Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

I swear to god this was supposed to be a ripoff of that one Asuna story that had the terrible English that was posted a while back! But stuff happened in the writing process, and I ended up turning it into an entirely different story that had nothing to do with the work that inspired it. The prologue is a little short, but it's full of... action, so to speak. Not of the fetish variety, however - that'll start in chapter one. The general progression of fetish content will be betwetting -> daytime wetting -> diapers -> messing.

Also, in case you missed the tag, Kirito is female in this and it's not set in the canon SAO world. The FemKirito is also going to have an original personality, but that'll just make her more interesting since normal Kirito is bland.

Finally, and I shouldn't have to mention this on an anime site, but I will just in case: this scene will highlight the pressures of upper class Japanese society. It's gonna seem unfair and drastic by American standards, but trust me, this sort of stuff is relatively normal over there. Anyway, go ahead and read if none of that bothers you.

Asuna’s Descent into Diaperhood

Prologue: Fallout

“Asuna. There’s a man I would like you to meet soon,” Yuuki Shouzou called out to his daughter from across the white clothed dinner table one chilly spring night.

Even just from that, the youngest child of the Yuuki family already knew exactly what this would be about. The mere thought of it alone disgusted her to her very core, but she couldn’t make her inner revulsion or the reason for it known. So rather than showing her disdain, the chestnut-eyed girl kept her face perfectly neutral and pretended she was unaware of what he was trying to do.

She looked up from her gold-painted porcelain plate of and made eye contact with him. She absently noted that he had yet to change out of his work suit and tie as she asked a simple, “Why?”

His brown eyes widened at the question. It was clear that he hadn’t been expecting her to say anything other than an affirmative answer. But if he was doing what she knew he was doing, than she would sooner be disowned than to go along with it. Which, given the circumstances, could be entirely possible if her family found out the reason why she planned to refuse.

“You’re already fifteen. You’re becoming a fine young woman,” he told her, his earlier surprise melting into a kind, proud smile. “You’re of the age where you need to start considering your future. It’s time to find you a suitable husband to spend your life with.”

And there it is.

Asuna had been right on the money. She had to strain herself greatly in order to keep her facial expression from showing her inner emotions, lest they make the truth clear. This “meeting with a man” would be an omiai – a meeting to set her up with a husband she’d never even met before. She didn’t want to get married at all, ever, for any reason. But the idea of getting married to a stranger was even worse!

Her older brother sitting next to her at the table had warned her this would be coming soon a few days prior. In fact, he was the one who reassured her that she had the option to refuse. She hadn’t originally thought it would have made a difference, but he’d told her that her father wouldn’t force her if she didn’t want to. Her brother, Kouichirou, knew the reason why she didn’t want to, and so he gave her the strength to face this situation head on and advocate for herself.

But that didn’t make it easy. She’d never gone against what her parents had suggested or instructed before this! It was absolutely terrifying… she looked over at her brown-haired older brother for support. He was already looking her way, smiling gently. He nodded his head, silently telling her to go ahead and say what she needed to say.

It strengthened her resolve. She turned back to her father, took a deep breath, and uttered the phrase she’d been practicing in her bedroom mirror all weekend. “I have been considering my future, father… and marriage isn’t in it.”

His smile quickly gave way as he dropped his jaw in shock. Even Asuna’s mother, whose expression always seemed dull and lifeless, did a double take at what she’d just heard. Her daughter had never even talked back to them, much less rejected any of the things they’d done for her. This was completely unprecedented.

And Yuuki Kyouko was not about to let this matter go, not after she personally selected the husband from the finest doctors in the hospital they ran. “Excuse you?”

Her daughter looked her dead in the eye, gulped, and then boldly said, “Judging by that reaction, I don’t think you misheard me. I will not get married, mother. Not this or any year.”

Kyouko balked. The nerve! To think that her daughter actually had the brazen audacity to talk to her that way! She had heard enough. The female head of the Yuuki household would not tolerate being so blatantly disrespected by her own child!

“How dare you? You have no right to say that to us!” she verbally exploded, slamming her hand down on the table and shaking all the tableware. “You are our daughter, and you will do as we say!”

Her words and actions caused her chestnut-haired daughter to flinch back and gape in fear. It looked like she wouldn’t be offering any resistance whatsoever. Good, that meant that everything would soon be as it should once again—

“Sorry to say this, mother, but it’s actually you who doesn’t have the right to say that to her,” her son retorted in his sister’s place, his steely expression not matching his jovial tone. “You see, there’s this thing in Japan called the age of consent. Ever heard of it? Once you reach a certain age, you are responsible for accepting or declining advances and marriage proposals. You know what that age is? Thirteen. And how old is Asuna? Fifteen. You have no authority here. You can’t force her.”

When he said the ages, his voice was laced with pure contempt like Kyouko had never heard from him in his entire life. He’d never addressed anyone with even a trace of disrespect before this as far as she knew. And then when he said the last sentence, he did it in a singsong voice, almost as if he were gloating about it.

Both of her children were rebelling at once over the exact same issue. And to compound her misery, as her son had oh so helpfully pointed out, she didn’t have the legal authority to do anything about it. But what she could do…

“This house has no place for a daughter who will not respect their parents’ wishes!” she shot back, her voice blazing with rage. “If she won’t do as we have instructed, she will have to find another place to live and another school to go to, because we certainly won’t be paying her tuition!”

