bans shouldn't affect reputation

facade    1,598
1 hour ago, OmoCommando said:

Bans don't effect reputation. Making rude or spammy posts does.

KozmoFox    1,539
14 hours ago, OmoCommando said:

Bans don't affect reputation. Making rude or spammy posts does.

To be fair this is a very tame and easy site. You follow the rules then you don't have to worry about bans. Don't be an asshole to people and you won't get a negative rep. That's on you, no one else. That goes for life too. 

And actually a ban is an indicator of unsavoury activity so I think it's not particularly unreasonable that a ban SHOULD in fact affect reputation - if you're going to break the rules of the site enough to get yourself a ban that's bad rep in itself and I see no real downside to it resulting in a drop in your rep numbers. Say a ban would also lose you 5 rep points - that'd be a lot less than you lose by posting a topic complaining about bans and loss of reputation, the OP has -10 from this post at current count!!

The trick, quite clearly, is to make sure you keep your posts non-bannable, and post good stuff that people like to boost your rep! :cool:

JustClom    356
Posted (edited)
On 4/16/2017 at 1:22 AM, ArcticVortex said:

To be fair this is a very tame and easy site. You follow the rules then you don't have to worry about bans. Don't be an asshole to people and you won't get a negative rep. That's on you, no one else. That goes for life too. 

This is the guy who threw tantrums about omo.org apparently being nothing but a pay site and something about supporting mobile. I don't think he's going to get a grip on the concept of not being an asshole.

And yeah, Vortex, Luna, and Moocom have summed this up fairly well.

Edited by JustCallum

Posted (edited)

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:l1z8Er6.png
Congratulations!

**Edit: Worth noting that the total has already changed to be different than -31, however with your new found counting skills you can recheck the math on your own.

Edited by FallingDusk
fml

KozmoFox    1,539
14 minutes ago, FallingDusk said:

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:bohujgi.png
Congratulations!

I know you have this obsession with editing your posts 20 times each, so I just wanted to point out the picture you can't so easily edit has a typo in the first word. c:

Poor duck.

30 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

I know you have this obsession with editing your posts 20 times each, so I just wanted to point out the picture you can't so easily edit has a typo in the first word. c:

Poor duck.

I don't see what you're talking about :ahaaah:

KozmoFox    1,539
14 minutes ago, FallingDusk said:

I don't see what you're talking about :ahaaah:

It is still the same in my quote.

Your shame will forever be on display for all to see.

14 minutes ago, KozmoFox said:

It is still the same in my quote.

Your shame will forever be on display for all to see.

FAAAKE! I assure you Fox has clearly photo-shopped a blemish onto my beautiful infographic :depressed2:

KozmoFox    1,539

Also, I would like to congratulate OP on having the most downvoted post in the history of Omorashi.org! (The previous one was on a very similar topic, who knew!)

Lisk    464

And this is why I don't get myself an Ipad. They're probably possessed by the dark gods.

JustClom    356
15 minutes ago, Lisk said:

And this is why I don't get myself an Ipad. They're probably possessed by the dark gods.

"Probably."

Of course they are possessed by the dark gods.

Kei    280
17 hours ago, FallingDusk said:

I made you a nice little info-graphic to help you understand where all of your reputation points come from. I hope you appreciate it! :hi:l1z8Er6.png
Congratulations!

**Edit: Worth noting that the total has already changed to be different than -31, however with your new found counting skills you can recheck the math on your own.

There's also the typo with "possible" which should read "possibly". :P

I wonder how far the dislike rating goes and what the next few titles say

facade    1,598
3 hours ago, Sono Raitā said:

I wonder how far the dislike rating goes and what the next few titles say

Plebian is the lowest title one can receive i think. As far as I know only one has achieved it. 

Kei    280
3 hours ago, facade said:

Plebian is the lowest title one can receive i think. As far as I know only one has achieved it. 

How many down-votes is Plebian?  

6 hours ago, facade said:

I was hoping for something like "literally Hitler" or something like that

211    95
17 hours ago, Sono Raitā said:

I was hoping for something like "literally Hitler" or something like that

Now that made me laugh.

Aside from this, I've used mobile here and there, works just fine. Dunno what the fuss is about.

Kiriko    173

I use mobile on this site quite often granted I'm not as vocal as I once was but still...

Most of those rep points you have are from all the complaining you do it doesn't help most of what you say is just blatantly false.

Foxlover    264

Wow this thread was a rollercoaster