No Such Thing as a Milk Run - Shadowrun Interactive

Recommended Posts

Darksyn    87
14 minutes ago, Bellatrix1 said:

B

If you want your vote to count, you need to make it longer than a single character.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My answer is more E than C... Specifically...

Well, isn't there a garbage can or something Fay and piss and shit in?

And then leave it in front of the bathroom door as a bit of a surprise for Theodora ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87
14 minutes ago, Mydnyght68 said:

My answer is more E than C... Specifically...

Well, isn't there a garbage can or something Fay and piss and shit in?

 

  Reveal hidden contents

And then leave it in front of the bathroom door as a bit of a surprise for Theodora ^_^

 

An amusing and interesting idea. The question is... How will Theodora react?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Darksyn said:

An amusing and interesting idea. The question is... How will Theodora react?

Well, if Theo gets upset, in Fay's defense, this was, in a sense, Theo's fault for blocking Fay from the toilet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87
17 minutes ago, Mydnyght68 said:

Well, if Theo gets upset, in Fay's defense, this was, in a sense, Theo's fault for blocking Fay from the toilet.

Alright. If your suggestion wins, I'll have her clarify why she did it... That work? ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Darksyn said:

Alright. If your suggestion wins, I'll have her clarify why she did it... That work? ^_^

Sounds good to me, Darksyn. Sounds good to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say a mix of A and B.

Spend maybe another minute banging on the door and shouting, trying to get Theo's attention.

If that doesn't work, we try picking the lock to get into the bathroom.

Theo might be a bit shocked to see us barging in while she's in the shower, but when ya gotta go, ya gotta go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLH99    11

I'd say, B. I don't think many people would really mind someone using the bathroom while their in the shower, given that it's only to pee. We could deal with Theo's consequences for breaking in later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87

Given very little choice in the matter, Fay pressed her thighs together tightly, took a deep breath and began to search around for something to unlock the door with.

Unfortunately, such a thing was easier said than done. The safehouse had only been prepared recently, and such 'emergency measures' as a hidden 'key', or at least a small straight piece of wire to unlock the bathroom were nonexistant. After a quick glance through the hallway, Fay headed down the hall toward a cluttered office space. Despite the prevalence of datapads and computers, perhaps the old house still had a supply of paperclips.

"A girl can dream, anyway." Fay muttered as she rummaged through the room. Every passing minute felt longer and longer - the pressure in her bladder increased steadily, with the constant reminder of running water still audible.

Finally, when all hope had nearly been lost, Fay stumbled upon her holy grail - A clear plastic box full of assorted paperclips. She practically threw the top of the container away in her haste to open it, and grabbed the largest clip she could, rushing back to the bathroom while she began to unfold the pliable metal.

The seconds ticked by, and she felt a burning, urine trying desperately to slip out through her urethra.

However, she would be victorious this day! Paperclip unfurled, she jammed the metal prod through the small hole in the door, and was rewarded with the sound of the lock disengaging. Pocketing the clip for later, she rushed in, yanked her jeans and panties out of the way, and let out a loud groan as her backside met the toilet seat and she began to relax.

Just in time, it seemed, as the contents her bladder eagerly took the offered way out, gushing into the toilet with a hiss.

Of course, this combined with her loud vocalization was more than enough for Theodora to stop her singing and poke her head out of the shower to see what the hell was going on.

"Fay?" she inquired as water dripped down from her hair and horns, landing on the tile below. Before she could query further, she noticed the gush, and the sound of water hitting water.

"Ah... I locked door, yes?" She gestured her head toward the doorway, starting to realize how she had goofed up.

Fay nodded, sighing in absolute relief as her stream died down. She still had... business to take care of, but she would at least finish talking with Theodora before she got back to it.

"Yeah. Doesn't work so well in a one-bathroom house with three women. Think you can keep it unlocked in the future? I nearly ruined a good pair of panties and a nice pair of jeans." the elf admitted, feeling a faint blush rising to her cheeks at the admission.

Theo looked back from the door to Fay and cracked a small smile. A rarity in the time Fay had known her. "Da, I will keep door unlocked for future. Apologies, Boss."

"Boss, huh? That's a new one." Fay chuckled, leaning forward and resting her head in her hands, elbows on her knees.

Theo shrugged behind the steamed up frosted glass of the shower. "You take charge, you speak sense, you seem to understand group. Sounds like 'Boss' to me." She paused for a moment, and pulled her head back into the shower, closing the door again. "Am almost done, if you have more to... Do. Can give privacy."

Fay rolled her eyes, and found herself fighting down a brighter blush. "Yeah, I guess that's why I'm still sitting here."

