Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Once a wetter....always a.........

I think I have shared before how on our wedding day I had needed dry underpants when changing out of my wedding suit into the clothes we were going away in.  What I may not have mentioned is that Jane was better prepared and only needed a fresh maxi pad.  We drove off from the reception to our honeymoon hotel but hadn't gone more than a mile or so when I stopped the car and said I needed a wee. Jane said can't you wait until we find a toilet -you can't just do it here.  I said I was bursting and as it wasn't a very busy road stood behind the open car door to take a by now very urgent leak.   I promised Jane i would look for a toilet for her and drove on.

Finding a toilet wasn't that easy and Jane soon started to urge me to "do something".  I drove off the main road and found a lay-by.  I pulled in and said "this will have to do and seeing a gap in the hedge Jane dived through and I followed.  Very soon she was squatting and had begun to spray the grass.  I asked if she needed anything but she threw her soggy maxi pad into the bushes and said she would be alright.

As we journeyed on we were both a bit relieved and Jane asked if I often got "caught short". I said "not too often" and she said she never felt "safe" unless she had was wearing a. pad. I said she had it easier because men didn't have maxi pads. She replied that men could go almost anywhere and often did.  We talked a bit more and then Jane asked "were you a wetter when you were younger?  I said "Why do you ask?"  and she replied that her mother had told her that kids who had wetting problems never really got over them and had to live with it.

I said "Are you trying to tell me something?" and she said "I was worried about the bed tonight in case, well you know."  I said that I was worried too, and that we would just have to look out for  each other and cope if anything happened.  I then said that I hadn't liked to mention it before, but had asked the hotel to put a waterproof cover on the mattress.  Jane said she was relieved because she had been worried about broaching the subject and for one of the few times in our life together said I had done the right thing.