Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Desperate Lifeguard

very nice story @bobbillbbb 

I once was lifeguarding with a  friend on a very busy day. She was sitting poolside while I was in the stand. Somehow we didn't have breaks during our shifts, but there was lots of splashing so the poolsides were wet. I happened to be looking in her direction when it seemed to me  something was dripping from her chair. At the end of the shift she admitted to me that she had peed in her swimsuit and was afraid somebody saw. I told her the kids were all so busy splashing around that she didn't have anything to worry about.

Several weeks later she and I were counselors at a prmitive camp, and her tent of girls nd my tent of boys did things together. One afternoon we were away fro the tent area and outhouses when she pulled me side and asked if I could watch the whole group. She said she had to go to the bathroom very bad. After a few minutes some of the girls were eager to go find her. I held them off as long as I could but they took off to the campsite, so I had to go after them bringing the whole group. We got back to the campsite and she was acting like something wasn't right. She came to me very embarrassed and told she had gone to the bathroom in her pants. I told her I wouldn't have hd any idea if she hadn't told me so I was sure the kids had no idea.

Edited by scinosensation (see edit history)

Very nice story - I haven't had that during my job yet, but I live in hope xD. I'm pretty sure I've seen a swimmer have an accident on the edge, but not sure - I was more bothered by those in the water

One thing to point out though - regardless of where you are in the pool, you need to cover it just the same as someone could get in from another area (or another lifeguard could have enter the water, meaning you'd have to temporarily supervise their zone too). Just saying...

A friend has been a lifeguard for several years at a public pool, and he told me that although at some point in his regular shift (four hours) he may dive into the pool, but it's to maintain his alertness.  He said he rarely has any need to pee in just four hours.  Now, that does create a small lapse in supervision of the pool, but he said anyone's attention will wander if they don't get some kind of break.  The pool policy is that no lifeguard can be on duty for more than four continuous hours, and he performs other duties and then may return to lifeguard status for another couple of hours if they are short-staffed.