There, it was done. Now Asuna would have no choice but to back down, and— oh. Oh, no. When Kyouko looked back at her daughter, she no longer saw the face of someone terrified of the consequences of her actions. She saw the face of someone resolved in her convictions.

The Yuuki sister spoke in a calm, measured tone, with words that cut like a katana. “I would sooner leave this family than sign away my happiness to someone I don’t love. My heart has no place for a mother who does not respect my wishes, and I will not miss you when I’m gone.”

In the span of one conversation, everything fell apart at once. Her words stung, even more so because her own husband had chosen to stay silent – he hadn’t even tried to defend her. She had been disrespected by her own son and utterly rejected by her daughter, and he didn’t so much as scold either of them. It was as if he cared about the children more than he did about her… damn it!

“Fine. You have until midnight to pack your belongings and leave. I don’t care where you go, you will not be welcome here anymore.”

After saying her piece, Kyouko stood up and made for the exit. As she walked away, her son called out to her. But not to apologize or ask her to reconsider, nothing of the sort. What he decided to say was far less eloquent than that.

“Fuck you too, mom! You can forget about me taking over the hospital, you’ve just shown me it’s not worth the effort!” he shouted despite her still being in the room.

And to add the ultimate insult to the most painful of injuries, the first thing her husband said, rather than a scolding for her son, was this: “Asuna, I’ll find you a nice place to stay until everyone’s emotions have cooled down. But this divide will take time to heal. I’m sorry that I can’t do more for you.”

It took everything the female head of house had not to break down crying as she left the room. It seemed that not a single person in her family was on her side.

Gotta say, I'm actually pleased with my execution of this scene. Yeah, I wrote a shitty thing happening, but I liked the writing itself. Aaaaaaanyway, I need to sleep. Please leave a comment telling me what you thought, and I'll catch you later!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Okay, now this chapter length is much better. The last one was way too short for my liking, but I justified it because it was a prologue. This, however, is almost four times the length of that segment

I swear to god this was supposed to be a ripoff of that one Asuna story that had the terrible English that was posted a while back! But stuff happened in the writing process, and I ended up turning it

And chapter three has arrived! This is in all likelihood the second to last chapter in this story, but once it's complete it'll be time to play with a much wider cast in the sequel! The first chapter

Posted Images

14 hours ago, Finzy said:

As someone who tends to RP a femKirito you got me even more excited at the mention of that.

I'm interested to see where you go with this for sure got me hooked so far.

You have no idea she sheer number of fanfics I've written starring a female Kirito... but most of them have no fetish content.

1 hour ago, juntaglom said:

A lot of times when reading fan fiction I feel like the "integrity" of the work is being compromised. Lucky SAO doesn't have that problem.

SAO's anime never had integrity to compromise in the first place, I will concede that. But I would argue that the novels, and in particular the Progressive reboot series, do in fact have integrity (exempting the fiery train wreck that is the Fairy Dance arc, of course). I'm compromising their integrity by writing fetish fanfiction about them whether it's good or not, but quite frankly I think my work is still better than the canon anime by a wide margin, for the sole reason that Kirito and Asuna's anime characterizations, especially in season one, were utterly butchered to the extent that they stopped being relatable and started being pure hate fuel. Also, the anime turns Klein into a punchline.

If I'm being honest, watching the anime has killed any desire I ever might have had to read the visual novels (besides, I don't really like most VNs anyway). At the time that I saw it, I thought it was "kinda okay", aside from the actually objectionable parts of ALO. Since then, I've just watched... so many things, and every new thing I watched just pushed it further down, and this was confirmed once I started listening to well-rounded anime fans. There's just no real higher thought process that watching it really encourages... GGO was a little bit better, but on the whole I enjoyed other isekai series like Log Horizon or even No Game No Life (not to mention Kono Suba and Re: Zero) quite a bit more. It's not the worst thing ever, but it is so undeserving of the immense success it had. About the only thing it kinda has going for it are some decent Asuna desktop backgrounds.

If I'm being honest, watching the anime has killed any desire I ever might have had to read the visual novels (besides, I don't really like most VNs anyway). At the time that I saw it, I thought it was "kinda okay", aside from the actually objectionable parts of ALO. Since then, I've just watched... so many things, and every new thing I watched just pushed it further down, and this was confirmed once I started listening to well-rounded anime fans. There's just no real higher thought process that watching it really encourages... GGO was a little bit better, but on the whole I enjoyed other isekai series like Log Horizon or even No Game No Life (not to mention Kono Suba and Re: Zero) quite a bit more. It's not the worst thing ever, but it is so undeserving of the immense success it had. About the only thing it kinda has going for it are some decent Asuna desktop backgrounds.

Not visual novels. Light novels. As in, books with manga style illustrations every twenty pages or so. The light novels are pretty good, in an entirely separate league from the anime. Especially SAO Progressive, the reboot of the Aincrad arc where Kirito and Asuna meet on the first floor (the first novel's first half is the inspiration for the anime's second episode).

Sorry, brain flatulence. Either way... I would be very hesitant to invest time into the light novels, since Kawahara had some degree of direct involvement with the anime (in particular the recent movie, I think). As they say, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

What I would recommend to you is to not bother with the main light novel series, but instead to try reading Progressive when you have some spare time. The original novel series had a particular format because the first volume was written for a writing contest (the first volume is the source material for episodes one, eight, nine, ten, thirteen's second half and fourteen in its entirety out of season one), but Progressive was started much later, after his writing skills had improved a great deal, and is a much better written series overall.

