Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Anyone have any memories of their potty training days?

So, this thought just randomly struck me. I can remember events pretty well from when I was five onwards. However, my memory of my days of potty training are very vague, brief flashes at best. Does anyone here actually recall in a fair amount of detail any memories from those days? 

7 hours ago, Flower said:

Not really but I remember my little yellow and blue potty chair that could also be used as a regular child's chair as well. I had a little box of toys that lived in the bathroom and I only got to play with them when I was on the potty

Huh, neat

I actually have a distinct memory of my mom putting some kind of absorbant pad into my underwear on one specific occasion while I was presumably potty-training, but memories are weird and so it's actually gotten a little muddled. I would have been potty training in one house, but in my memory, it's the master bathroom of the house we moved into when I was 6 or 7. But the view out the window was the previous house. I *may* have still been wearing some kind of diaper at that point, but only at my grandmother's house and only at night.

I also remember a couple of accidents I had shortly after potty-training.

I remember being in a playpen wearing a diaper and telling my mother I needed to be changed. I was probably a few months past 2 when in this memory. I remember another time, and I know I was 2 because I had a little sister, and I was diapered and got hurt. I remember a few accidents shortly before and after I turned 4. Then by the time I was 5 my "accidents" weren't really accidents.

4 hours ago, thiswasnty said:

I actually have a distinct memory of my mom putting some kind of absorbant pad into my underwear on one specific occasion while I was presumably potty-training, but memories are weird and so it's actually gotten a little muddled. I would have been potty training in one house, but in my memory, it's the master bathroom of the house we moved into when I was 6 or 7. But the view out the window was the previous house. I *may* have still been wearing some kind of diaper at that point, but only at my grandmother's house and only at night.

Which, accident wise, is pretty common for most young kids

2 hours ago, scinosensation said:

I remember being in a playpen wearing a diaper and telling my mother I needed to be changed. I was probably a few months past 2 when in this memory. I remember another time, and I know I was 2 because I had a little sister, and I was diapered and got hurt. I remember a few accidents shortly before and after I turned 4. Then by the time I was 5 my "accidents" weren't really accidents.

¨Then by the time I was 5 my "accidents" weren't really accidents.¨ Same here

I have one memory of being probably a bit after 2 years old. I was in a living room with various toys while wearing a nappy, and telling my mum who had just walked through the door that I needed changing. I think it must have been the first house I lived in because we moved from it just before I was 3, and I don't recall the environment very well. Not sure why its always been with me but its fairly distinct and is one of the earliest memories of my life.

Aside from that I have no memories of toilet training. I know a few things such as the fact I had a few problems staying dry shortly after being trained but this was still before the age of 4 and probably not entirely out of the ordinary. But no other actual distinct memories apart from the one mentioned above.

On 18/04/2017 at 4:27 PM, Spurgle said:

Nope and it's unlikely anyone actually will, as I understand it our brains forget such early and largely irrelevant memories to make room for more recent and relevant ones. 

I think some early childhood memories could be amalgamations of multiple things joined together, or even placebo memories. I read somewhere that there is a potential for other people's memories or incidents that you witnessed to become intwined into your own narrative and some very early memories could actually be constructed out of things you saw happen to others. I'm not really very knowledgeable in this area so I don't know if its true, but its an interesting thought and might explain those strange inconsistencies in environment like thiswasnty mentioned.

Edit: Formatting

Edited by Dune1001 (see edit history)
5 hours ago, Dune1001 said:

I have one memory of being probably a bit after 2 years old. I was in a living room with various toys while wearing a nappy, and telling my mum who had just walked through the door that I needed changing. I think it must have been the first house I lived in because we moved from it just before I was 3, and I don't recall the environment very well. Not sure why its always been with me but its fairly distinct and is one of the earliest memories of my life.

Aside from that I have no memories of toilet training. I know a few things such as the fact I had a few problems staying dry shortly after being trained but this was still before the age of 4 and probably not entirely out of the ordinary. But no other actual distinct memories apart from the one mentioned above.

