Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

AGAINST a medic. We have a realistic setting, don't we? There is no magic, no instant healing or stuff like this. We are alone, a medic is practically useless to us. Yeah, sure, if we l

Well, 3 seems to win

... light weight steel armor. She picked it up and put it on. It was pretty heavy. She walked around in it and it weighed her down by quite a bit. This was the light?! She wondered what the heavy armor could be like. She got out of the light armor and put on the heavy armor, her legs began to shake and she felt the hard iron pull down on the chains separating her and the armor. She could bearly walk and certainly not run fast. She could barely lift her weapon but she could certainly strike down hard.

After walking around and testing the heavy armor, she put on the light steel armor. She felt a lot better about the light steel armor after trying the heavy steel armor. It offered great protection from enemies and offered a great deal of mobility. Now feeling quite comfortable, or more tolerable, about the armor she left the armor and began to plan the liberation mission. She thought about bringing some companions along with her. She wasn't sure, she preferred to do things alone simply because it meant less gets screwed up and it's easier to control.

She came to a conclusion and...

1. Went on her own

2. Brought a medic

3. Brought an archer

4. Brought a swordsman

5. Brought a unit you guys are thinking of

(You can bring multiple bearing the mind that the more people you bring means the higher the screw up chances are. Say the number and if it's a 5, specify what unit it is)

Edited by MsFortune-Take (see edit history)

AGAINST a medic.

We have a realistic setting, don't we? There is no magic, no instant healing or stuff like this.

We are alone, a medic is practically useless to us.

Yeah, sure, if we loose an arm but our enemy is dead too, the medic can save us (maybe). But well, we will be out of comission for good, so honestly, what does it matter? And how big are changes for a scenario like this?

Fieldmedics only make sense if we have a big group. If there is a proper battle a medic sure comes in handy afterwards.

But please guys, don't forget that this is not an RPG with a Priest who has several healing spells.  Or TFC with a medic healing us while we take damage. Seriously...

Either we go alone or we get some fighting company.

Edit: And do we truly want to take STEEL ARMOR to a liberation mission? A mission we do in stealth and silence? Steel Armor is heavy, guys, you don't wear steel armor unless you go into battle. Riding a horse.

And we are a woman too. I know it is politically incorrect to say, but the thought of a women in heavy armor is - well let's say unlikely. If it is a woman like Brianne of Tarth, ok. But otherwise steel armor is too heavy for a woman.

And steel armor makes us loud and clumsy

We are called "the swift" - we rely on speed. As is quite fitting for a woman, since we lack the brute strength. Most men will beat us in the pure strength department.

And then we take a heavy steel armor, that we loose every bit of speed we have?

How is this supposed to work?

I know this is a fiction story, but honestly, don't we want at least a shred of plausibility? What do we do next? Fly to our target?

Edited by wedgeantilles (see edit history)

Ok, so I didn't want to talk about your comment @wedgeantilles buuut after that edit I've changed my mind.

4 hours ago, wedgeantilles said:

But please guys, don't forget that this is not an RPG with a Priest who has several healing spells.  Or TFC with a medic healing us while we take damage. Seriously...

True but if you were to let's say get stabbed it would be nice to have someone with medical knowledge to take care of it and supply medicine in case it's needed or treat an infection in the wound

And do we truly want to take STEEL ARMOR to a liberation mission? A mission we do in stealth and silence?

There's quite a few ways of dealing with this... like taking off the armor...

but the thought of a women in heavy armor is - well let's say unlikely. If it is a woman like Brianne of Tarth, ok. But otherwise steel armor is too heavy for a woman

This is the type of sexism I'd hear from a grade school kid who still believes in cooties. Yes men are built stronger than women. No that does mean women are so weak they can't wear god damn armor. Women can wear heavy armor and carry heavy things, have you ever heard of Joan the Arc? She was a woman who wore armor and I've worn a replica of ancient Roman armor and I could move around pretty fine in it.

We are called "the swift" - we rely on speed. As is quite fitting for a woman, since we lack the brute strength. Most men will beat us in the pure strength department.

Not all women are the same, there are pretty strong women.

And then we take a heavy steel armor, that we loose every bit of speed we have?

We chose light steel armor

I know this is a fiction story, but honestly, don't we want at least a shred of plausibility? What do we do next? Fly to our target?

You're treating this like it has no plausibility what so ever seemingly purely because we're a woman carrying heavy things.

I sent two comments because for some reason I couldn't quote more than 3 times

Guys, full plate armor wasn't as heavy as people are making it out to be in here. With sufficient training, even a woman could operate fairly effectively in it provided she undergoes adequate training. The biggest problem with it in medieval times was that users would overheat after about 5-10 minutes of athletic activity, but for the sake of getting a nice story going, I think we can ignore a few aspects of realism.

My personal vote goes to archer. Ranged support from ally while we aggro everything.

13 hours ago, MsFortune-Take said:

This is the type of sexism I'd hear from a grade school kid who still believes in cooties. Yes men are built stronger than women. No that does mean women are so weak they can't wear god damn armor. Women can wear heavy armor and carry heavy things, have you ever heard of Joan the Arc? She was a woman who wore armor and I've worn a replica of ancient Roman armor and I could move around pretty fine in it.

Well, just that the Romans didn't wear steel armor.

Iron Platings became more important with the medival age in Europe, it was very expensive, very heavy and it was used while riding HORSES. Because it was HEAVY.

(Obviously you could wear it - standing around. Doing not much. Like in a ceremony. Are we doing this - nothing? Just standing around?)