In fact, here's a copy of the fan translation of volume one for you, just so you don't have to go looking for it. SAO Progressive Volume One

I can back this statement me and my friends have more hatred for the anime than the average just anime viewer because of how it screwed up just really badly.

Even more so when Progressive has been great so far Manga and LN wise... We consider the anime to be just 'It exists for fan service at this point' I mean granted it provides us some good art to use for RP and etc but yeah... There's nothing really defendable about the anime other than it has some pretty catchy osts and opening/ending themes.

The only defendable thing is it suffers from the bringing first person thinking to anime makes it so the MC comes off as bland and boring. (Novel Kirito has had personality and is decisions are far more reasonable when you actually see what the hell he is thinking.)

Oh and Progressive exists to just too pretty much go back to the Airncrad stuff and make it better while also giving a far more focus on Asuna for multiple reasons 1. Make it so the relationship between Kirito and Asuna has more life to it. 2. Give Asuna rightful character development and etc that was really needed.

Maybe Progressive can do the magical and make fairy dance awful if it ever gets to that but considering they are taking it slow and easy and what they are currently only are on what Floor 3 or 4 with progressive... Be awhile until we get there.

I'm rambling but yeah I back up giving the LN's or even just the progressive Manga a chance they are actually written really well the original Airncrad novels are... Well due to circumstances they weren't released in chronological order (Writing contest and all.) So it is a matter of knowing which order to read them so it makes sense.

Fairy Dance is better novel wise but honestly still the weakest in the series... GGO/Mother Rosario are better and Alicization is a long-haul of awesomeness IMO but knowing the anime they'll fuck up Alicization.

17 hours ago, writerforce6 said:

You have no idea she sheer number of fanfics I've written starring a female Kirito... but most of them have no fetish content.

If any of them are on Fanfiction.net I've probably read them. If not I'll totally give them a read where ever they are.

Edited by Finzy (see edit history)
17 minutes ago, Finzy said:

If any of them are on Fanfiction.net I've probably read them. If not I'll totally give them a read where ever they are.

If you've read the works by the author A New Username, you've read my work. I'm the guy who did Gun Gale Online: The Swordswoman over on FFN, among other things that didn't get nearly as far. I'm essentially the guy that popularized writing female Kirito without changing the gender of any other characters - before me, everyone who genderbent Kirito also genderbent his love interests to keep the romance straight.

13 minutes ago, writerforce6 said:

If you've read the works by the author A New Username, you've read my work. I'm the guy who did Gun Gale Online: The Swordswoman over on FFN, among other things that didn't get nearly as far. I'm essentially the guy that popularized writing female Kirito without changing the gender of any other characters - before me, everyone who genderbent Kirito also genderbent his love interests to keep the romance straight.

Yep then I've totally read your stuff (As I hardly ever read any fanfics that gender bend other characters.)

Well, small world I guess.

15 minutes ago, Finzy said:

Yep then I've totally read your stuff

Well, small world I guess.

I'm not really surprised, to be honest. I'm kind of the most popular guy ever to exclusively write yuri for SAO (and also one of the only people to write SAO yuri period), so it'd be more surprising if SAO fans didn't know who I am... I'm pretty hard to ignore over there, you know? At least, when I'm releasing stuff on a consistent basis. That hasn't been happening recently... since I've mostly been writing fetish fiction of late.

17 minutes ago, writerforce6 said:

I'm not really surprised, to be honest. I'm kind of the most popular guy ever to exclusively write yuri for SAO (and also one of the only people to write SAO yuri period), so it'd be more surprising if SAO fans didn't know who I am... I'm pretty hard to ignore over there, you know? At least, when I'm releasing stuff on a consistent basis. That hasn't been happening recently... since I've mostly been writing fetish fiction of late.

Doesn't take me by surprise at all honestly either as Yuri fanfiction (Regarding SAO) dwindles to FemKirito x Sinon or Asuna (I've seen one that was X Lisbeth but it was a one shot on tumblr.) Or YuukiXAsuna and the really rare Silica or Sinon X Lisbeth.

Which actually surprises me considering the number of females SAO has you'd think Yuri would be more common... Granted once Alicization comes around...

There's just gonna be a lot of Yaoi.

23 hours ago, juntaglom said:

A lot of times when reading fan fiction I feel like the "integrity" of the work is being compromised. Lucky SAO doesn't have that problem.

It's why I'm iffy on writing omorashi stuff for existing fandoms. I kinda like to keep my fetishes separata from them.

11 hours ago, juntaglom said:

Meh, NGNL was just bad and Log Horizon was just boring.

Okay, now this chapter length is much better. The last one was way too short for my liking, but I justified it because it was a prologue. This, however, is almost four times the length of that segment. Infinitely better as far as I'm concerned.

Anyway, I'd just like to preface this chapter with two disclaimers. First off, Suguha's characterization is different than in canon on purpose due to the circumstances of this AU. You'll see what I mean when you read. Second off, I have altered the ages of several characters to suit this story's purposes, if making Asuna fifteen didn't make that obvious enough. You'll see the two more altered ages in this chapter.

Anyway, that's about it. Read on!

Asuna’s Descent into Diaperhood

Chapter One: New Home

Three soft knocks on my bedroom door alerted me to the presence of someone right outside my room. I looked over at the doorway just in time to see it open and make way for my father’s tall, slim frame. He walked in and closed the brown wooden door behind him with a soft clicking noise.

