Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is omorashi really that uncommon as a fetish?

Saw this article and expected to at least see "watersports" listed, but was surprised to not see anything even close. Somehow being turned on by lightning (number 9) and furries are more common than even "watersports" in general. Maybe the article just sucks, but the omission was still surprising. 
Are watersports (and omorashi) really that outside of the mainstream?

http://www.askmen.com/dating/vanessa/25_love_secrets.html?utm_source=email&utm_campaign=amafterdark&utm_medium=image

Watersports is common, what makes omorashi different is that it's more specific. When you compare this to say furries I feel it's very different. For one furries view it as part of their identity and two it's something that doesn't have to be sexual. Omo is a thing that turns me on, but that's pretty much where I stand on it.

I would guess that the amount of people who like some form of water sports, eg golden showers, is quite large. It's at least large enough for almost every adult to understand what the term water sports means, where perhaps the term omorashi isn't. 

(Even im not 100% sure of the actual definition. I believe it relates mainly to enjoying holding and desperation. I enjoy that a lot, but I'm more a wetting type of guy.)

But I'd be interested to know if the larger community who enjoy stuff like golden showers wouldn't also get turned on by desperation or accidental wetting. 

If someone who had an interest in being peed on, or peeing on others, suddenly was faced with the sight of a cute stranger desperate to pee in public, or wetting themselves in public, would it turn them on?

If you interviewed them anonymously, they would readily admit to enjoying golden shower play, but they may not even consider the omo side of it unless they experienced it, thus, it wouldn't rate a mention. 

For example, I always had a thing for wetting myself as I grew up, but diapers weren't really considered until I got a lot older. I wore them as a childhood bed wetter, and was glad to stop around 10 years old. Sometimes I'd secretly miss the comfort of wearing them, but not in a sexual way. But I continued to enjoy wetting my pants. 

As I grew up, and the internet became available, allowing me to explore my fetish, I discovered that there was a whole community of adult babies and diaper lovers out there. That was when I started forming more of a desire to wear for fetish play, instead of just missing the security aspect of it. 

If I hadn't seen other people doing it, I may not ever have made the connection. 

Thats how I think about the discrepancy between the people who enjoy water sports compared to the omo/wetting/AB/DL community. 

My Take on it......it is common as a cup of tea........but not as omorashi...when I say  'it'   I mean a girl wetting her knickers.    Nearly every g/f I have had has told a story of her wetting her panties sometime, or her best friend, or schoolmate.   (70 odd relationships)   that's a lot of wettings.......but only some of them turned into an enjoyable act that could be described as a 'fetish' that helps them 'get off' or as a mild 'kink' that makes them feel mildly turned on or 'naughty'...mostly it was just something that happened either once or twice or several times.......but it happens a lot.....hence so many people on here.

I have given a lot of thought to this question. Because it is so taboo, it is very hard to get an idea of exactly how common it is. I don't even have an idea of how many people are aware of omorashi as a fetish. I have only seen it referenced outside of the fetish world a few times. There was a Phillip Defranco called something like "best friends watching weird fetish videos" where one of the videos was a omorashi vid (just wetting, no desp). This was not so unusual, but the thing that shocked me was that two of the girls in the video had already heard of omorashi. I had no idea that normal people who were not personally into the fetish would just casually know about it. Also, there is a sex education youtube channel called sexplanation, which recently had a video about urination, and briefly referenced omorashi. 

I do have a suspicion that there are plenty of people who are turned on by pee desperation but have never given it much thought. On a lot of desp videos on youtube, I see comments by people who obviously stumbled upon the video by accident saying something along the lines of, "why am I turned on by this?" I've also seen a few posts online in message boards or on yahoo answers by girls asking if it was normal to feel aroused when they have a full bladder. I mean, there is obviously something inherently sexual about pee desperation. Pee comes from your genitalia, it's humiliating/taboo, there's the infantilization aspect, losing control over your body, it has a lot going for it. So yeah, I might just be a conspiracy theorist, but I think there are a lot more would be omo fans out there who are either simply not aware of it, or are too ashamed by it. In any case, I just wish I could get an idea of how common it is to even know about omorashi. Most people have heard of pee fetishes in general, but I wonder how many know about this specific category. 

As a child, I knew several others who wet themselves, and I've come across people in their early twenties who were into it, but a bit cagey about doing more than pass occasional comments. Once past the mid-twenties, nothing and nobody. This forum has several members who are well past their twenties, including me, so clearly some people do keep it up. I suspect it is a more common fetish than anyone likes admit. I certainly wouldn't, unless I wanted to share a wet bed with the inquirer.

May I ask Dunney where you live....not specifically, but is it a hot place?.......I ask this because I have lived in several 'hot' places, where things like panties etc dry in no time at all,  I found many more young girls there that were wetting regularly and of course I found this out through the older girls who had told me that often this fetish started because as a child they were out playing, didn't want to traipse a long way home just for a pee, so wet their panties and kept on doing it.......into adulthood........in a colder place they would have been forced to find somewhere and take off layers of clothes then pull down panties etc.......But if it is hot and sunny with a warm wind blowing......legs, panties, shorts dry very quickly, which is why they would pee through them rather than pull them down.....I did ask that question......and one girl said that in her teens she did start to feel a bit 'babyish' peeing through her panties down her legs...but it was so convenient, walking from school, to or from the beach, out with friends....she said all her friends did it?? (mid teens)     So I think there are more fans of Wetting or desp in hot countries than cold places.   

