Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

How are you doing everyone?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, Flower said:

I have an amazing job and great partner but trying for a baby is really taking its toll. It's been 18 months plus and still no pregnancy. I have pcos :( so I feel like shit about that most of the time

It took us 8 years to get our first. Then 2 & 3 in quick succession. Children come when they're ready, and worrying about it doesn't help a bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I'm in a weird double-limbo at the moment;

Firstly I'm waiting for the institute to process my application to be a chartered accountant, so I'm not quite chartered yet, and not a student anymore, but will be chartered just as soon as they process everything...

Secondly work has given me the shove, but because it was due to pettiness on behalf of my manager and her boss boss rather than any legitimate fault on my behalf I'm getting a nice shiny payoff so I don't take them to tribunal for unfair dismissal... So now I'm jobless and gotta go jobhunting soon, but can't get a new job until the payoff comes through... and I'm going to be fairly well-off soon but at the moment I gotta reign in my spending... and I'm enormously pissed off at my manager and boss, and work in general for what they've done, but also quite happy because the payoff means I'm going to come out on top as a result and I'm at a stage in my career when lots of people move jobs, and my specific experience means I should be very well placed to get a good new job so prospects are good, BUT then I get really quite depressed when I'm not working...

AMBIGUOUS, that's the word! I am both Angry and depressed, happy and sad, and struggling to figure out what the hell I am!

Mind you, the payoff from work means I've been able to buy Anduril (LOTR sword) and also commission an Omo piece of art from LaydeeKaze so silver linings and all that!!