Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Messing, wetting and hygiene.

I love cooking, I love baking, I love wetting, I love messing.

See the problem here?

I wet and/or mess myself at least once a month, because that's the way I roll. But I also cook every day. After I've had my fun, I clean my clothes, take a good shower, double-wash my hands with soap and hot water, apply hand-disinfectant and let it slaughter the bacteria for some time, then I double-wash my hands again. And I still feel dirty, I don't dare touch any food. I don't work as a chef or anything, I only cook for myself, but still.

If I sleep over the night, I have no trouble cooking breakfast the next morning, but rationally that doesn't make sense, because why would sleeping make me any cleaner? Sleeping just makes me forget about the unhygienic paranoia. This, of course, only applies on dry mornings. As an actual, not-for-fun bedwetter I have chosen to use cloth diapers (because they're much cheaper and eco-friendly) but the problem is, in wet mornings I have to rinse them in a bucket of water before throwing them in the laundry. That means soaking my hands elbow-deep in water-diluted pee. I have to start the day feeling all dirty, and that's just not nice.

Does anyone else have this same problem? How do you clean yourselves to cooking-condition? Or more likely, how do you get over the dirty feeling that doesn't go away no matter how much you clean yourself?