Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What Were Your Friends/Parents Reactions When They Found Out

What were your parents or friends reaction when they found out you were a DL or ABDL. What did they do? Did they accept it or condemn it?

Speaking of my experience, when I was 13 years old. I told my mother first believing she would help me because we had a good relationship. She was ok, but refused to help or accept it. Word came to my father, and he grabbed me by the neck and pushed me against the wall(he was in law enforcement and says "he's seen this stuff") and interrogated and yelled at me. I got older and my youth pastor found out and didn't keep it a secret and had a meeting with his wife and him about me in the room. She compared it to cancer and how it needs to be removed and said I was a pervert. Before then, I told trust worthy friends and they accepted it.

Pretty much throughout my life. People condemned me for it. According to articles for parents and their children about that they are supposed to accept it and they should help because u wouldn't want make your child feel like a freak. Well in my experience, my parents did the opposite and shoved my self-esteem down my throat. Now, I'm older and I do my things and they can't say anything to me. So what about you? What's your experience or anyone could relate?

I wish people were more accepting about this sort of thing. It's completely harmless and we're not hurting anyone! I'm glad your friends were accepting about it. I've never had the guts to bring it up with anyone! I am starting to come to terms with it a bit more now that I've decided to just accept myself for who I am. The last girl I had been hanging out with I came to really trust. We got pretty close and I opened up to her more than I had with anyone else and had things worked out between us I think I was actually pretty close to being comfortable telling her about some of my stranger kinks.  My parents found out when I was in 5th grade. I stole a few Pullups from the closet and hid them under my bed.(my mom babysat some younger kids) Well... as my luck would have it my parents found them and they were not happy. I got a pretty serious "talking to" and they inquired pretty heavily about why I had them. It really sucked. Years later I threw bag with a few diapers in it in the trash bin and I even took the time to put them underneath another bag that was in the bin. Well, once again luck was not on my side! A stupid raccoon got into the garbage that very night and scattered diaper bits across the driveway. When I left to go to work the next morning my dad had already picked most of it up but it was obvious what had happened. I wanted to just freaking dissapear and not come back lol. A few days later my dad asked me about it while I was with one of my buddies and I just kind of blew it off . Thank god I didn't let it get to me at that moment but I cringe everytime I think about now. I overheard my parents talking about that day and they just sounded kind of dissapointed.  I'm trying a little harder these days to just be happy and have fun. It's our life so lets enjoy it! Who cares what anyone else thinks! 

Not good. They found some used diapers in my room. They confronted me about it. At that point, I still didn't really understand why I was into diapers, and I found myself completely unable to talk about it with them or admit to it. That made it worse, of course. In the end, my dad threw a chair at me, and if you've seen Inside Out, that's one of my core memories. I never told them, but I imagine they googled it and figured it out.

I was caught at 8 years old by my grand mother when she saw me throwing one away .

confronted me and I told her I was wearing them, she told me not to do it anymore and that was it.

When I was 12 my mom found the goodnites I had purchased. 

Along with some used ones. 

She threw them away and that was it.

basically since my 20"s I've told anyone who needed to know(think girlfriends)

some bad reactions , some ok.

either way I don't care who knows now.

@Reine Sevia and @supernerd222: Those reactions are utterly fucked. As a father, I cannot imagine reacting to something that is essentially trivial and harmless and private with such rage and lack of understanding. I hope that you've been able to have excellent and fulfilling relationships that involve diapers/whatever since. People deserve to be treated with dignity, and it's a shame that your parents chose not to pursue that path.

@jboarder64L : your story is almost a comedy of errors! Be happy! Have fun!

I have never had someone "find out" that I didn't want knowing (as far as I know). But I also never had a stash of dips until I was on my own. I also follow the "only tell people who need to know" maxim, since under no circumstances do I want to discuss what gets me off with family members or 93% of my friends. Everyone I told was either cool with it, open to it, not open to it but ultimately tried it anyway, or kinda into it.

5 hours ago, ragtime said:

@Reine Sevia and @supernerd222: Those reactions are utterly fucked. As a father, I cannot imagine reacting to something that is essentially trivial and harmless and private with such rage and lack of understanding. I hope that you've been able to have excellent and fulfilling relationships that involve diapers/whatever since. People deserve to be treated with dignity, and it's a shame that your parents chose not to pursue that path.

@jboarder64L : your story is almost a comedy of errors! Be happy! Have fun!

I have never had someone "find out" that I didn't want knowing (as far as I know). But I also never had a stash of dips until I was on my own. I also follow the "only tell people who need to know" maxim, since under no circumstances do I want to discuss what gets me off with family members or 93% of my friends. Everyone I told was either cool with it, open to it, not open to it but ultimately tried it anyway, or kinda into it.

My parents hurt my self-esteem long ago. I wasn't perfect or like my brother. People always treated me different and everything that was wrong with me. They never saw the positive, they always reflected on my negative actions.