He examined the collection of three large, full duffle bags of varying pastel colors and a fourth unzipped one gathered on my bed with a pensive expression. It was clear that he didn’t really want to send me away for any length of time, but with my mother in such a state, he didn’t appear to have much of a choice. Keeping me around was only liable to cause more fighting, and my father was a man that valued peace very highly.

He walked over to an unoccupied spot on the white-sheeted bed and sat down, looking up to the side at me with a face that put his inner turmoil on full display. He spoke in the subdued tone of an exhausted, defeated man. “I’ve made some calls and arranged for you to stay with a colleague of mine for the time being. Her name is Kirigaya Midori, and she has two daughters of fourteen and fifteen years.”

I nodded, walking over to my desk and gathering the last remaining items I needed to pack – my currently closed laptop, its large, black charger, and the short white charger of my iPhone. The cellular device itself resided in my pocket, available in case I needed to text someone during the car ride. I carried my electronics back over to my bed and places them inside the last duffle bag, then zipped it up. I turned back to my father again and gave him a smile to show that I appreciated his efforts.

“Thank you, father,” I vocalized my feelings in a reserved voice. It felt a little strange to be thanking him for something this unusual, but it was better than having nowhere to go. “It’s incredibly relieving to know that I’ll have a place to stay even after I leave. I’m ready to go, if you’d be able to help me carry my bags.”

He nodded his head and got to his feet before turning around and taking a turn picking up each of the four duffle bags. I wondered what he was doing for a second, but when he picked up the red one and the white one, holding one in each hand, I understood. He had been testing their weight to make sure that he got to carry the two heaviest bags so I wouldn’t have to.

Even in spite of everything that had happened in the past hour, it seemed his inclination to dote on me hadn’t changed a bit. He had always done his best to look out for my safety, happiness and wellbeing, and tonight would be no exception.

I grabbed the remaining two duffle bags, the pale yellow in my right hand and the sea green one in my left, and we left the room, my father using the weight of the bag in his right hand to push down the door handle until it clicked open.

As I passed through the doorway, I looked back at the room I’d lived in all my life so far. The white walls, the queen-sized memory foam bed, the walk in closet, the personal bathroom, the dresser with an attached mirror… there was a good chance I might never see any of it again. And though I knew I’d miss them… if it meant being free to be with someone I truly loved, then I had no regrets.

I turned my gaze back to the hall in front of me and continued on my way, content that I made the right choice, even if it was the harder one. As we walked out to the car and packed the trunk with my bags, and even as we got in it and drove away, I didn’t look back even once more.

We backed into the space between the fencing around what appeared to be a very large, old Japanese style house in Kawagoe, Saitama at around ten-thirty at night after an hour and fifteen minutes of driving. According to my father, Midori didn’t have a husband, so it was just her and her two children in this huge place. Although that did beg the question of where the man she had those children with had gone and why they broke up…

My father turned the car off and took the keys out of the ignition before turning over to make eye contact with me. “We’re here. Before you go in, there are a few things you’ll need to know. Are you listening?”

I locked my phone and put it back in my pocket before nodding my head. He seemed to need me to pay close attention to whatever he was about to say, so I wanted to limit distractions as much as possible. Once he knew he had my full undivided attention, my father began to speak in a reserved manner.

“Okay. First of all, I will continue to pay your phone bills while you are staying here. If you need something or if anything comes up, don’t hesitate to call me or your brother,” he started, placing special emphasis on the word ‘anything.’ “Second, while you stay here, you will go to the same public high school as the family’s older daughter. Midori says she will be able to get you in on extenuating circumstances as long as you pass the entrance exam, which is coming up in a few days. Considering the prestigious school you’ve been going to, this should be no problem for you.”

I nodded in response. I’d almost forgotten that high schools had entrance exams – the middle school I’d gone to up until the end of the last school year in February also had a high school division, so if I were to continue going there, I wouldn’t have had to take one. It had been a long time since I’d had to consider entrance exams. But still, he made a good point: I’d been going to one of the top private schools in the country, and I kept up with my studies far more than I technically needed to, so this shouldn’t pose a challenge to me.

“Unlike the school you’ve been going to, this one is co-ed,” he continued, his voice betraying the slight unease he must have felt about me going to a school with boys in it. “But given your lack of desire to get married, I don’t think it will be a problem. That being said, if you at any point want to date someone you meet there, and they want to date you as well, I want you to introduce them to me first. I trust your judgment, but I need to make sure that there are no warning signs you’ve missed.”

I nodded again. Some kids would have been embarrassed or offended by a remark like that, but I knew he was just concerned for me, like he always was. I didn’t mind his protectiveness at times like these.

“One more thing before we bring your things inside,” he said, his tone becoming hesitant. He seemed to duel with some difficult thoughts for a moment before deciding to go ahead and say what was on his mind. “The younger daughter of this house has… a bit of an embarrassing problem. I’m going to respect her privacy and not tell you what it is, but I want you to promise me that if you find out, you won’t think less of her for it.”

His vagueness had made me incredibly curious about what it was, but I knew it wasn’t my business to pry, so I didn’t ask. I nodded for the third time and offered a simple, “I promise.”