I think some early childhood memories could be amalgamations of multiple things joined together, or even placebo memories. I read somewhere that there is a potential for other people's memories or incidents that you witnessed to become intwined into your own narrative and some very early memories could actually be constructed out of things you saw happen to others. I'm not really very knowledgeable in this area so I don't know if its true, but its an interesting thought and might explain those strange inconsistencies in environment like thiswasnty mentioned.

Edit: Formatting

Huh, that's pretty interesting.

On 4/19/2017 at 9:13 AM, thiswasnty said:

I have this vague memory of being like, three or so, running to the potty, sitting on it, and pooping, but having forgotten to take my diaper off

• 2 weeks later...

I don't remember my potty training the my Mom said I didn't show much interest in until I was a bit older and usual but I''m not sure how much.

My very earliest memory of anything to do with omorashi or pee related interest in general is when I was three or four was probably either pre-potty training or during a not successful period since I was wearing a diaper. I was in bed and needed to pee. For some reason I got out of bed and went over to the wall where a nightlight was plugged into the socket. I squatted down to bring my front more into the light and bent over to watch as I wet the diaper. I have a very clear memory of watching the wet spot grow on the front of the diaper in the light from my nightlight. I don't remember having any thought process it was just something I got up and did.

I remember a little bit from what my parents have told me. 

1) I remember I would get toys if I had a streak of using the potty as an incentive

2) i don't remember exactly what age I was out of diapers, but i remember that there were two times I relapsed into accidents, promptly omg diapers to be necessary the two times my mom went away in business trips. 

Thats all. 

Guest FurryPants

I remember a couple of little things, I remember at about 3 taking my diaper off at bed time when I wasn't suppose to and my brother shouting for my mum trying to get me in trouble for it. 

I also remember weeing on my dad while he gave me a piggyback ride at around the same age, I assume I was out of the diapers as I could be trusted to hold it at day it must have just been a one off lol. 

11 hours ago, FurryPants said:

I remember a couple of little things, I remember at about 3 taking my diaper off at bed time when I wasn't suppose to and my brother shouting for my mum trying to get me in trouble for it. 

I also remember weeing on my dad while he gave me a piggyback ride at around the same age, I assume I was out of the diapers as I could be trusted to hold it at day it must have just been a one off lol. 

Did you get in trouble for taking it off?

I don't specifically have any memory of my actual potty training. 

I do remember dad made a little carpet covered step which stayed beside the toilet for me to either stand on, or rest my feet on while I sat down. 

I also remember vaguely having other people wipe my bottom after doing a poo in the toilet. I'm guessing I was probably about 4 when that happened. The last time was having my aunt doing it while I was at her place, and I think I was fairly uncomfortable about it, and started wiping myself from then on. 

My earliest pee memory, is one I've mentioned before. Being at the beach aged about 5 or 6, and asking dad to take me to the toilet for a wee. He told me to go in the water and pee in my Speedo or underpants that I was wearing, but I didn't want to, and complained. He took me by the hand down to the water, and as soon as the waves washed over my feet, I lost control and wet myself. I got upset, but him and mum laughed it off, and told me it was okay. After that, I made an effort to pee in my swimsuit as often as I could, and that carried on to playing in my backyard at home for years, whenever I was in the pool or playing under the hose. 

I also remember from that day at the beach, that when we left, mum put me in a diaper for the drive home, as I was a bed wetter, and wore protection to bed. I fell asleep on the drive home, and was wet when we got back. 

So my earliest memories are very vague, and around 5/6, well after potty training. I believe I was reasonably well trained and daytime dry at about three and a half or so. I definitely didn't wear day nappies at 4. 

I don't personally remember anything, but my mom told me once how we would sit there for hours and I wouldn't do anything, and then the second we'd get up for a break I would piss all over the floor.