--

True to her word, Theodora stepped out of the shower only a minute later and began drying herself with what would serve most smaller metahumans better as a beach towel. Whatever her original background, she had no issue at all with nudity - Once she was done, she simply threw the towel over her shoulder and headed, still nude, down the hallway.

It did give Fay a good chance to see her gargantuan teammate's build, among... Other things.

Theo, under her usual running attire, was built like a brick shithouse, no buts about it. While she did not have the look of an olympic bodybuilder, she appeared to have one hell of a history of physical training - Fay figured military or police work, most likely.

Aside from her physique? Naturally, the elf's eyes had gravitated elsewhere. Theo was certainly as stacked as most trolls Fay had met, with breasts that fit her huge frame proportionately - If they were on a smaller body, they would be genuinely gigantic.

Another thing that stood out was the dermal deposits. All trolls had them, but the pattern of growth Fay saw on Theo was interesting. Between her throat and her breasts, there was a large patch of that natural bony armor, a dark gray closer to the shade of Theo's horns than her skin, with symmetrical patches over the sides of her back, and smaller, more flexible ones over her sides and just below her chest.

And of course, she had gotten an eyeful of what laid below the belt. Muscular legs with patches of that same gray plating, and... Though she had tried to avert her eyes, she still got an eyeful of what laid between Theo's legs. A tuft of wild, dark hair had mostly obscured her view, but the elf had gotten a better look than she had intended regardless.

Shaking her head in an attempt to remove the results of her ogling from her focus, Fay realized that Theo had closed the door upon leaving, and so she busied herself with finishing up.

A few quiet grunts, muffled splashes and some wiping later, Fay stood, and the toilet flushed automatically as she headed over to wash her hands. Her mind wandered while she scrubbed her hands clean...

--

Fay's musings drift to that of her teammates... Particularly, how she feels about them. Choose whichever options most fit how you wish to shape Fay's relationships.

What does Fay think of Minah?

A) Minah is an optimistic girl that is trying to hold onto her ideals in the shadows, something difficult even for the veterans. She needs support. (Mentor/Student, exclusive and cannot be picked with option C)

B) While a little young and naive, something about Minah is undoubtedly attractive to Fay. (Potential Love Interest or Casual Sexual Relationship)

C) Though new, Minah can more than handle herself. Becoming good friends might be the boost she needs to become a great 'Runner, and trying to mentor her will only stifle her potential. (Friendship and Comradeship, exclusive and cannot be picked with option A)

What does Fay think of Theodora?

A) Theodora may be a bit rough around the edges, as well as perhaps a little hard to understand, but she might prove a solid friend. (Friendship and Comradeship, exclusive and cannot be picked with option B)

B) Theodora is a runner that has been in the biz longer than even Fay has, and while she can prove somewhat amiable, it may prove better to stick to a working relationship. (Professional relationship and detachment. Exclusive and cannot be picked with option B -OR- C)

C) For whatever reason, something about Theodora proves rather alluring to Fay. Maybe it's the accent? (Potential Love Interest or Casual Sexual Relationship)

As an author note, relationships are not mutually exclusive, and while it may provide conflict in some cases, some characters are more than okay with open relationships... Who, exactly? That will have to be discovered by the readers!

---

Physical Health: Unharmed (100%)

Mental StateOn cloud nine. Sweet, sweet relief.

Thirst: None.

Hunger: None.

Stomach: Strawberry Shake - Bladder+ and Bowels+, Genuine French Fries: Bowels++

Bladder: 0% (Just went!)

Bowels: 0% (Just went!)

--

Equipment

Wearing: AR Rimless eyeglasses, Snug dark green T-shirt, skinny jeans, black bra, gray panties.

Carrying: Combat knife w/ sheath (In belt loop), four Medikits (In backpack), collapsible baton (Backpack side pouch, easily accessible.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'd say it's a little too early to be thinking about either of our team mates in that manner.

Minah we seem to have spent the most time with so far. She seems upbeat and friendly, and she's already making light about her earlier accident and Fay's need to pee. It could just be joking, or it could be flirting. It might be worth exploring a bit further.

My vote is Minah C for now, but I wouldn't be opposed to Minah B in the long term.

As for Theodora, we really don't know too much about her.

Sure, she has no shame and gave Fay more than an eyeful when she climbed out of the shower, but most of what we know about her is her level of competence in the field. She's a skilled Runner, but that's really all we know about her.

We should spend some time trying to get to know her, become friends with her as well as just team mates.

