Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Bedwtting relapse?!

Hi guys, I just woke up and although I didn't have a fullblown accident my underwear and the front of my jeans were soaked with pee when I woke up. I didn't do anything special before bed other than be really tired. I don't have the supplies to deal with it if I were to start wetting again completely. I'm scared. I don't want to start wetting the bed again! Has anybody else had something like this happen to them? I haven't wet the bed in years. If something like this has happened to you what did you do about it? I need help.

Edited by MangaKitten (see edit history)

If it is just once (or occasional, then I would not worry. But, I know you are worried and that is important. I was not a bedwetter - my cousin introuduced me to wetting a diaper (among other things). Nearly everyone I know has had an accident in the bed at least once or twice. (Not just people who are into Omo/related things.). My mom was a guidance counselor / child advocate for over half a century.

Some of the reasons people can have a/an re/occurance of bedwetting are:

Not emptying the bladder before bed and/or drinking too much liquid too close to bedtime.

Sleeping deeply and missing the body's cue to use the bathroom.

Men and women experience sexual arousal and/or orgasm while asleep. Emptying the bladder can be a natural urge for some people after they orgasm.

Anxiety in life (any kind - minor or major).

There are many others.

Also she said that sometimes a current situation may mirror (even minor) a past event or situation that caused a person to wet the bed. The examples were too numerous for me to get all of them  - stress about a parental marriage situation (then/now) and/or stress about a current relationship (not having to do with the parents at all).

I know this does not answer all of your questions.

I do know that a sudden onset of urinary incontinence can be scary. (My wife started going through this at age 45 - and with her religious upbringing it took years for her to  ... well she still is embarrassed by it ... manage it successfully.) We already had  a washable pad for the mattress (originally it was for her orgasms - which were mattress drenching) and now she uses it for bedtime. They can be ordered off Amazon; found in Toys R US / Target / etc; and purchased in medical supply stores. (Don't worry - anything that has happened to you - they have seen much more embarrassing and really don't care - you don't have to say it is for you.)

I hope this is of some help. I know it is very worrying and a sudden reoccurrance is scary. Thank you for being able to share with us - I am sure that there are others here with more helpful information.

Thanks guys, I've had a lot on my plate recently and I haven't been sleeping well so maybe it was just a mix of stress and having slept too deeply. I don't recall needing the bathroom before bed but I was pretty tired so might have just not acknowledged it.

I could see some merit with the parental situation thought too. My parents are seperated and there has been a lot more tension between them surrounding me lately.

If it happens again I might get one of those mattress covers just to be safe. That's something that shouldn't be too conspicuous.  If it becomes frequent I'll go see a doctor. I don't think anything is wrong physically but bodies are complicated so I can't rule it out.

I appreciate all the input. I feel a little better. If it happens again I'll post on the forum again for help. 

Well, I always use the bathroom before bed anyway, even if I don't particularly have to, so it could have been a combination of stress, not using the bathroom before bed, and maybe the subconscious of having the fetish (or else some kind of interest in it, if you do). Maybe always using the bathroom before you go to bed will help. I hope it doesn't happen again