New content will be forthcoming soon - as, like a dwarf in Dwarf Fortress, I have been taken by a fey mood, and intend to work on a (hopeful) masterpiece.

[Era of Survival - This is a Fanfiction of the Highest Quality. It menaces with spikes of Fetish Content. In the Fanfiction is a masterful engraving of two women. The women are embracing.]

Something like that.

13 hours ago, Darksyn said:

[Era of Survival - This is a Fanfiction of the Highest Quality. It menaces with spikes of Fetish Content. In the Fanfiction is a masterful engraving of two women. The women are embracing.]

I'm sorry but what the hell is this supposed to be? I liked the actual chapter but what exactly is this excerpt trying to say? I can't tell whether you're trying to be poetic, trying to jerk yourself off, or both... but if it's both, you seem to be doing a lot better with the latter goal than the former...

I'm just giving you shit because your chapters are still too short for my tastes. Also because you praised your own work in that excerpt, which to me is the writer's equivalent of bragging about one's own intelligence. Very off putting, to say the least. Makes some people want to prove you wrong. Makes me specifically want to make my version of the story so much better than yours that they're beyond compare (which probably won't happen, I was never that much more capable a writer than you to begin with as far as I can tell, but I can dream). So I mean, I guess it's a good motivator in that respect. I've been lazy with my version so far, literally just editing my old work to match a different setting, but since I only had two chapters of that old story I chose to copy done, the time for copying is over. It's time to start actually creating new stuff.

With that in mind... I think I'll start writing as soon as my headache pills kick in.

10 hours ago, Asuna.bed.wet. said:

Really nice!

Oh shit, you're still around! I thought you were gone, I've been talking shit about your story for weeks! Well uh... this is awkward...

Let me go on record saying that in spite of what I've said about it, I still would like to see more of it if possible. I personally think that this site can never have too many SAO fics or chapters thereof.

26 minutes ago, writerforce6 said:

I'm sorry but what the hell is this supposed to be?

Truly, not enough people have played Dwarf Fortress. It's written similarly to an artifact description in said game, which has items of that sort procedurally generated, and for one to be created, a dwarf must enter a 'Fey Mood' or similar, which may change the item material and so on.

As for the bit of verbal swagger, I only jest. I'm aware that my work isn't of the utmost quality, and I consider most of what I've written as average at best... Still a far sight better than a lot of fiction with fetish content involved, but nothing technically or artistically outstanding.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

17 minutes ago, Darksyn said:

Truly, not enough people have played Dwarf Fortress. It's written similarly to an artifact description in said game, which has items of that sort procedurally generated, and for one to be created, a dwarf must enter a 'Fey Mood' or similar, which may change the item material and so on.

As for the bit of verbal swagger, I only jest. I'm aware that my work isn't of the utmost quality, and I consider most of what I've written as average at best... Still a far sight better than a lot of fiction with fetish content involved, but nothing technically or artistically outstanding.

I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Oh, so it was hidden option C: you were trying to make a reference... man, I swear to god if I made a reference and someone accused me of jerking myself off I'd rip him a new one over it. Your composure is admirable and appreciated.

Your writing is a far cry from one handed typing, that's for sure. It's not perfect, but at least your keyboard is making full use of both hands... let me go on record saying your writing so far has been comfortably above the average by internet standards. Now if we're looking at published novels selling for money, your assessment is fair, but as far as free online stories go, I think you vastly underestimate the sheer volume of really stupid fucks who write really shitty stories and then post them on the internet, especially in the field of fetish fiction in which this story resides. Now if only the chapters were longer...

What I don't get at this point is why either of us keep comparing our versions of the story to each other long after we both established that they will be totally different. Both of us keep doing it over and over... it's like we're comparing an iPhone and a drawing tablet, it makes no sense to me. And yet I still keep doing it anyway. It's the same thing that happens when I listen to Japanese music that I like, "I don't understand a goddamn word but I gotta keep listening anyway!"

By the way, one little piece of constructive criticism: your choice of bold font for Kayaba's lines was jarring as all hell, and the way you made him speak mannerism wise is completely out of character. Kayaba was an eccentric genius whose speech patterns were almost robotic in nature - he never said anything more than was necessary to convey the intended message, he didn't display emotions of any sort in his speech, and he did not use overly simplistic language. He most certainly would not say that the Nerve Gear would "cook" one's brain if their avatar died.

So yeah. That bugged me a little bit.

Does this mean that I gotta start cracking on my serious critic mode?

I mean if it does that means I'd tear my recent story to pieces and tell myself to come back in 2 months (I jest losing a 5k word one shot and trying to rewrite the entire thing hurt me especially cause I had it pieced so well together but for the life of me couldn't remember it (Tis why I'm probably gonna go with the idea of saving every 500 words written.)

Anyway, my tastes aren't as huge my usual limit of where I start getting annoyed by length is if it is less than 900 words if the quality is good I'll take it over something that is boring and drags on and on and on... However.

I can't really say much for the concept its self it's not unappealing but it isn't gripping me in either maybe because I've read to many SAO fanfics where the characters are thrust into a new game entirely so the concept just bores me now unless there is some huge twist and all.

As Writer said Kayaba's mannerisms seemed REALLY off which bugged me and got me raising my brow a bit here and there but nothing that turned me off from reading.

37 minutes ago, writerforce6 said:

Oh, so it was hidden option C: you were trying to make a reference... man, I swear to god if I made a reference and someone accused me of jerking myself off I'd rip him a new one over it. Your composure is admirable and appreciated.

I'd probably just let out an extremely annoyed sigh and tell them that it was a reference and it shouldn't be taken all too seriously.

On 6/14/2017 at 10:15 AM, Darksyn said:

In this particular case, it was not Kayaba who made the announcement. It was somebody completely different.

That's the most I can say without spoiling what lies ahead.

Honestly I probably would have enjoyed this reveal a little more if it came from within the story... but I don't like spoilers no matter how small unless I have absolutely no interest in the story being spoiled. Which is, of course, not the case here.

Also, shame that whole updating every other day thing didn't work out, isn't it? Unless you're almost done with the next chapter at the time I post this, I may actually update my version first... which is, to say the least, not what I expected going into that chapter.

7 hours ago, writerforce6 said:

Honestly I probably would have enjoyed this reveal a little more if it came from within the story... but I don't like spoilers no matter how small unless I have absolutely no interest in the story being spoiled. Which is, of course, not the case here.

Also, shame that whole updating every other day thing didn't work out, isn't it? Unless you're almost done with the next chapter at the time I post this, I may actually update my version first... which is, to say the least, not what I expected going into that chapter.

The last few days have been a lot busier than I expected.

The sixteenth happened to be my birthday, and the days immediately following were filled with assorted errands.

I intend to resume my schedule starting with a new chapter later today.