Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Uncontrollable accident after a hold?

3 hours ago, Mackennamarie said:

I've been doing holds for years, but always gave up before I actually lost control, mostly due to just getting bored. Yesterday I decided to experiment in rapid desperation. I didn't think it would work, but in less than an hour I went from slightly uncomfortable to having to squirm a little bit to doing a full on potty dance while uncontrollably leaking every few seconds. Luckily I was right next to the shower and as soon as I got in, I started peeing uncontrollably and couldn't stop. It was the first time I ever lost control and it was amazing. I didn't feel pain during the process, but have had a slight, dull ache in my lower back since then.

Fast forward to a few hours after the hold. I had to go run a few errands and about twenty minutes from home I felt a slight urge to pee, but I figured it was no big deal. Ten minutes later I was squirming in my seat and felt my bladder trying to release. I managed to make it home, but when I got out of the car, it was dribbling down my leg almost the whole time it took me to walk into my apartment. When I got to the bathroom and started trying to get my pants and body suit off while doing the most frantic potty dance possible, I started spurting every two seconds. I couldn't get my pants off in time and before I knew it I was standing there peeing full-force. I was right in front of the toilet but felt like I couldn't even move. I tried stopping the flow and holding my muscles, but that only seemed to make it come out faster.

Is it normal to actually lose control like this after you've done a long hold? I've never had a real accident in my life after a young age, I have a very strong bladder. I've now been going every time I feel the urge, but I'm nervous that this will happen again when I'm st work, because sometimes I have to hold it for an hour or two when I need to go. 

Hey there!! I have done holdings before but this is coming from a guys perspective :) 

everytime I get closer to the toilet I feel my bladder gets worse and wants to release... It's like its telling you to go there and pee. 

I think you will be fine for an hour or two very max... But maybe just train your bladder a bit and try to enjoy the wetting once in a while outside of work! 

If you held it until your back hurt, you probably really stretched you bladder. Once you peed the first time your bladder was not really empty, it had to contract to its normal size first. This usually results in a desperate need to pee again fairly quickly. If you drank a lot doing the rapid desperation this compounds that issue. Plus you tired out you muscles with the hold. So I am very surprised you lasted a few hours before being desperate. No wonder you wet your pants.

I would not worry about it yet. Doing holds until you wet , and enjoying it can lead to some incontinence.  I had issues with leaking, and one wetting just like yours. Cutting back on the holding and doing Kegels excercises fix that though.

If I hold to the extent that I wet myself I do find that I am somewhat incontinent for the rest of the day. If I do it two or three times over a weekend then it can take a day or two to get back to normal bladder control. I therefore now only hold once in a while, just to avoid embarrassing accidents and in case it might do any lasting harm. 

I had a hold it contest with my friend a few months ago. We drank a glass of water every 15 minutes until one of us had an accident. I ended up wetting first but she was only a minute behind me in soaking her grey yoga pants. We both had to pee REALLY badly every 20 minutes after that because of all the water we drank over that 1.5 hours and we both had some near misses. We decided we'd have another one soon, but we have to be prepared in case we had another accident after the contest was over.

Yes, it's happened to me. Did a rapid desperation hold using diapers, and just allowed myself to constantly freely pee in them for hours. Took them off for the final hold, swapped into jeans, and finally had my real accident after 6 or so hours of free peeing. 

After I cleaned up, I put another diaper back on, and had a second, uncontrolled accident about 45 minutes later. Same thing. Sudden, intense build up, and complete loss of control. 

It was scary, but also somehow hotter than the first accident. I think because the first one was expected and planned, while the second one wasn't. It was even more of a genuine accident than the first one, a a total surprise. 

That was it though. Within an hour of that, I was back to normal. I did get some sudden urges, but I was completely back in control again, and could hold on. 

As others said, I think it just takes a bit of time for your bladder to calm down, and your muscles to get back to normal. I had no long term effects 

I remember a similar situation some years ago. Just having completed a full day's 24-hours hold that had caused some self addicted trouble and bladder spasms in the end, one hour later I noticed a sudden protest from down there. While I was expecting a delayed surge it proved to end in a big uncontollable spurt in my pants. A rebound effect I never ever had to face again though I still stand and enjoy 24 hours holds.

• 5 years later...

I think this is pretty common. Usually if I do a big hold I'll have a few leaks or even an accident the next day, and after doing rapid desperation yesterday I was basically incontinent for much of today. I leaked upon waking up, was losing small spurts and dribbles throughout my morning run, had an accident in the afternoon and had  little dribbles on the way to the toilet a few times this evening. To put it in perspective, I'm a woman with overactive bladder, but usually I only leak maybe twice a week. Next time I do rapid desperation, I'll probably just wear a diaper the next day so I can go whenever I need and give my bladder a break lol. But yeah, incontinence after holding is totally normal, just don't hold till you're in pain or drink huge amounts and if your continence doesn't return in a day or two maybe don't push it so far next time.

I've had this with my previous gf, we'd have omo fun and we'd let it all out, and I'd drive her back home. But after dropping her off, I'd stop in inside and we'd do round 2 because we'd both get desperate again, it's like the pee didn't finishing processing there was still a lot more left lol.

5 hours ago, John said:

I've had this with my previous gf, we'd have omo fun and we'd let it all out, and I'd drive her back home. But after dropping her off, I'd stop in inside and we'd do round 2 because we'd both get desperate again, it's like the pee didn't finishing processing there was still a lot more left lol.

Especially if you're drinking a lot of water, your kidneys will keep processing it pretty fast and you'll be desperate again soon. I had two more accidents within 2 hours after my rapid desperation hold because  the whole purpose of it is to get your kidneys working overtime

Just now, Wetlifter37 said:

Especially if you're drinking a lot of water, your kidneys will keep processing it pretty fast and you'll be desperate again soon. I had two more accidents within 2 hours after my rapid desperation hold because  the whole purpose of it is to get your kidneys working overtime

after the initial accident that is!