I,m drinking wine here and thinking  Jeffery has got to be a psychology student??   and I,m also thinking that hey Jeff...I,m also an unrepentant lolicon lover....But part of you discourse covered that time when we start to recognise that sex and genitals are taboo ??most girls also go through that 'body hate' time when nasty hair starts to grow everywhere, and those horrible periods ensure (sometimes with a lot of real pain) and so even if a fetish had started to flourish, perhaps it is  sometimes quashed by all the other stuff going on.......I suspect it really helps in developing your fetish if you have an easy life. 

15 hours ago, WetG/F said:

May I ask Dunney where you live....not specifically, but is it a hot place?.......I ask this because I have lived in several 'hot' places, where things like panties etc dry in no time at all,  I found many more young girls there that were wetting regularly and of course I found this out through the older girls who had told me that often this fetish started because as a child they were out playing, didn't want to traipse a long way home just for a pee, so wet their panties and kept on doing it.......into adulthood........in a colder place they would have been forced to find somewhere and take off layers of clothes then pull down panties etc.......But if it is hot and sunny with a warm wind blowing......legs, panties, shorts dry very quickly, which is why they would pee through them rather than pull them down.....I did ask that question......and one girl said that in her teens she did start to feel a bit 'babyish' peeing through her panties down her legs...but it was so convenient, walking from school, to or from the beach, out with friends....she said all her friends did it?? (mid teens)     So I think there are more fans of Wetting or desp in hot countries than cold places.   

You're probably right, WetG/F, though I note that Snuppa lives in Norway.  I live in a mild temperate climate. Drying shorts etc. don't get all that cold, though there are parts of the country where I'd think twice about wetting outside.

My take on it is that omorashi is extremely rare in the grand scheme of things.

For example I was once listening to two friends list ll the sexual fetishes they knew, we had a list of like 40, but nothing pee related, not even golden showers or water sports, let alone omorashi.

There may be a decent number of people turned on by desperation, though it may be more connected to BDSM.

There may be some people turned on by wetting, though it may still not be omorashi.

I like to think there's a lot more people out there who are into this than like to admit it... I reckon any fetish is going to be relatively rare in the grand scheme of things, and Omorashi comes up against two separate general taboos - firstly sex is a taboo topic, and fetishes in particular, so even for those who enjoy Omo as a non-sexual thing (I know of a few people on this forum who do) most people wouldn't make that distinction. Secondly there's the general taboo over peeing & pooping - most people tend to be brought up to think of the toilet as a very private place, and to think of our bodily functions as necessary but disgusting and nothing more. So most people, on finding they enjoy wetting, are going to be disgusted at themselves and seek to block that out rather than embrace it or learn more. Also, growing up most parents will treat wetting yourself as a bad thing, whether they get angry and punish kids to teach them not to do it again, or even if they're cool about it but treat it as a shameful thing to sneak away and don't let anyone see, it programs us to dislike wetting and to hide it from others.

I think that because of this, a LOT more people might be interested in the Omo fetish than would ever admit it, with the taboo element both sparking people's interest in that part of the human brain that enjoys doing something naughty because it's naughty, but also meaning that fewer people would ever admit to it because their brain is hard-wired to think of it as wrong. Those of us who've come to accept it have got past that taboo, but I bet there's more of us out there...

I,m really going to have to think about this one again........but I maintain that the 'hot countries' thing holds true, because of my experiences with girls in Cyprus and the South of France.    I admit that most of my wetting girlfriends did it in UK or Western Europe and mostly in summer.......a few brave souls did it when it was colder.............a couple of them even told me that they got into wetting because of rain, anyone who knows UK will be familiar with cool/cold rainy summers......but they wet because they could do it under skirts and let it run down their legs and with the ground being wet, their additional puddle would not show, especially if they kept moving.     Yes that kind of thing does usually start with younger girls.......but one of them did tell me she started wetting her panties as a 'toilet shy' young teen......or at least old enough to know that she shouldn,t wet her panties at that age, but told me that she learned to do it, stood waiting for someone or a bus or something...she was desperate but realised that she could just keep her legs together and pee slowly........the ground was wet and it was raining.....only someone watching her closely and actually looking out for the pee that was moving down the inside of her closed legs.  I can attest that it is almost impossible to spot even when you are looking for it.   Jeffery  I think we are all 'pocket' psychologists on Omo, because we are all looking for the 'whys' and 'wherefores' to help us spot wettings & Desp. more often and easily.

I know all about seeing it as taboo... For years I saw it as something inherently horrible (and still would really hate for anyone, including myself, to ever wet themselves against their will or get close to it), and would be disgusted at myself whenever I was done fantasizing about it. I'd try to find ways to "kill" that side of me, though I later found out that it is impossible unless you get castrated. It took over ten years before I started requesting stories online, but after doing some research and seeking reassurance from guys at fimfiction.net, I was finally able to embrace it, and speak of it or write stories about it online, though sometimes I still felt a little bad about the stories I wrote, and do so only under separate names from my main accounts.

So, that being said, there's probably a lot of people who are into it but don't want to admit it.

Don't want to admit it??   do we include them in the (many in my experience) girls who will wet as part of the sex act or in the lead up to it, but would never dream of peeing in their panties or in bed at any other time??  They just see it as part of  sex...........are they secretly  'into it'.....they would never admit to it I,m sure.

There's a definite link to BDSM culture as well. Some people get off by being dominated, controlled, and punished. 

These folk may not exactly be into pee play per-se, but would love the idea of being controlled, of being denied bathroom breaks and the like which result in them "accidentally" wetting themselves and being punished for it. They may not actually see the act of wetting as a sexual act in itself, but really enjoy the domination, shame, humiliation and resulting spanking or punishment associated with it. 

Outside of the privacy of their bedroom and their sex life, they wouldn't dream of wetting themselves, but if their Dom wanted to do it as part of their playtime, it would suddenly become an attractive prospect.