Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Super Ultra Most Controversial Debate Ever

My theory with pizza is pepperoni and cheese only, no matter from where. That way there is no surprises and it is always gonna make me happy, because pizza tastes amazing. For example I really love onions in many different meals, so i figured i would order pizza with onions from my favorite pizza joint, but for some reason it felt like the entire pizza was made differently, even the pepperonis didn't taste normal.  

1 hour ago, Quation said:

My theory with pizza is pepperoni and cheese only, no matter from where. That way there is no surprises and it is always gonna make me happy, because pizza tastes amazing. For example I really love onions in many different meals, so i figured i would order pizza with onions from my favorite pizza joint, but for some reason it felt like the entire pizza was made differently, even the pepperonis didn't taste normal.  

It's the way it's meant to be.

2 hours ago, Jus said:

I read somewhere ages ago that eating pineapple makes cum taste better.

Personally, I think that cum ruins a perfectly good fruit, but that's a whole different story.

....Who the **** is stupid enough to say such crap like that?

People are stupid sometimes. Who would even do such a thing anyways? I mean thats just a really dumb idea in the first place.

Nope!  I don't like pineapples on their own (unless they're a flavour for Jelly Beans), so adding them to pizza is like bringing Holy Water to a gathering of Undead. Disgusting, soggy and will likely result in the wrath of the Gods.

My overall favourite topping for Pizza is Meat Feast, without the onions, of course. I'm quite partial to most pizza flavours, but anything with Vegetables on is just sacrilege when it comes to Pizza. Why put healthy stuff, on my unhealthy choice of food?! If I wanted to eat healthy, I wouldn't have chosen Pizza now, would I?

Pineapple is gooood!! Not on every pizza - my fave is all the meats, BBQ sauce base, and if available tandoori chicken in the meat mix gives a nommy bit of light spice to the combo... But I do appreciate pineapple on a pizza every now and then, the sweet and salty combo (to quote deadpool!) can be quite refreshing, in the same way as things like salted caramel or sweet & salted popcorn are popular these days, the contrasting flavour types stimulate the flavour palette more than just one or the other...

I've never understood the virulent hatred of pineapple pizza, I mean I get that it's unusual so not going to be universally popular, but those who swear death and hellfire upon the abomination could use a touch of perspective - with devil food like oranges out there, who's got time for hatin' on the pineapple pizza? :tongue:

2 hours ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

^Isn't it that way with most "debates" nowadays? Both sides hating on each other and the moderates either being drown out or not speaking up for fear of being hated on by both sides?

I meant more like the pineapple likers are friendly and don't have too strong of an opinion, whereas the people who dislike it REALLY dislike it.

Also, to the don't mix sweet and savory crowd: what's your opinion of things like honey or maple glazes on ham and turkey, pies that combine a savory crust with a sweet fruit filling, serving sweet potatoes, candied yams, or cranberry sauce along side meat, serving jellies, jams, marmalade, and fruit preserves along side bacon and eggs, or anything that mixes sugar with cinnamon? Granted, I only like some of these, but these are all examples of mixing contrasting flavors and some ore so common I suspect many don't even realize the mixing.

I've never liked sweet/savory much; the only good way to go is maple+bacon and even that gets to be too much. Sweet and salty is better. I think the issue with pineapple is less of a flavor and more of a texture thing.

On a related note, does anyone know if there's a name for the dish you'd get if you just tossed the sauce, cheese, and toppings in a pan or bowl without the crust? I love pizza, but its got way too many carbs for me to eat guilt free and I'm too wired agaist wasting food to just rake the toppings off and throwaway the crust.

Lasagna.

9 hours ago, etoile said:

I meant more like the pineapple likers are friendly and don't have too strong of an opinion, whereas the people who dislike it REALLY dislike it.

Maybe there's something in pineapple that mellows folk out, but like the Pax from Serenity/Firefly, a tenth of a percent of the population (adjust percentage accordingly!) had their aggressor response increase exponentially, at least when it comes to the subject of pineapple?

• 4 months later...