Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Psychology of omorashi

I enjoy pondering about and understanding the way the human brain works. I don't want to be a psychologist, neurologist or other similar professional, I just enjoy the sciences as a hobby. One of my long time conundrums is why peeing and pooping my pants releases dopamine and why seeing women pee and poop their pants turns me on. I also wonder why seeing women in diapers (especially using them) turns me on.

Has anyone else wondered these things? Has anyone done any research? Does anyone have any insight?

I have theories that evolve as I learn more about the human brain. My latest theory, based on my own personal experience, is as follows: when I was a young child, peeing my pants was taboo. If I was caught I'd get in trouble. Children test boundaries, so it was exciting to pee my pants and then try to not get caught. When I became a teenager and discovered masturbating, I would masturbate after the excitement of peeing my pants. This caused my brain to attach a sexual connotation to peeing my pants as well as seeing others (particularly attractive females) peeing their pants. The fact that it is still taboo in today's society continues the feeling of excitement when it happens, which triggers sexual arousal, which strengthens the sexual connotation when acted upon.

To further this theory, I do believe that the fact that it is taboo is the reason it is so exciting. If everyone peed their pants all the time, it would not longer be a special fetish for us and would lose the excitement. I do love peeing and pooping my pants, and I wish more than anything that my wife shared my fetishes, but if everyone else in the world did it too, it would not longer please me. 

What are your thoughts?

Reading back over this post, I am kind of embarrassed to share this info, even in this totally anonymous format, but I think it would be good for me to finally tell someone about this stuff. So whateves :P

I think it develops differently for different people, but I pretty much know exactly how it happened for me. See, my mom is pretty conservative, and she has always really hated "potty humor" in any form. When I was a kid I used to watch loads of cartoons, and she did not let me watch shows like Ed Edd and Eddy or The Grim Adventure of Billy and Mandy because she felt they were too crude. The thing is, my brain has a really weird thing about taboos that I still do not totally understand. When it is instilled in me that something is taboo, I sometimes develop a lot of anxiety around that thing. Let me give you an example (Which by the way I have never told to anyone before): My mom really hated words she deemed as "crude", like the word "butt". Whenever a character on tv said that word she would get upset. Of course, as a kid, the word was very frequently used by other kids my age, but I never used it. It wasn't just a matter of me not wanting to say it around her, I couldn't even bring myself to say it when I was totally alone. I had a mental block around the word, and, to this day, I have never once said it out loud. I know how bizarre that is. I mean, I'm an adult now. I assume I will probably say it eventually, but the thought of doing so still kinda stresses me out. Obviously, I have problems. But getting back to how this fetish developed, my mom of course did not like scenes in cartoons when characters really had to pee, and it was played up for comedic effect. I, however, found them hilarious, but there was a sort of "forbidden-ness" about it. Also, as a kid, I really wanted to be an actor. However, I was afraid that if I was an actor, I might have to do/say thing I didn't want to. What if I had to say crude jokes? What if I had to say the word "butt"? But worst of all, what if my character really had to pee? For some reason, this struck me as the most humiliating, life ruining thing that could ever happen. I developed anxiety around these fears as well. Later on, when I was like 12 or so, I started seriously fantasizing about female desperation. The thing is, my fantasies were not about girls who actually needed to pee, but rather for imaginary scenes in movies where a girl really has to pee. That's the unique thing about my fetish, it's not actually for girls who have to pee, it's for girls acting like they have to pee, whether or not it's because they actually do. I don't know if anyone else in the world has this particular fetish but me. I should also note that my fetish is exclusive, meaning it's pretty much the only thing that arouses me. 