15 minutes ago, KingKong-IL said:

Wow... I'm glad I never never told anyone. I always kinda just knew from a young age not to talk about this at all so I kept it to myself and life worked out.

Its a good thing you did. Most people expect support when they tell.(Atm one person does support me and offers to buy me diapers. Who would of thought of that) But People like that are hard to come around.

My parents found out just a few months ago. They were perfectly fine with it, because everybody has their kinky side. I can do wathever I want in my diaper because they do whatever they want in their bed. We are a lot more open now and talk about those things on a more regular basis. I was very paranoid because I heard of so many stories like  you guys have experienced it. You can´t imagine what weight fell from my heart as I heard them say they are fine with it. I am very glad to have such parents.

13 hours ago, hiding said:

I feel ashamed about this myself tbh so I'd hide it from my parents and friends for as long as possible 

I hear ya. I was incredibly ashamed and it took a lot of work. The best thing you can do is just accept that this is apart of you and just keep it to yourself until a potential partner comes along. That's basically what I did but the important part is accepting it first. That step is crucial because if a potential girl/boyfriend doesn't accept you, then you're left in ruins and feel like you'll die alone. If you have the self confidence first, rejection because of your fetish won't sting as much as it would otherwise.

All of this is easier said than done and it took me until I was around 16ish to get myself in order enough to feel comfortable sharing it with someone then, a few months after my 17th birthday, I met the girl I've been with and the rest is history. She's going back to college and I'm almost halfway done. God willing, we'll be moving far away from where we live now to start our lives and maybe have a proper ABDL relationship. Trust me, it gets better. You just need that first step.

I'm fairly lucky to have my moms. They were fine with me crossdressing and then becoming transgender. And were fine with paying for my diapers as a part of my allowance.

Unfortunately, I haven't any luck with dating. My first ex was alright with it but overall lacked the "kink" required to keep me interested. My last was not okay with me being an ABDL and constantly teased me for it but wasn't hostile at the bear minimum. And finally, my current "friend with benefits" has OCD so that really makes me want to break apart as he is really not alright with the diapers because of that. He also tends to not be that kinky either despite saying that he is. Nice friend to have much like my first ex but not really that great as anything more "serious."

Edited by Dark Star (see edit history)

Without pointing any fingers, and just in general a response to multiple things I've seen in this thread: 

I need to state that my own personal opinion is that it's just weird as all hell to tell anyone other than the person who you are romantically or sexually involved with about a fetish. Family, friends, trusted individuals, none of them need to know. 

I think I could mayyybe understand a rare special exception with the very closest of friends where it's more mentioned as a part of a larger conversation/topic but not continuously brought up into the future and remains otherwise private. 

Just as I have no clue what my friends get off to, and I don't want to know: I don't believe they want to know what I get off to either and I have no wishes to try to tell them anyway. I'd imagine anyone else trying to force this in any conversation doesn't really understand social norms for these kinds of topics .-. 

Edited by FallingDusk
unnecessary swearing reduced significantly (see edit history)

Mom - She was having issues related to alcoholism at the time. She humiliated me and called me a freak. She did not "disown" me as a son or do anything super drastic. But she definitely thought I was weird, and she made it known. Today, she is very accepting of it and totally nonjudgmental. I was 15 when she found out. I'm 24 now. She found out because my carelessness in leaving diapers out as a teenager.

Dad - Wanted to know nothing about it. Simply looked the other way and pretended as if he hadn't heard a thing. It seemed as though he didn't want to admit to himself that his son had a kinky fetish. Almost as if he wouldn't accept me for it. We have never brought it up since. We have a pretty good relationship otherwise. I voluntarily told him earlier this year after us sharing a psychedelic experience.

Hi Everyone,

Im new to this forum, but find this topic very intriguing. I wear due to nerve damage, but also because I'm a DL and I enjoy it. I have told my mum that I wear for my medical condition, my parents aren't anything our of the ordinary but know they would not accept it as a fetish.

However my Girlfriend and mother of my child accepts it as a fetish and she even wears at night with me. She considers it as a huge part of an amazing sex life, as have my last two partners.

In short...I find it easier to tell partners than I would my parents, friends or siblings.

Matt

P.S I have managed to convince five previous partners to wear nappies and use them, girls are lazy and will always like the fact of wearing to bed to use, the intrigue on the sexual front is down to the individual and I don't understand why men are so scared to confront this.

Well it's not everyday your son/daughter goes around wearing diapers after toilet training. Some confusion/horror is acceptable. Not the overreacting and disowning that sometimes happens but  a level of confusion is allowed. This IS weird and abnormal and you and I react the same way over things that are weird or abnormal to us. Sexuality is an individual thing and while I do believe that we should include fetish AWARENESS (note awareness) in some capacity during sex ed class, it's slightly different to just expect a parent to roll with those punches right out of the gate because that, to me, comes across as not taking any interest in the things your child likes.