I vote Theodora A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLH99    11

I agree with BothanSpy; it's too early to think about either of them as romance-able options. I'll say "C" for Minah, and "B" for Theo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
blooper    440

While I usually don't think of people in an interactive story on this site too early for such things, I am not particularly interested in either for that spot. Mentorship doens't sound too appealing, and Minah seems like a more enjoyable character as a friend, so I would say C for her. 

I am not sure much about Theodora right now, but I do think we've already gone down a slightly more casual path with her and as a pair of professionals I don't really think B is an appropriate step back. So I'll say "A" for her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87

After much inactivity, suddenly... The thread lives!

With no additional votes, it seems the results are... Vote 1: C, Vote 2: A

For future clarification, choosing to pursue a relationship of any kind can be changed later, insofar as the choice makes sense, and these are only the initial votes - The relationships will not be rushed.

---

Hours passed, generally uneventfully. Minah had elected to zonk in an armchair, no doubt running around in the local Matrix and fortifying the safehouse's network security. Theo on the other hand, had preoccupied herself with maintaining her compact shotgun.

Fay had quite nearly fallen asleep, stretched out on the sofa, when her commlink vibrated in her pocket. A quick look at the caller had the elf sitting upright, placing the commlink on the table, in speaker-only mode.

"Taylor?" Minah inquired groggily, snapping back from her technomantic trance, "New info?"

"Some good, some bad." the fixer replied, "Good news is... I have a fourth 'Runner for you guys. Bad news? She's in a bad way."

Fay quirked an eyebrow, exchanging a glance with Minah.

"What do you mean, 'in a bad way?'"

Taylor took a deep breath on the other side of the line. "Well... She's offering a job for her safe extraction. Thirty thousand nuyen payout and a list of black market contacts with high quality merchandise."

Theo's brow furrowed as the troll put her weapon back together piece-by-piece. "Sounds to be... Too good to be true."

"Yeah, that was my first thought." Taylor replied, "Thing is, new girl is an AI."

That got Minah's attention.

"Wait, seriously? Why can't she just bail via the Matrix?" she asked, "She doesn't have to deal with meatspace like us."

"You've got a point, but there is a good reason." Taylor responded, "Our AI friend is inhabiting a Renraku drone body. Like you see at one of those bunraku parlors... And aside from a convoy of Knight Errant with a sat uplink taking a break near her bolthole around the time she fired her request off, she's in a one-hundred-percent deadzone."

Fay weighed the situation in her head, resting her chin between thumb and forefinger.

"We're not fighting K-E for this run, I hope?"

"Oh, fuck no. You're fighting Humanis." Taylor answered, just a tad gleefully.

Humanis - A hate group masquerading as a policlub for human supremacists. Hatred for metahumans, discrimination against synthetic intelligence, the works.

Fay began to grin. "Humanis, in the middle of nowhere, trying to hold an AI hostage? They won't have much support, sounds like."

"Yep," Taylor confirmed, "Client says that her analysis of her surroundings has let her identify twelve men, and eavesdropping indicates they're far from the next closest cell."

Theodora joined in alongside Fay, and now Minah, in a collective grin. "Smashing bigot skulls for big payday? I am in."

Minah chuckled, "I've always wanted to meet an AI. Now we're gonna have one on our team? Cool!"

"The tribe has spoken." Fay chuckled, shaking her head. "We'll load up immediately. Send Theo the nav-data... If our client gets any relays passing by, let her know she's got help on the way."

"Gotcha. Stay safe." Taylor responded, before terminating the call.

---

Instead of a traditional vote, the exact course of action will be determined by whomever can first write out a convincing plan of attack based on the following notes detailing the Humanis compound.

-The compound is completely isolated from the Matrix, but does contain a small network for interpersonal comms and security.

-The fortifications are mediocre at best, with only two functioning turrets connected to bio-diesel generators for power at any one time, with four turrets total.

-The compound consists of rudimentary shanties surrounding a worn down office building, with two watchtowers guarding the barbed-wire fence around the perimeter.

-There are only twelve men inside the main building, the outer compound number is unknown, but estimated to be between six men and one dozen.

To aid in planning, the Runners are skilled in various things:

-Minah is a wizkid with technology. Given a minute, she can deal with almost any electronic lock, turret system, cameras, etc. Additionally, she carries a machine pistol.

-Theodora, in addition to her driving skills, is a close-combat monster - Her dermal deposits and heavy ballistic vest will protect her well while she closes in to shotgun range.

-Fay is the medic, leader, and a more precise melee combatant. For the purposes of the raid, Theo will be lending her a bandolier of assorted grenades. (Two smoke, two flashbang, two HE-Fragmentation)

The best plan and runner-up will be able to choose one aspect each of the new recruit, in body or personality.