He gave me a smile and a nod of his own before opening the car door and letting in the cold, early spring air. “Good. You’ve grown up to be a fine young woman, Asuna. As your father, I’m very proud. And though you’re leaving the home a little sooner than expected, even if it’s only temporary, I have no doubts that you’ll do just fine without me watching over you all the time.”

With that, my father got out of the car and shut the door behind him. I took that as a cue to open my own car door and make my own exit, and I walked around the car until I met him at the trunk. With the press of a button on his keys, it popped open, and he once again grabbed the heavier white and red duffle bags so that I wouldn’t have to. I grabbed the other two, and then he used the weight of the bag in his right hand to push the trunk back down until it closed again.

He led me to the left of the car until we reached a set of glass doors partially covered by a wooden grate-like relief. He set the bag in his right hand down and pressed the doorbell with his index finger, and I heard the automated noise sound off inside the house. For a few moments, all was silent, and I began to wonder if anyone was even awake. It was after ten o’clock on a Sunday night, after all, and the entrance exams were typically done in the morning, so at the very least, the girl my age would need to be going to sleep early so she’d be able to wake up in time to take them.

But then I heard the telltale thumping of footsteps approaching the door, probably from a stairway since they started out sounding like they were above me. And then, right after they stopped, the front door opened, revealing a young girl a little shorter than me with short, black hair in a hime cut and dark gray eyes. On her young, smooth face was a bright smile that didn’t seem to fit the situation of answering the door and finding two perfect strangers there.

Her outfit reflected that of someone ready for bed. She wore a set of red flannel pajamas with white trim, with a shirt of the button up variety, and her feet were bare. Her loose-fitting clothes did very little to hide her enviable figure – both her breasts and her bottom were bigger than mine, yet her midsection didn’t seem to suffer for it even a little. She had an amazing hourglass figure that almost seemed unfair.

Behind her, I could see a white-walled corridor, the wooden floor of which was slightly elevated from the ground by one step’s distance. On the right side, I saw a handrail bolted to the wall that led from the step to a closed wooden door. On the left, I noticed a wooden credenza desk right between the front door and an open doorway with a blue and white curtain hanging from the top. Beyond that doorway, I could see a set of stairs leading up to an upper level, with another handrail bolted to the wall that spanned its length.

“You must be the people mom called about!” the girl who answered the door jubilantly remarked, her voice somehow sounding both happy and sharp at the same time. She looked directly at me before continuing. “So then that makes you Yuuki Asuna-san. Nice to meet you, my name is Kirigaya Suguha! I hope we can get along!”

For a few seconds, I didn’t know how to react. But eventually, my mind found some words to reply with. “Y-yeah, likewise. And just Asuna is fine.”

Suguha’s smile widened as she nodded her head in response. She certainly seemed to be an energetic kid… there was almost no doubt in my mind that she was the younger sibling. Which meant that she was the one with the embarrassing problem that my father mentioned… what on earth could it possibly be? Nothing seemed to be wrong with her – in fact, she seemed to be fortunate at a glance, as far as appearances were concerned.

“Then you can call me Suguha!” she chirped in response before turning to my father and extending her hands. “Here, I’ll take the bags you’ve been carrying. You have work tomorrow, right? You need to get back home so you can get some sleep beforehand!”

He bent over and retrieved the bag he’d set down to ring the doorbell before handing them both to Suguha, placing one in each hand. She took them without any difficulty, as if their heavy weight meant nothing at all to her. I couldn’t help but wonder if she played some form of sport or otherwise got copious amounts of exercise, because she seemed to be in amazing shape in more ways than one.

“Then I’ll leave my daughter in your care,” my father replied with a smile. “She’ll have entrance exams in the morning in a few days, so don’t stay up too late, lest it become a habit that gets in the way of the testing. I’ll be off now.”

With that, he started walking back out to the car, leaving me alone to familiarize myself with my new home. Around this time, the gravity of the situation finally started to sink in for me. My life as I knew it had fundamentally changed. I would no longer see my family regularly or go to the same school. I would be living with a bunch of people I’d never even met before tonight. Even if my father was right and this was only temporary… it was still a lot to take in. It was a little scary, even…

But the girl in front of me didn’t seem to be bothered by the fact that I’d be intruding on her home in the least. In fact, she seemed to be quite pleased about it as she addressed me. “Come on in! You’ll be sharing a room with my big sister while you stay here. She’ll be at a friend’s house until Tuesday, since her friend has to administer entrance exams on Wednesday morning. That’ll give you time to get used to living here before you have to share the bed.”

I followed her into the house and waited for her to set down a bag, then shut and lock the front door behind me. After that, she picked the bag back up and led me up the stairs, then we made a left and walked through a short hallway before stopping at the second of two doors on the left side. Right before she went for the doorknob after setting down one of my bags, I decided to vocalize what was on my mind.

“Your sister’s friend is a teacher?” I asked, my voice sounding a little bit wary.

Suguha turned back over her shoulders to look me in the eyes and nodded. “Yup! In fact, he used to be big sis’ teacher for a while. But they met each other before that. They’ve been gaming buddies for years!”

After answering me, she faced forward again and opened the door, then picked up my bag again and walked in, using said bag to flip the lights on as she went. I followed in after her and took stock of the room I’d be staying in for the immediate future.

On the left, halfway between the door and the far wall, a shelving unit taller than I was housed a few books and what appeared to be the boxes for several dozen video game titles, some of which I recognized as things my friends at my old school played. Next to the shelves against the left wall was a small reddish wooden storage chest with three drawers, the bottom of which was double the size of the two on top.

