Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

critique/advice??

13 minutes ago, Anubis said:

Even though it was done in a hurry, this is still good. I can only imagine how much better your next omo artwork might be if you took your time a bit more. Then you could show off the full extent of your artistic skills.

oh my gosh thank you!! honestly it doesn't get much better than this my attention span is really short;;;

It's okay to take breaks while drawing a picture too. Though I find that attention to detail is a skill that comes with time and experience.

Your anatomy and proportions look good to me. The only thing I would say is that the lines look messy. It's not so much a big deal when the picture is small or zoomed out but if you work on cleaning those lines up and making them look neater, I think it would add to the quality of your drawing!

Nice work!

1 hour ago, OmoCommando said:

It's okay to take breaks while drawing a picture too. Though I find that attention to detail is a skill that comes with time and experience.

Your anatomy and proportions look good to me. The only thing I would say is that the lines look messy. It's not so much a big deal when the picture is small or zoomed out but if you work on cleaning those lines up and making them look neater, I think it would add to the quality of your drawing!

Nice work!

THANK YOU,,,, normally i do have cleaner lines than this but i didn't bother to clean it up ^^;

1 hour ago, pixelkatt said:

Looks really good! I'm kinda confused as to what gender this person has though, the chest says male but the hips say female. (Obligatory hips don't lie reference)

Then again, sometimes that's an art choice, just like messy lines can be.

He's male ;0; he's also rather chubby so that might explain feminine hips... but I'm really just more used to drawing females ahahaha

• 2 weeks later...

He's soooo cuuuuute! I just wanna hug him. Poor Yuuri!

Lovely art. Keep drawing! Sometimes when working on a character refrence images can be helpful. I can tell who it is and its freaking adorable! Β Draw more!

Here's a good video to watch that sllows you to kind of rate your own art and determine what you should work on to advance as an artist.Β 

Β 

17 minutes ago, MangaKitten said:

He's soooo cuuuuute! I just wanna hug him. Poor Yuuri!

Lovely art. Keep drawing! Sometimes when working on a character refrence images can be helpful. I can tell who it is and its freaking adorable! Β Draw more!

Here's a good video to watch that sllows you to kind of rate your own art and determine what you should work on to advance as an artist.Β 

Β 

thank you!!! this definitely isn't my best work tvt it's unreferenced and rushed.. i'd place myself at level 4 mostly? if i bother to put effort in ahaha ;0; i'm pretty impatient and have some issues with anatomy and perspective to work out

On 3/30/2017 at 1:36 PM, Redd said:

Much better than I can do. Β I think it looks good. Β I can see what you mean about cleaning it up a little. Β That probably would make it look better, but it's a good drawing. Β I'm afraid mine are all stick figures with a dotted line between the legs, lol.Β 

Ha! Same! I wish I was good at the drawing types of art, but it's not my strong point. I'm better with words. XP

I've considered giving it a try, but I probably wouldn't get very good results. Btw, Shade, this is very well done. I like it quite a lot. It actually reminds me of my friend's drawing style. Keep up the excellent work!