---

 

Physical Health: Unharmed (100%)

Mental StatePumped UP!

Thirst: None.

Hunger: None.

Stomach: Genuine French Fries: Bowels++

Bladder: 14% (Almost empty.)

Bowels: 5% (Almost empty)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have Theodora drive us as close as possible to the compound at night and park somewhere safe, then we approach and get Minah to take over the small network and the turrets. (if not possible just shut them down)  After all of that have Fay stealth her way in, with Minah watching over the security cameras to warn her of any enemies nearby. Once the AI is collected stealth your way out and make a clean get away.    

If possible

-Take out the person watching the security cameras

-Shut down the power generators

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only 2 of 4 turrets are operational - that should give the team a possibility to enter the compound undetected. 2 turrets can't cover all the ground.

Gain entrance, undetected if possible.

Get to the network, have Minah take control of the turrets. Rest of the team should protect her while doing so. As soon as the currets are under our control get the AI and get out of the building. This time use a route that is in the line of sight of the turrets as much as possible.

The guards will probably think the turrets will take us down - which they won't because we control them. That gives us some time.

And if the guards come after us - well, the turrets will take care of them. Until the guards have the turrets back under their control (if they are even able to do this, which I doubt) we have more then enough time to get out.

And if the guards should be stupid enough to follow us the turrets will cut them to pieces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A key step is to find out which turrets are operational, and which ones aren't. Ideally the non-operational turrets are next to each other so that we have a decent area of approach.

Even then, we need to be careful of guard patrols. Where the turrets are not working, we're almost guaranteed to have a higher concentration of guards.

We should try to eliminate the guards as silently as possible. Eliminating one or two at a time either up close with knives, or at long range with silenced guns or other relatively quiet long ranged weapons like bows or cross bows if we have access to them. This is probably a job for Fay and Theo. They're good at close combat, but we should try to stay commando stealthy.

Minah should be our guardian angel. Get her in the security control room and she can watch our backs while doing whatever computer hacking we need.

Ideally I'd prefer if we had a designated get away driver if things go pear shaped, but with only the three of us, that probably isn't possible.

Unless Minah can hack into their network from the safety of our van. Is the van set up to be a mobile surveillance and hacking vehicle?

Edited by BothanSpy1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87
35 minutes ago, BothanSpy1138 said:

Unless Minah can hack into their network from the safety of our van. Is the van set up to be a mobile surveillance and hacking vehicle?

Not in the direct sense, but with Minah's technomancer abilities, she can essentially turn it into one, so long as she remains inside it. The Runners will be able to park close enough for her to jump into the local network.

I will be settling on a winner around noon-time, to allow a chance for more people to post in the meantime.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

*drops like a meteor into the thread*

Some turrets, some bigots, and an AI who'd be incredibly grateful for its rescue. My my.

>Figure out where the bigots are, and either find a way around them, or dispatch them as necessary, quietly of course. We are shadowrunners, after all. It's in the name. (Fay, go for the kniver in the kidneys, they can't scream it hurts too much.)

>Determine which turrets are currently powered and which aren't. Hack as opportune becomes.

19 hours ago, BothanSpy1138 said:

Unless Minah can hack into their network from the safety of our van. Is the van set up to be a mobile surveillance and hacking vehicle?

>Minah is literally a techno-wizard-soul-into-machine-hacking-demon. Let her gifts run rampant and to the aid of the crew from safety if possible as she works her "techno-witch" magic.

>Get our soon-to-be AI friend lady out of there and safely home.

>???

>I don't know. Maybe flip them the bird on the way out?

>Profit like only shadowrunners can.

Edited by MaverickJsmith

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, MaverickJsmith said:

Minah is literally a techno-wizard-soul-into-machine-hacking-demon. Let her gifts run rampant and to the aid of the crew from safety if possible as she works her "techno-witch" magic.

Ah. Ok. My knowledge of the background is sketchy at best. While I've played tabletop RPGs before, my knowledge of Shadowrun pretty much is limited to "cyberpunk + fantasy".

My question though was more to do with the fact that this compound's internal network is not connected to the Matrix.

I wasnt sure if Minah needed to be inside the compound to hack into their network since they're not connected to the rest of the cyberspace grid.

Edited by BothanSpy1138

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87
51 minutes ago, BothanSpy1138 said:

My question though was more to do with the fact that this compound's internal network is not connected to the Matrix.

I wasnt sure if Minah needed to be inside the compound to hack into their network since they're not connected to the rest of the cyberspace grid.

Even without readily available Matrix access, technomancers can still 'jump' into isolated networks. Unlike normal hackers, they just need to be within roughly the same area as a network, instead of at an inside access point.