I find this to be a really interesting topic as well. I have some ideas of why I might have this fetish, but I also suspect that it could be something more hard-wired in my brain. I had read somewhere that foot fetishists have their "wires crossed" so to speak because the place where we sense our feet in our brain is next to the place where we sense our genitals. I wonder if it's possible that my brain "senses" pee as something sexual. I remember being interested in pee as young as preschool age. Of course, it wasn't until I was about 12 that I understood the interest as sexual, but I had it nonetheless. It's kind of bizarre for me to think that other people don't find it erotic to have liquid gushing out of a sexual body part while a feeling of immense relief overcomes you. As a kid, I knew that there was something special about our genitals (why else would we keep them private) and I thought it was because of the pee that comes out of them.  I remember being very young and imagining myself peeing my pants in a class, or a boy I liked doing it, and I even remember spitting in my hand and putting it in my underwear so I could feel closer to what it would be like if I had wet pants... super weird, I know.

I was pretty shy as a kid and was never comfortable talking about my bodily functions in detail or using public bathrooms, etc. I think that this anxiety plays a part in it in a few ways. 1) Since I'm shy about admitting when I need to pee, it's sexy to me when other people are open about it, or to imagine that I'm someone who's open about it. There was a girl in my middle school who would openly talk about how badly she had to pee, grabbing her crotch, etc. and I was envious of her for being so outgoing and comfortable with herself to do something like that. I frequently liked to imagine that I was her, and that I had accidents or close calls all the time without embarrassment. Sort of a fantasy world where peeing your pants wasn't humiliating. 2) It makes the experience more enjoyable when I do have to pee. It's not exactly pleasurable to have a full bladder per se, but with this interest, I can look back on those experiences and be turned on, or I can imagine someone else in the same situation and how hot it would be. 3) I think because it is taboo and embarrassing, it makes the person who is desperate seem really vulnerable to me. This is something that attracts me in general, vulnerability.. guys talking about their feelings, being embarrassed, etc. I'm not sure exactly why this is so attractive to me but it really is. And having to pee is just another thing that sort of brings someone down to a human level. It is something that everyone has to do multiple times a day, that is taboo. I think that in a non sexual way, if someone admits that they have to pee or is desperate to go, it makes me like them more, because they are not pretending that they are so perfect they don't use the bathroom; probably especially so because I am so unlike this.

The other thing for me is the obvious connection between sexual release and peeing. The buildup of tension, followed by a pleasurable release, all centered in your genitals seems a very obvious connection to me. I find that my sexuality beyond omorashi follows similar patterns as well. *warning I'm going to talk about non-omo sex stuff for a bit* I like to prolong masturbating until I can't help but come, and I also like "torturing" my boyfriend by teasing him sexually until he gets more and more worked up, and then watching his reaction when I finally give it to him. It gives me similar feelings to when someone has to prolong peeing when their bladder's full, and the relief when they finally get to go. The language of omo also seems directly sexual; "thick stream" "gushed out" "can't wait anymore" "incredible release" "you really needed that" "moaning/sighing" "bulging bladder" "I'm going to explode".

It's interesting because before I was really a sexual person, I was interested in pants peeing, but since I became interested in sex also, I find that I gravitate more towards desperate peeing where you can see the pee coming out of them. I like the idea especially of someone having to pee outdoors, like pulling over a car to pee at the side of the road. Similarly, I would also like the idea of having sex in a public/unusual place where you could get discovered.

It really is odd when you think about the fact that most people don't experience these feelings. It's strange to me that someone could say that they have to pee, and other people aren't thinking There's an uncomfortable feeling in that person's dick/pussy and liquid is going to gush out of them and it's going to feel really good and DON'T find it to be sexual. It seems so inherently sexual to me!

On 5/5/2017 at 10:31 PM, minniemousepee said:

The other thing for me is the obvious connection between sexual release and peeing. The buildup of tension, followed by a pleasurable release, all centered in your genitals seems a very obvious connection to me.  [ . . . ]

It really is odd when you think about the fact that most people don't experience these feelings. It's strange to me that someone could say that they have to pee, and other people aren't thinking There's an uncomfortable feeling in that person's dick/pussy and liquid is going to gush out of them and it's going to feel really good and DON'T find it to be sexual. It seems so inherently sexual to me!

This exactly is something I've always thought as well, with regards to omorashi.

Though also a lot of my interest in this fetish comes from being embarrassed, being dominated, and feeling vulnerable.  And I have no explanation for why I find those things sexy.  There's probably plenty of theories out there on the psychology of BDSM that could try to explain it, though.

