Sign In

Pineapple on Pizza

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Absolutely yes. Pizza is great, pizza is strong. Nothing can destroy pizza. It's written in the very nature of pizza, you put whatever the Hell you want on it.   Want blue cheese? Put blue c

Absolutely not.   Discuss,,,

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
On 11/12/2017 at 6:39 PM, PPP said:

Here's my proposal:

177.jpg.ec2a049b4a5c5efcdd88fcbabc4f5b0f.jpg

Challenge accepted. :admire:

But in all honestly, it's really your own personal preference on if pineapple on pizza is yummy or not. Not hatin, just stating.

Edited by JTeam_ (see edit history)
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
On 8/17/2017 at 3:30 AM, 50000 said:

But the sauce is made out of a fruit.

True.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:14 AM, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

^Now that you mention it, nearly all of the veggies typically used as pizza toppings are technically the fruit of the plant. Tomatoes, olives, peppers(be they bell, banana, or jalapeno) all have their fruit as the part of the plant we usually eat. Mushrooms are actually fungi, but considering spores are produced from the underside of the cap and we eat the cap and stalk, we're eating the closest thing to the fruit of a mushroom. Onions are the only common Pizza veggie(unless you want to count spinach) where we eat something other than the fruit, and even then, I'm not sure Onion blooms even develop into fruit.

Granted, fruit has a much narrower meaning in culinary terms compared to botanical terms, and while I can't think of any culinary fruits that aren't botanical fruits, only a fraction of botanical fruits are considered culinary fruits, though I'm not sure there's a hard distinction, though the general rule seems to be culinary fruits have appreciable sugar content, though their are exceptions.

That is interesting. I've never thought of that.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:06 AM, dontwanna said:

pizza itself is trash food, put whatever on it

Pizza isn't trash food. You've never had a really good pizza with fresh made dough. Homemade pizza is the best.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Alex Oxford said:

Hey, so was “saying the earth was round” at one point. But I’d like think we’ve matured since then ? 

lol i dont know which religion said the earth was flat but il take your word for it
at least in 2018 we can all laugh it off instead of burning each other at the stake

1 hour ago, LucyDL said:

lol i dont know which religion said the earth was flat but il take your word for it
at least in 2018 we can all laugh it off instead of burning each other at the stake

Lol well technicallyyyy it was Galileo’s claim that the Sun rather than the Earth was the center of the solar system that was considered heresy, so I may have misspoke ?

Pineapple on pizza tho? That’s sophisticated af ?? 

Edited by Alex Oxford (see edit history)
1 hour ago, Alex Oxford said:

Lol well technicallyyyy it was Galileo’s claim that the Sun rather than the Earth was the center of the solar system that was considered heresy, so I may have misspoke ?

Pineapple on pizza tho? That’s sophisticated af ?? 

it may be sophisticated to you but to me its just tacky XD

I’m not a pineapple on pizza fan. 

BUT

1) I’m not a fan of pineapple at all, so having it in pizza makes no sense to me. 

2) where I live, pizza is very important, so it’s made with very high quality bread and sauce and cheese, so the proper way to eat t ois without any toppings at all, if you do get toppings it’s just a little bit of sausage or onion. Pineapple is a big no no because it masks the nice acidic slightly sweet sauce, the fresh mozzarella, and the delicious crispy crust.