In the far right corner of the room resided what appeared to be a queen-sized bed with cream-colored sheets over what appeared to be a memory foam mattress, much like what I had back home. Suguha had mentioned I’d eventually be sharing this bed with its owner, but with its size, I didn’t foresee that being a problem. There was enough room that I could easily find room even with someone else sleeping next to me. Above the bed was a short, long window with bright blue curtains which spanned both sides of the corner. Perched atop the windowsill on the right side was a potted plant with thick green leaves.

The last thing in the room and the only thing exclusively taking up the far wall was a long desk and rolling chair which housed what appeared to be a very high end desktop computer. On the floor under the desk, the computer tower looked like something straight out of a science fiction movie – it had a sleek yet sharp design which brought to mind the concept of a space battleship of some kind. Connected to the tower and resting on top of the desk were a left-handed mouse with blue lighting, a backlit keyboard lit up blue, and three whole monitors, lined up in a straight row.

Looks like the older sibling is a gamer girl… and left-handed, too.

“For the moment, let’s just set the bags over by the bed,” Suguha suggested, walking over to the bed and setting the bags she was carrying down at her feet before plopping down onto the bed. As she made contact with the bed, I noticed a quiet little noise, like something was rustling… but before I could wonder what it was, she beckoned me over. “Come sit down over here! I’m gonna call my sis and tell her you’re here.”

I nodded, walked over to the bed, set my bags down next to the ones Suguha had just deposited, and then sat down next to her on the bed. As I’d suspected, the mattress was definitely made of memory foam. I turned to face the girl whose figure I envied, finding that she was typing on the touch screen of what appeared to be an Android smartphone.

“I’ll put it on speaker so you can say hi,” she told me, not waiting for me to comment before tapping on the screen a few more times. Before I got the chance to respond, I could hear the phone ringing loud and clear, and I knew it was too late to back out.

After three rings, someone picked up with a soft clicking noise. “What’s up, Sugu?”

Though I knew the phone line must have distorted it somewhat, it struck me that the voice of the girl who picked up was very deep, not to mention naturally sharp like her sister’s. She almost sounded like a fully grown adult… but she was only fifteen, right? She sounded a lot older than she actually was…

“Hey, sis!” Suguha responded, her voice as chirpy and energetic as ever. “So you remember how I was telling you earlier that a girl your age will be staying with us for a while? She’s here now, and she’ll be staying in your room.”

For a moment, the line went dead silent. Had she not known that I’d be sharing her room with her? Would she be against the idea? If so, where would I sleep…? This was not looking good…

“… My room? And I wasn’t consulted on this because…”

Just like I thought, she didn’t know about it. This did not bode well. I had no idea what was going to happen now… I looked over at Suguha with worry etched into my features, and she just gave me a reassuring smile for a moment before proceeding to give her sister an answer.

“You know why it can’t be my room!” she countered, her voice suddenly sounding twice as sharp as it usually did. “And besides, she’s a perfect ten! Do you even really mind sharing a room with someone like that?”

Wait, what?! Did I just get rated on my appearance?! And as a perfect ten, no less?!

The voice on the other end was quick to respond, a hint of mischief in her voice. “A perfect ten, huh? You’ll have to send me a pic of that, it’s a little hard to believe as just a claim… but either way, I don’t really mind. I was just giving you shit for not telling me this before.”

At that point, it became stunningly clear that she had no idea the phone was on speaker or that I was even around. If she’d known, there was no way she’d have requested a picture of me under that pretext. But still, it looked like she didn’t mind me sharing her room with her… that was a big relief. What a load off my mind!

“That being said,” she continued, her tone changing to something more neutral, maybe with a hint of defiance. “I’m not gonna give up my bed when I get back, so if she wants it, she’ll have to share.”

I decided that this would be a prime time to make my presence known. In a calm, measured tone, I answered with, “That will be fine with me. Thank you for allowing me to stay in your room, and I’m sorry for intruding.”

Her response came immediately and very, very loudly. “Shit, you were there the whole time?! Damn, I really wish I had a reset button for the past minute and a half!”

I couldn’t help but bust into a fit of laughter at that. I couldn’t tell if she’d been serious or if she was trying to be funny, but either way, it was an incredibly amusing reaction. And it seemed that Suguha agreed with me, because even she tried and failed to stifle a bout of giggling. But then, something really strange happened – her laughter quickly died away, and her eyes appeared to glaze over for several seconds.

Before I could begin to question what had just happened to her, I heard a noise coming from downstairs. It sounded like the front door had just opened. But who would be coming in at this late hour? And even more unsettling, how did they unlock the door?

The sound seemed to snap Suguha out of her stupor, because her eyes returned to normal immediately. “Looks like I gotta go, sis. Mom just got home. See you Tuesday afternoon!”

“Okay then. See you then!”

With that, the call ended. And no sooner than when the line clicked dead did a female voice call up to the younger Kirigaya sibling from downstairs. “Suguha-chan, I’m home! Let’s get you changed for bedtime, kiddo!”

Changed for bedtime? But isn’t she already wearing her pajamas?

Apparently, whatever that really meant was not something Suguha wanted me to know about, because her face turned bright red. Right away, she shouted back a flustered, “Mom! Asuna is right here!