When I was in ~ 2nd grade all I knew about human sexuality was how babies get made.  No one told me there was an appetite or that it was delicious and fun or anything like that.  Meanwhile, I was becoming really FASCINATED with the shape of girls, down there where they were different from boys.  And at that age my most immediate sense of that body-part was "that's where you PEE from".  I didn't talk to anyone about it, I didn't want to be teased and made fun of for being a pervert who was all fascinated by the place girls pee from.  When I masturbated I thought about how girls looked, in tight jeans or in swimming suits or in their underwear, where you could see their shapes.  And eventually the prospect of a girl wetting her pants hit those same buttons, I was again thinking of those shapes and body parts.  And it's perhaps reasonable that to think of wetness in that particular place... well, you know (even if I didn't, not at that age), it all kind of fits...

I definitely agree that it's surprising more people don't make the connection between sexual release and peeing - I mean a part of the feeling for guys is the sensation of liquid flowing due to the actual release of semen. Peeing emulates that part of the overall experience, and is more intense the more desperate you are before peeing so it suggests more people should have made the connection between the two, and there ought to be more omo fans than there would seem to be... Maybe it's another social construct kinda thing - sex is taboo but also accepted behind closed doors. Peeing is taboo entirely, and it's seen as crude to even mention it, let alone enjoy it or talk about it in public.

That leads on to it being a psychological issue - anything taboo will attract certain people due to the enticement of a forbidden thing, and the curiosity which is a natural human trait. We all want to try unknown or forbidden things, since from an evolutionary basis curiosity allowed us to adapt as a species and when dominant members of a social group restrict access to territory/food/women the rest of the group has to fight for it in order to have a chance to pass on our DNA... As a more developed species we now have so many more social rules and our animal nature doesn't always take charge, but it's still there and if it catches onto a certain taboo then there you have a fetish...

For myself, I'm Ace but not sex-repulsed or anything so I don't believe it's a purely sexual thing in terms of motivations, but since the sensations are not dissimilar and I agree that desperation does make things more intense, I think a lot of people who are willing or excited to circumvent the taboo around peeing start to realise the extra sensation it gives and so start to try it more, enjoy it more, and therefore try it even more again... I discovered my interest in wetting (and messing) as a kid, long before I had any sort of sexual awareness, but through puberty I actually had less interest and only really rediscovered it at about age 20 at which point, while I definitely associate it with sex I honestly don't believe that was my main reason for that interest...

12 hours ago, KnottyBuoy said:

When I was in ~ 2nd grade all I knew about human sexuality was how babies get made.  No one told me there was an appetite or that it was delicious and fun or anything like that.  Meanwhile, I was becoming really FASCINATED with the shape of girls, down there where they were different from boys.  And at that age my most immediate sense of that body-part was "that's where you PEE from".  I didn't talk to anyone about it, I didn't want to be teased and made fun of for being a pervert who was all fascinated by the place girls pee from.  When I masturbated I thought about how girls looked, in tight jeans or in swimming suits or in their underwear, where you could see their shapes.  And eventually the prospect of a girl wetting her pants hit those same buttons, I was again thinking of those shapes and body parts.  And it's perhaps reasonable that to think of wetness in that particular place... well, you know (even if I didn't, not at that age), it all kind of fits...

I suspect this might be the crux of it for a lot of people--with limited knowledge of sex as a kid, you know that there is something taboo/special about those body parts but the most obvious connection for a kid is pee. I didn't know much about sex as a kid, but peeing was something experienced firsthand that explained the taboo of genitalia, which made peeing itself the attraction. When I first learned a bit about sex but didn't have the details in place, I even thought that you made babies by the guy peeing into the girl! I'd be curious to see if kids who have more knowledge/education about sex are less likely to have this fetish, and if a lot of it comes about from a misunderstanding of why the adult world seems so obsessed with genitalia lol.

I'm way too fascinated by this topic... imagine the strange experiments that would have to be conducted to actually research this.