Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Anti-rape panties (not in production yet)

It's seriously fucked up that this kind of thing is needed and I completely understand if you want to wear these for the intended purposes, though more importantly we should strive for a society where these are not needed. We should be actively teaching all men not to rape instead of all women to actively avoid rape. And this is kind of dangerous in medical emergencies since apparently in those cases you need a whole team to remove this AS WELL as a conscious wearer who can open it. Anyway, I feel kind of bad for making this immediate connection but I guess you're all thinking what I'm thinking anyway; what happens when you really need to go? :wink:  

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/femail/video-1065613/Anti-rape-underwear-aims-deter-attackers.html

Would love to try these out. They're not in production yet according to their indiegogo page (last update 10 months ago) so too bad for now, but it's something to keep in mind for future reference :) 

There needs to be some sort of filter on this site so this thread can't be posted every week.

Anyway before the inevitable derailment and admin removal, here's the gist of it.

1: They are very easy to remove by the person wearing them. No confused drunk wettings.

2: Medical tools will cut through them like a lightsaber through butter.

3: ZgwIASL.gif

1 hour ago, TheGreatNobody said:

It's seriously fucked up that this kind of thing is needed ... We should be actively teaching all men not to rape instead of all women to actively avoid rape. 

LOL

No.  We should teach all women not to assume all men are rapists just because they are men, that's horridly sexist.

We shouldn't assume as men, that we are rapists, just because some sexist people want us to believe it.

This world really is fucked up.

This (meaning the Omorashi General section) really isn't the place for politics. I'd advise TheGreatNobody not to post about sensitive or hotly debated topics like rape politics in this forum section. On a personal note, it feels just a bit creepy when you go straight from that to applying it to omorashi...

6 hours ago, Bulge_Lover said:

1: They are very easy to remove by the person wearing them. No confused drunk wettings.

2: Medical tools will cut through them like a lightsaber through butter.

It's easy to do IF you get the combination right, and they seem harder to get out of than normal pants. I'd think that, since zippers can even pose trouble when you really need to go, I'd think that could pose a problem. Anyway, I'm also interested in how this fabric would deal with it. Also, it's not necessarily about drunk wettings, but more about doing watersports with it yourself or with someone you know, 'forgetting' the combination and stuff :happy:. But I didn't really clear that up in my first post so I understand why you'd think I meant that. 

This is what the producers said about your second point:

MEDICAL EMERGENCY REMOVAL: AR Wear presents a barrier that is designed to prevent pulling and to delay cutting attempts. Emergency Room personnel or EMT’s could immediately cut away the sections of the garments that are not cut-resistant in order to reach and treat wounds. They would have the combined benefit of team work, the cooperation of the wearer, and various cutting implements to then safely remove the skeletal structure.

So they do need a team and a wearer that cooperates. There's not always a team available in case of an emergency. Indeed, you don't need the combination if there is something to cut it with, that's slightly better than how I interpreted this problem at first. 

5 hours ago, puddlezz said:

No.  We should teach all women not to assume all men are rapists just because they are men, that's horridly sexist.

We shouldn't assume as men, that we are rapists, just because some sexist people want us to believe it.

This world really is fucked up.

Yeah, nowhere did anyone claim people should assume all men are rapists. It seems like horribly sexist to feel so attacked by this that you immediately think that, like this is something you immediately feel attacked about. All you need to know is that some men are rapist, and those get rapier when drunk themselves or with drunk people. That's enough reason to feel unsafe when going out. You are really grasping at straws if you think that the existence of anti-rape panties or the idea that we should teach men not to rape automatically means 'all men are rapists'. That's really some strange logic. A universe where all men are rapists is not the minimum requirement for this. As a man myself, I know this and I don't know any person who assumes all men are rapists. Please look up what a strawman is and think about why this is one. 

3 hours ago, Raiden S. said:

This (meaning the Omorashi General section) really isn't the place for politics. I'd advise TheGreatNobody not to post about sensitive or hotly debated topics like rape politics in this forum section. On a personal note, it feels just a bit creepy when you go straight from that to applying it to omorashi...

I didn't mean for this to be political, it was just meant to be about the AR panties but for me, it felt creepy to apply omo to something that was specifically designed to deal with rape, and to just ignore that. I thought context was needed, before talking about these panties in another non-rape context, for doing holds yourself or something to make things harder or just act like it makes things harder. Without context, it would feel like I was removing the intention of the makers of these and the underlying problems that causes people to feel so unsafe they feel they need them. Anyway, for you this can feel different, that's just my reasoning for first talking about the original goal of the panties. 

Since apparently this is a well known thing here ("There needs to be some sort of filter on this site so this thread can't be posted every week."), and this seems to just derail into bickering, I'll close the topic. There's enough of that in the world already. I didn't know this is posted so often, I've never seen a topic about this here as far as I can remember so I assumed it wasn't common knowledge. I did not think to look it up before so sorry for that. 

Edited by TheGreatNobody (see edit history)