Around this time, I remembered what my father told me. He’d said that the younger sibling had some sort of embarrassing problem… could whatever they were just talking about be it? If that was the case, then whatever the problem was must have had something to do with clothes… since her mother used the word ‘change.’ And it must have been something that she couldn’t do on her own, since her mother seemed to need to help her with it…

Suguha turned to me and flashed me an apologetic smile with a hint of nervousness. “Sorry, I gotta go get ready for bed. I was gonna help you unpack, but it looks like I don’t have time. I’ll see you tomorrow morning, okay?”

“Okay. Good night, Suguha,” I replied, giving her an understanding smile of my own.

She nodded and got up from the bed, walking over to the door and slipping out before closing it behind her. This time, I couldn’t help but notice that same rustling sound that I’d heard when she sat down. Only this time, I not only heard it when she got up, but also heard a quieter version of it with every step she took. I still couldn’t figure out where it came from, no matter how hard I thought about it.

But somehow, I felt that it must have been related to her embarrassing problem. I couldn’t place exactly why I thought that, but it seemed to be a gut feeling. But honestly, the mystery of what this problem itself actually was… the more I learned about it, the more curious I became. I almost wanted to eavesdrop on them to see if I could figure it out, but I restrained myself. It really wasn’t any of my business, no matter how badly I wanted to know.

And besides, I needed to get ready for bed myself. It was almost eleven at night, and I needed to make sure I’d be able to wake up on time for the entrance exam. I reached over to my sea green duffle bag and unzipped it, pulling out a pair of pink fleece pajamas.

I wasted no time standing up and undressing down to my white satin underwear, setting my old clothes neatly on my bed in a folded pile and placing my phone, which had been in my pant pocket, up near the pillow. After that, I pulled on my pajama bottoms, then slid my shirt over my head and pulled it into place. Once I finished dressing myself, I grabbed the clothes I’d just been wearing and set them in the bag where my pajamas had been. However, I left it unzipped this time, since I knew I’d just be getting things out of it when I got up anyway.

Finally, I walked over to the door and flipped the lights off. I figured I needed to go to bed right away in order to make it easier to wake up and go to bed earlier tomorrow. I walked through the darkness back to the bed, pulled up the covers using the light of the moon visible through the corner window, then laid down and pulled them back over me.

As soon as my head met the pillow, the exhaustion of the day’s events began to catch up to me. Already, my eyes were starting to feel heavy. I knew I wouldn’t last very long. I could hear faint noises coming from the next room over, which I assumed must have been Suguha’s room, but they were too quiet to be able to distinguish anything.

The last thoughts that drifted through my mind before sleep consumed me was the hope that I’d be able to figure out what Suguha’s embarrassing problem was soon, if only so that the curiosity didn’t overwhelm me.

So how many people figured out that Suguha is not only wearing a diaper in this chapter, but also wet it towards the end? I'm pretty sure I made it too obvious not to figure out, but I've been wrong about that before.

I gotta sleep for now. I stayed up to write this thing again, although to a lesser degree this time. Please leave a comment telling me what you thought of this chapter, and I'll see you all later tonight when I wake up and start responding to comments!

So far so good.

Kazuto(Or is it Kazuko ah whatever.) definitely is a tomboy from the sounds of it which is perfectly befitting... Glad you avoided the cliche oh gosh I gotta sleep in a large bed with someone else so embarrassing cliche. 

Suguha won't be alone soon enough so she won't have to worry. :cool:

Double the length double the fun didn't see much wrong I actually wasn't expecting Asuna to stay with the Kirigaya's so caught me by surprise but nothing wrong with it as it throws us the obvious characters that will be showing up more often than not. 

I couldn't guess who Kazuko(Presuming.) was staying with AU and all opens up possibilities of characters I'm gonna presume Klein? But totally could be wrong and I doubt it'll play too much in the story just me being super curious and all.

10 hours ago, Night Rain said:

Will characters be able to have accidents in game?

As said above AU my friend tis obviously not taking place in the canon setting.

8 hours ago, Finzy said:

So far so good.

Kazuto(Or is it Kazuko ah whatever.) definitely is a tomboy from the sounds of it which is perfectly befitting... Glad you avoided the cliche oh gosh I gotta sleep in a large bed with someone else so embarrassing cliche. 

Suguha won't be alone soon enough so she won't have to worry. :cool:

Double the length double the fun didn't see much wrong I actually wasn't expecting Asuna to stay with the Kirigaya's so caught me by surprise but nothing wrong with it as it throws us the obvious characters that will be showing up more often than not. 

I couldn't guess who Kazuko(Presuming.) was staying with AU and all opens up possibilities of characters I'm gonna presume Klein? But totally could be wrong and I doubt it'll play too much in the story just me being super curious and all.

Actually, her name is Kimiko, not Kazuko, as you'll see when she gets her first in person appearance. Kazuko isn't even a real name in Japan as far as I know... on the other hand, Kimiko means "Empress Child" or "Child without Equal" in Japanese.

No kidding. Asuna will be joining Suguha in that regard pretty quickly. Two chapters from now, in fact... though the idea will be introduced in just one chapter.

Would you believe that in the original outline for this story, Asuna wasn't even kicked out of her house at all, much less made to stay with the Kirigaya family? Yeah, the story was originally very different than how it is now... but I like this way better, so it's all good.

Yeah, Kimiko is indeed staying with Klein. And someone else for that matter, but the other person's not gonna be introduced until a bit later. Klein, however, will be introduced on entrance exam day, which is Wednesday in the story.

