Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Stopping in the middle of peeing

I don't really know about the female side myself, and for male I really only have my own experiences as hard proof. For me, it's pretty easy to stop peeing no matter how desperate I am if I really want to. Usually I just let it flow because it feels great. 

Thing is, doing this for me usually has a very minor discomfort associated with it, and it's a very unique discomfort also, as I can't really think of anything that feels similar. The discomfort only lasts for about a minute, at which point it just feels like normal desperation when holding again. This discomfort is what leads me to believe that it might be harmful to stop mid-pee, but I'm not sure.

5 hours ago, Quation said:

I don't really know about the female side myself, and for male I really only have my own experiences as hard proof. For me, it's pretty easy to stop peeing no matter how desperate I am if I really want to. Usually I just let it flow because it feels great. 

Thing is, doing this for me usually has a very minor discomfort associated with it, and it's a very unique discomfort also, as I can't really think of anything that feels similar. The discomfort only lasts for about a minute, at which point it just feels like normal desperation when holding again. This discomfort is what leads me to believe that it might be harmful to stop mid-pee, but I'm not sure.

I would think maybe there is still some pee in your urinary tract that leads to the feeling. I'm guessing now it does feel a lot different for guys as I like the feeling, but as I said I can not keep it in I do lose the battle after a few seconds at best, but to me the only way I can describe it is like having to pee far worse than even the times I have wet myself from having to pee too bad. I do not do it much because I do worry about infections, but to me it is the best way to feel like you have lost control. (But to be fair not being able to stop it might just be because I have a very weak bladder.)

Yeah stopping mid-stream is tricky but TBH I kinda like to do it sometimes - feels all tingly and like super-intense desperation... But it can be pretty tiring doing it more than a couple of times and I hadn't even considered the UTI thing (though I've never had one from ANY of my Omo fun so not surprising I guess!)... Still, with enough willpower I personally find it easy (well not exactly "easy" but definitely highly possible) to cut off mid-stream, and I don't think it's particularly dangerous as such...

Stopping the flow by intention is not uncommon to me. Every now and then I try not only to refrain from voiding as long as possible but choose to keep a very full bladder for a very long time. Usually I like to fill up my bladder over a rather long time until I reach the point when I think I can't hold it anymore. Then I release a very small amount, perhaps a cup full, and stop the flow in an instant. I am not exaggerating if I say that this is a hard job and on the verge of painful. But using this method once every one or two hours again I can keep an overfilled bladder for hours and cherish the feeling close to wetting almost continuously.

i am  really good at pissing a little and stopping. do it really often. and is fun to show off in locker room to the other  boys after weightlifting or track or wrestling how i can pee in a spurt then stop and see if they can do the same. bladder does tense really hard for a bit since you stopped the flow but that goes away after a bit. i run track and wrestle and lift weights with my bladder full. its both expected of us and feels good and you do better lifting and running and wrestling on a full bladder. even the swimmers say they get faster times swimming with a full bladder.

• 2 weeks later...

I have gotten UTI's from holding too long, and from certain kinds of sexual things where the bladder is going to get poked and jabbed (like intercourse, for a woman at least), but I don't think I've eved had negative consequences from stopping and starting... That's one of the easiest ways to build your PC muscles, especially if you're just starting out with exercizes.  Stopping about 3-4 times during a good-length pee is actually great for your muscles and can lead to more intense orgasms, better sex, a harder penis for guys and tighter vaginal walls for women. 

If you're talking about doing it when you're super-desperate to just "take the edge off" and avoid letting it all out, though, you have to make sure you let out enough to AVOID getting an infection from overextending your bladder, especially if you're going to have any sex or masturbate (again, as a chick). And I think the emptying fully at least once a day is a good minimal rule. 

I haven't been able to fully stop mid stream since I can remember I can slow the stream significantly but it will still come out to some degree   My urge incontince plus having kids did that to me. How ever my daughters can stop mid pee at will like if we pop a squat and our cover becomes blown they can stop and then restart when they have regained privacy where as I once i start I'm in until the end. 

• 2 weeks later...

I used last weekend and Monday 1st of May for a holding session during which I tried to always keep a full to very full bladder. And of course this is only possible if I do a 'minimum voiding'. I started with an empty bladder by Friday night, managed to reach Saturday noon quite easily but got into slight trouble by 2 pm. I should have given up but decided to void app 100 ml and gain control again. It worked until 4.30 pm when I again reached the said state and again I released the same small quantity. By dinner time I thought I was bursting but - see above - just delivered 100 ml. Approaching bedtime I decided to void a little more to give me the chance of a relatively sound sleep. As I was absolutely not sure about the actual filling of my bladder and only remembered that I had more or less an urge all over Saturday I decided to release 300 ml. So I probably started into the night with half a liter inside my bladder. Astonishingly, I could master the night without a pee-break but when I awoke on Sunday the first urges and spasms hit me on leaving the bed. First I tried to ignore them, delayed showering to later, clothed and sat down for breakfast. As soon as I did not concentrate on holding real attacks of urge hit me and after five of them I felt some wetness in my shorts. So again I released my 'traditional' 100ml to keep my shorts as dry as possible. To make a long story short: on Sunday I always waited until the first uncontrollable spurts started which resulted in an app '2 hours - 100ml' rhythm. I chose to end the play by Sunday evening but felt my body was not willing to just switch off the game. On Monday though not holding intentionally I felt surges that sometimes were dramatic enough to make me lose more than some drops before I could react as planned. But meanwhile everything is in order and I came back to my normal twice-a-day peeing pattern.

I have done it just to see if I could. If my bladder is really full, it is difficult but not impossible to stop. I leak and spurt a bit but with effort can get the flow stopped. I wait several seconds before zipping up again so I don't leak in my pants.  There is considerable discomfort like my pee is going to come out, like it is in my penis, but that sensation does not last long.

I would not do this on a regular basis, and certainly not repeat the partial bladder release numerous times in a row, as a half empty bladder , with the same pee in the bottom, likely will get infected. Other than that enjoy doing something different with pee.  

Edited by wettingman (see edit history)

If you're worried about a UTI, you can help avoid it by making sure you spend some time 'flushing out' afterwards...like, making sure you're drinking enough water and going when you first feel the need to.  That'll get rid of any stale pee that might be left.  What you need to worry about is how old the pee is, rather than how many times you've started and stopped.

I'm of the opinion that stopping in the middle is a great thing to practise, since it strengthens muscles that make orgasms feel better.  That alone is a good reason to do it sometimes, if you ask me.  But I'm admittedly biased since I also just enjoy the feeling itself, so maybe you shouldn't ask me.

Just be reasonably careful with it, and you shouldn't have any problem.

1 hour ago, Limey Weasel said:

If you're worried about a UTI, you can help avoid it by making sure you spend some time 'flushing out' afterwards...like, making sure you're drinking enough water and going when you first feel the need to.  That'll get rid of any stale pee that might be left.  What you need to worry about is how old the pee is, rather than how many times you've started and stopped.

I'm of the opinion that stopping in the middle is a great thing to practise, since it strengthens muscles that make orgasms feel better.  That alone is a good reason to do it sometimes, if you ask me.  But I'm admittedly biased since I also just enjoy the feeling itself, so maybe you shouldn't ask me.

Just be reasonably careful with it, and you shouldn't have any problem.

it does feel good  stopping having just started. peeing for second or less then stopping. or even barely start peeing                     then stopping. over and over as you keep drinking water. feels very good. and makes those muscles stronger too. and almost peeing then stopping is hot feeling too. makes control stronger so you can hold it in when you have to go bad and abs are tensing up hard with your bladder spasms.