See I was into holding even as a baby :tongue:

Yeah I remember that one time I was playing with three friends, I was just potty trained but didn't want to use the potty anymore, I wanted to use the big boy toilet, and we all had to pee. We went inside my friend's house, which had only two bathrooms, and they claimed both of them. As I stood there, desperately waiting for one, his dad told me that I could always use the potty of my friend. Of course, silly me, I refused thinking that I would make it.

When, after five minutes of torture, my friend hopped out the bathroom and thought it'd be funny if she'd tickle me. I begged her to stop, but I just could not take anymore and I went right there and then. 

Barry! You reminded me of my little steps that my grandad made me. He was a Carpenter and made me a little two step up thing with carpet on the top and flower transfers on the side so I could get on and off the toilet at grandma and grandads house. I liked it so much that he made a second one for me to have at my house. They were very sturdy useful little steps and we kept them and were in use until I was well into my teens until one broke. 

• 3 weeks later...

I always think it's strange when people have no memories of being that young. I don't my memory is any better than average, but I can recall some events from age 3 onward pretty much. Some of them were a big deal (holidays, last day of pre-school, first pet died etc.) that make sense to remember. Other memories are just extremely vivid recollections of a random day.

When I'm talking with someone and they mention they have almost no memories before the age of 10 it really weirds me out. I don't know if it's me or the other person who is "weird" but just thinking about such a huge gap in cognition compared to my own experience puts me in a really weird headspace. It feels like derealization or depersonalization. I usually avoid talking with people about being a kid/memories from being a kid to avoid this feeling. OK I guess I am the weird one. ANYWAY back on topic:

I actually don't have specific memories of potty training. I remember sitting on the toilet when I was probably 4, and specifically remember the smell of the honeysuckle bush right outside the bathroom window. I was using the grownup toilet and potty trained by that point. I remember wetting my pants in kindergarten once, and another time on an hour long-ish car ride when I almost wet myself. I definitely had a fixation/proto-fetish for holding it, but the actual wetting was super embarassing and not a turn-on at all.

I can also remember as an elementary school student, chatting about having to pee with my friends when we were watching movies after school at home. Bad enough to hold yourself and fidget, but not bad enough to give up and pause the movie. And when the movie was over we had to wait as each of us used the one bathroom in the house. I don't know if it was the holding/rubbing down there or something else about the situation but it got me really hot and bothered, you could say. :admire2:

Not so much memories about being potty trained but I remember getting like cool character pants to wear at bedtimes which I now know were dry night pants. I remember it because for some reason it made me feel grown up that I got to wear these cool pants to bed.

On May 29, 2017 at 11:04 AM, SmilingWatcher said:

I always think it's strange when people have no memories of being that young. I don't my memory is any better than average, but I can recall some events from age 3 onward pretty much. Some of them were a big deal (holidays, last day of pre-school, first pet died etc.) that make sense to remember. Other memories are just extremely vivid recollections of a random day.

When I'm talking with someone and they mention they have almost no memories before the age of 10 it really weirds me out. I don't know if it's me or the other person who is "weird" but just thinking about such a huge gap in cognition compared to my own experience puts me in a really weird headspace. It feels like derealization or depersonalization. I usually avoid talking with people about being a kid/memories from being a kid to avoid this feeling. OK I guess I am the weird one. ANYWAY back on topic:

I actually don't have specific memories of potty training. I remember sitting on the toilet when I was probably 4, and specifically remember the smell of the honeysuckle bush right outside the bathroom window. I was using the grownup toilet and potty trained by that point. I remember wetting my pants in kindergarten once, and another time on an hour long-ish car ride when I almost wet myself. I definitely had a fixation/proto-fetish for holding it, but the actual wetting was super embarassing and not a turn-on at all.

I can also remember as an elementary school student, chatting about having to pee with my friends when we were watching movies after school at home. Bad enough to hold yourself and fidget, but not bad enough to give up and pause the movie. And when the movie was over we had to wait as each of us used the one bathroom in the house. I don't know if it was the holding/rubbing down there or something else about the situation but it got me really hot and bothered, you could say. :admire2:

Really? Some people can't recall past age 10?