Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What do you prefer, amateur selfies or professional portraits?

Earlier today I was reflecting upon some of the photo galleries that I've put together for HD Wetting.  Originally, photography on the site was almost an after thought, with all the effort going towards the videos.  Over the years, however, I have decided that if I am going to bother featuring photography on the site, I am going to put effort into it.  Looking at some of the early photo sets on the site, I think you can really see the difference when you compare with some of our most recent work.

However, I also like to have variety on the site, not just with the videos, but photos as well.  This has lead to us doing all manner of photo shoots, from intimate sets in a bedroom, to outdoor portraits, studio shoots, and even publishing selfies that the girls have taken with their cell phones.

Just a little bit ago I published a selfie gallery that Sosha did herself with her phone.  In looking through the images, I appreciated the intimate feeling that you get with an amateur selfie.  It doesn't feel produced, rather it is just a set of images like anyone who is into wetting might take.  This, to me, helps create a certain feeling of authenticity. However, I also notice all the technical shortcomings of such images.  Amateur, cell phone selfies, taken under fluorescent bathroom lights, lack the same depth and quality of a more professionally produced portrait set.

Rather than simply consider these ideas silently inside my head, I pose the question to you- What style do you prefer?  Amateur selfies or professional portraits?  For reference, I attached some examples of each, both recent from HD Wetting and both featuring Sosha.

bathroom-selfies-1.jpg

bathroom-selfies-2.jpg

bathroom-selfies-3.jpg

bathroom-selfies-4.jpg

attitude-1.jpg

attitude-2.jpg

attitude-3.jpg

attitude-4.jpg

The selfies stress me out a little—the fact that they are in a gallery detracts from the authenticity they might gain from being "unproduced." They would seem more authentic if they were part of a blog written by the model or something.

The portraits are fine, but you know what I think would be really cool: fine art photography. Not that you or anyone has time for that, but I would love to see how my favorite photographers would do/would have done wetting pix: Robert Mapplethorpe, William Eggleston, Sally Mann, Joel-Peter Witkin, etc. In other words, I'd like to see photographs done with an eye toward both studium and punctum.

I think as long as the actor is good, it doesn't matter. If the model is doing amateur selfies, their expressions often come off more genuine because they're sharing something naughty that they're doing for fun. Meanwhile, the professional shoots tend to lack that since the model could be more nervous, uncomfortable, etc. I've seen some really great professional photoshoots that give off the same fun vibe that selfies tend to, and some photoshoots that are aesthetically pleasing but the model doesn't seem into it. It all just depends.

Ideally, professional shoots with good lighting and composition, while also having a model clearing into whats happening, is best. But those aren't the most common.

• 2 weeks later...

The way I see it is that the selfies feel more genuine, more human, and so they are often better at conveying emotion and cuteness the way a photo shoot can't quite cut it. However, anyone can take a selfie nowadays, while those professional, beautiful shots are rarer since they take more time and money to produce.

I think they key to either is natural poses and genuine expressions. I would be careful not to do too much 'for the shot', as it can result in a bland albeit aesthetic photo.

14 hours ago, m3rmaid said:

I prefer the amateur for the same reason, it feels more real plus you know the person enjoys it. If the person does not genuinely enjoy it then neither can I.

that's right! the best orgasms i ever had were not from videos, but from chatting with girls who talked about their fetish. it feels intimate and i get to feel really close to a girl who opens her secrets to me like that.