Romans encountered heavy armor too, again, in the face of heavy cavalry - Cathaphracts.  (Or Clibanarii in another term.) Heavy cavalry was unknown in Europes Antics. In the middle East they were an elite fighting unit from e.g. Persian, Palmyra...  Both rider and horse were heavily armored. It was later adopted by the Romans Caesares. (A few hundred years AD) Knights came much later, I guess they were influenced by them. (But I have no idea if that is a fact or just my imagination, I didn't do any research concerning this topic.)

No one wears this kind of armor fighting on foot, walking through woods or things like that.

Next time get your facts rights before you accuse me of sexism or something like that.

And no, I have never heard of Joan the Arc.

You probably refer to Joan of Arc, but seriously, she was french. Do her some courtesy and call her by her real name: Jeanne d'Arc

She has earned it.

13 hours ago, MsFortune-Take said:

You're treating this like it has no plausibility what so ever seemingly purely because we're a woman carrying heavy things.

We are a woman described as getting her fighting strength through speed. By yourself if I am not totally mistaken.

Yeah, fast in steel armor, that fits. NOT.

Well, you don't need to bother to answer, I just tried to get a little bit of plausibility into the story. Your writing deserves that IMO, your writing is very good.

But obviously you are the author and it is your story.

I am sorry and I apologize. Won't happen again.

Well, I'm going to bring an archer and a medic since those two and going solo tied for number one, but we can't bring two AND go solo. All in favor of bringing an archer and medic, say aye.

... brought a medic in case she was injured and an archer for ranged, silent kills. After going to the barracks and finding a medic and archer to travel along with, the three were off on their way. The prison was quite far away, it was within a day's reach but it was many hours on foot.

"I hate walking", Lionarda, the archer said.

"You're an archer! What the hell do you do on the battlefield? Shoot in a chair?", Renee, the medic said.

"Well, we typically just hide and shoot, doesn't take a lot of running."

"But surely you ran around to find other hiding spots, right? Like when you get caught"

"If you suck at it, for me that's very uncommon"

(By the way, your vote doesn't matter)

"So you just find somewhere to hide and pick people off from there?"

"Pretty much. Hey, get down!", Lionarda said as she pushed Renee and Viktoria back into a forest. Viktoria's armor causes a loud bang as she hits a tree.

"What was that?", asks a driver of a carriage, by his voice he sounds Riassun. Lionarda jumps out of the forest and shoots the driver in the face. The passenger screams then jumps out and runs away. He runs down the road until Lionarda shoots him in the back of his leg. He falls down forward and crawls away. Lionarda quickly runs to him and grabs her arrow. She gets in the carriage and takes her other arrow out of the driver's head and pushes the body out.

"Come on, come on."

"Lionarda! What the hell are you doing?!", Renee asks loudly.

"Getting is a ride"

"Well you didn't have to kill them!"

"Two things, one, I only killed one, two, they're Riassuns, there's a million that could take their place!"

"Still, we don't need to kill them"

"Stop whining and get in the carriage, he'll still be dead"

Viktoria and Renee get into the carriage. Once they're in, Lionarda drives down the road, she sees the other Riassun and smiles, running him over, this angers Renee by quite a bit. After driving a while down the road, Renee breaks the silence.

"Pull over, I need to wee"

"Umm, no. We need to get to the prison as soon as we can and liberate it."

"They can wait, it's a prison not a death camp, pull over"

"But they might still kill people, there's a reason we're liberating the prison, they captured many high ranking officials. I'm not going to let them die because you're being a little baby. Hold it, you're not a little girl, you SHOULD be able to wait."

"But I really need to go, it's very unhealthy to hold in a lot of wee! It hurts the bladder and kidneys!"

Listening to this causes a slight spasm in Renee's bladder, she remembered that she never took a morning wee, there was a battle that kinda distracted her from it. She...

This is your relation with your companions, the choices you make effect your relation with your companions.

Relation

Lionarda: Neutral

Renee: Neutral

Bladder (Self explanatory, ?s mean we don't know because they never said anything)

Lionarda: ?/10

Renee: 8/10

Viktoria: 8/10

1. Made Lionarda pull over

2. Ignored the whole ordeal

3. Told Renee to hold it

4. Told Lionarda and Renee she had to wee too

5. Do ya own thang and sayz it in de comments below

Votes are in, 3 and 4 win

... decided to tell Renee that she needed to wee too but that it would be best to just hold it and wait.

"Renee, look, I have to wee just as bad as you, I never got to take my morning wee, I was sucked into a battle. But the liberation of this prison is a lot more important than our slight discomfort. It's ok, we'll be there soon."

Renee groans and looks out the side, crossing her legs. She's slightly annoyed but Lionarda is thankful Viktoria was on her side. After about 3 hours of squirming all three finally made it to the prison, or at least close to the prison. They stop and observe on a hill. Renee leaps out of the carriage.

"Guys! I can't hold it anymore! I'm about to wee my knickers! I'm going into the woods!", Renee says as she hunches forward, bobbing up and down with her hands jammed into her groin.

"What?! No! Hun, you might get caught, just hold it and wait up here, you can wee eventually!"

"No! Lionarda! I can't hold it!"

"Then wee yourself right now! Just don't go into the woods, you might get caught and blow this whole operation!"

Viktoria was just as desperate as Renee but she couldn't hold it as well. She couldn't grab herself against her light steel armor and it was pretty difficult to cross her legs, it was almost purely muscles holding it back. She figured it would be best to...

Relations

Renee: Slightly annoyed

Lionarda: Slightly pleased

Bladders

Renee: 9.5/10

Lionarda: ?/10

Viktoria: 9.5/10

1. Told Renee to hold it

2. Went to the forest and wee-ed with her

3. Watched over her as she wee-ed

4. Told her to wee right here so no one saw

5. Your own option