Hope that clarifies it a little bit.

Post incoming. ETA is... Well, not as late as usual. :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87

Actually, about as late as usual. Self Deprecation, ho!

Since so much time has elapsed, and my original winning vote is lost to my foggy memory, I'll have to offer a different reward at another time.

For now I intend to get this thing back on the road, though there may be some changes in how character status is handled, in addition to my own take on the rescue plan.

...I noticed that nobody had any plan to deal with any watchtower sentries, despite my mentioning the existence of said towers :P

Without further faffing about, let's get back into this.

----

Packing their gear and hitting the road was uneventful, but the prospects of their mission kept the crew in better spirits - A good payday, a grateful AI teammate and a pile of dead bigots. All things worth the fight no doubt to come.

Minah and Theodora had jury-rigged a 'zonk seat' for the technomancer, somewhere she could easily and comfortably dive into and out of electronics, with medical aid on hand in case the local IC didn't agree with her intrusion. Truthfully, it was a chair covered in comfy cushions and bolted to the floor in the back, next to a medical compartment, but it gave Minah some peace of mind, and in a pinch, could be cleared for use as an operating table, if future missions were to go south.

Fay, not at all a great shot, had been passed the technomancer's machine pistol for the purposes of the mission, and it sat in her lap, held tightly as Theo worked her driving magic, weaving through the Barrens with a grace one would expect from neither a troll or a van, all while at a speed that most would call unsafe.

The van slowed as they approached the marked location on their HUDs, and Fay gave her AR shades a tap to dismiss the overlaid icon before looking back at Minah, who haad just put her feet up as they approached.

"Work your wizardry, Minah."

"Gotcha. Heading in."
 

Minah's eyes closed and her body went lax as she dove into the electronics around them. Fay couldn't help but smile at the small, anime-styled image of her teammate flashing a thumbs-up in her HUD before mounting over the rim of her shades and disappearing. Theo chuckled softly in amusement, having been party to something similar.

"Running community says all Tekno are strange. I am inclined to agree." She remarked. A few moments later, their displays flashed with a clear message: CAMERAS UNDER CONTROL, TURRETS SLAVED TO MY ORDERS.

The two combatants shared a nod and hopped out from the van, letting the doors lock behind them as they approached the complex proper. For the sake of stealth, they had parked a block away, out of sight of the junkyard-scrap watchtowers. It seemed to be a moot point at they approached, however - The guards had all grouped up around an oil drum with a small fire in it, and were loudly carrying on about their recent successes.

Cutting the fence was child's play, and even Theo could skulk into the shadow created by the tower as the sun retreated below the horizon.

--------

Vote Time!

The Humanis goons are poorly armed, or at the very least, the ones outdoors are. How should they be handled?

A) Continue sneaking inside, leave the guard mooks alone - They might run face first into Minah's ambush.

B) Dispatch the group with an HE-Frag grenade - The noise will draw the goons from inside toward the noise, and directly into a crossfire.

C) Toss a smoke grenade into the group and move in to eliminate them in close combat. There will be a scuffle, but it should remain quiet enough to head inside without tipping off the whole Humanis cell.

---

Physical Health: Unharmed (100%)

Mental State: Combat Ready.

Thirst: Slightly thirsty.

Hunger: None.

Stomach: No Modifiers.

Bladder: 16% (Almost empty.)

Bowels: 12% (Almost empty.)

---

Equipment

Wearing: AR Rimless eyeglasses, Snug dark green T-shirt, skinny jeans, black bra, gray panties.

Carrying: Combat knife w/ sheath (In belt loop), four Medikits (In backpack), collapsible baton, (Backpack side pouch, easily accessible.) Borrowed SMG, (Two full magazines) Borrowed Grenade Belt (Smoke, HE-Frag, Flashbang. Two of each remaining.)

---

I will be trying to hold myself to a strict time limit between writing updates, so things should become more regular for this thread. Hopefully, people are still interested in continuing - I have many things planned for all the myriad possibilities that will crop up as I continue. I've had a long time to think on it, after all.

Vote cutoff will happen at 3PM PDT, unless there is a tie or less than three votes, in which case I will extend the voting period until 5PM PDT.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JLH99    11

I'm going to go for option C, because it seems like theres a lot less room for error.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Darksyn    87

Since there is only a single vote so far, I will likely extend the vote until there is a clear winner.

I'll be keeping an eye on the thread for the rest of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey! This back! Awesome.

My vote goes for C.

I think the plan I had suggested a while back had involved stealthy commando actions and/or silenced weapons, and I still think that makes the most sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.