I think I've glanced over your stories while looking for SAO fanfic before! I should really go back and read them.

SAO is one of a few series that I find is does far greater justice by the fans, when given only a basic sense of who the characters are, the lack of depth, the lack of exploration of the setting...

Generally, the fanfiction surpasses the original by leaps and bounds, and I feel that this is a pretty solid example, even if it is a fetish story.

I'm interested to see your take on Kirito's personality in more detail.

A mite bit off-topic, but still SAO relevant - Have you done SAO crossover fanfic before, or read any? One that really gave me an appreciation for the creativity of fandoms happens to be a Zero no Tsukaima/SAO crossover, and it has one of the deepest resultant stories and settings I've ever read.

I've also considered writing SAO fanfic here, and I think seeing a nicely written piece of work (Despite being only two parts!) has solidified my resolve to work on my own take on SAO.

One with Kirito/Asuna Yuri, no less.

Without crowding the thread too much, I would quite enjoy discussing SAO and writing in general, if you are so inclined, @writerforce6

Edited by Darksyn (see edit history)
5 hours ago, writerforce6 said:

Actually, her name is Kimiko, not Kazuko, as you'll see when she gets her first in person appearance. Kazuko isn't even a real name in Japan as far as I know... on the other hand, Kimiko means "Empress Child" or "Child without Equal" in Japanese.

No kidding. Asuna will be joining Suguha in that regard pretty quickly. Two chapters from now, in fact... though the idea will be introduced in just one chapter.

Would you believe that in the original outline for this story, Asuna wasn't even kicked out of her house at all, much less made to stay with the Kirigaya family? Yeah, the story was originally very different than how it is now... but I like this way better, so it's all good.

Yeah, Kimiko is indeed staying with Klein. And someone else for that matter, but the other person's not gonna be introduced until a bit later. Klein, however, will be introduced on entrance exam day, which is Wednesday in the story.

It actually is

From Japanese - (kazu) meaning "one" or 和 (kazu) meaning "harmony, peace"  combined with 子 (ko) meaning "child". The name can also be formed from other kanji. As for how common it is probably not all that common but just typing Kazuko in google search does bring up names such as "Kazuko Aoki." You could argue Kazuko meaning "One Child" can refer that (By a canon means she technically is an only child who just lives with her aunt and cousin. Or you could just be symbolic by One Peace or Harmony for some reason.

Other variations of the name Kazuko include "Knowledge" for Kazu and Ko meaning "Future to arrive." (Foreshadowing that can have etc.) 

There's actually 104 ways to interpret the name Kazuko but I only know that because that's what I use for Fem!Kirito and I did a crap ton of research on the varying names.

The first one makes more sense and is kinda subtle show tell for people who don't know about SAO.

You learn something new everyday : )

EDIT: Going back because I wanted to research something Reki actually in order to envision Kirito as a girl for GGO made an entire persona around his avatar and referred to it as 'Kazuko' so that was one of my main suspect reasons.

As for the Original outline which was taken from that awful post earlier being a semi-inspiration before this became your own thing that sounds interesting but I overall like what you have right now.

And guessed right ironically my only other guesses were going to be Agil or Argo (It's not said her age but she is apparently older than Kirito and Asuna? But for all, we know that's just by a year so that wouldn't make much sense in the terms of this fanfic.

Fanfiction has liberties so I can only imagine who else and I won't generally list them off, they'll be introduced at some point.

5 hours ago, Darksyn said:

I think I've glanced over your stories while looking for SAO fanfic before! I should really go back and read them.

SAO is one of a few series that I find is does far greater justice by the fans, when given only a basic sense of who the characters are, the lack of depth, the lack of exploration of the setting...

Generally, the fanfiction surpasses the original by leaps and bounds, and I feel that this is a pretty solid example, even if it is a fetish story.

I'm interested to see your take on Kirito's personality in more detail.

A mite bit off-topic, but still SAO relevant - Have you done SAO crossover fanfic before, or read any? One that really gave me an appreciation for the creativity of fandoms happens to be a Zero no Tsukaima/SAO crossover, and it has one of the deepest resultant stories and settings I've ever read.

I've also considered writing SAO fanfic here, and I think seeing a nicely written piece of work (Despite being only two parts!) has solidified my resolve to work on my own take on SAO.

One with Kirito/Asuna Yuri, no less.

Without crowding the thread too much, I would quite enjoy discussing SAO and writing in general, if you are so inclined, @writerforce6

SAO fanfiction is generally good yeah though the ones I've come to avoid our ones that put a lot of self-insert OC's in them... Those ones can be really bad with there being a few exceptions.

As for crossover fanfics I generally myself haven't gone too far into that territory I've read some F/SN one and a few KH ones along with a Naruto one years back? But personally myself I tend to keep to just reading about the characters themselves.

As for me thinking that people right the characters more interesting? Subjective there it depends on what we're comparing it to compared to Progressive I strongly disagree compare to Reki's earlier work with Airncrad I'll agree but he was much weaker writer back then.

And yeah a lot of things out do the anime in that regard.

Just going to let people know, I am still working on this, but I'm currently still trying to design the outline as I go, so it's been slow work. I'm expecting to have something ready by the end of the weekend, but I make no promises. Actually, I'll make one, albeit not related to time: next chapter's release will include something extra that I would have edited into the first post if I could.