Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Post a meme a day thread

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took me a bit, but I finished Spider-Man on PS4. What a fantastic game. It's fun to play, if overwraught with busy work like every open world game. I was enjoying it enough that I considered getting everything, but I think I wisely decided against it. Got every backpack, every landmark photo, every Black Cat stakeout, and enough tokens to buy every suit mod, fully upgrade every gadget, and buy a healthy selection of suits. Of course, the suits don't matter much when nostalgia meant I had to choose the Raimi suit, which is available at the start for free. I'd also like to give a special shoutout to the voice acting; the story is nothing new (anybody who knows anything about Spider-Man sees "Dr. Otto Octavius" and knows exactly where that's leading), and the pacing is strange (the game itself is on the long side for my liking, partially because I immediately followed up the main story with all the DLC), but the voices always make it entertaining and engaging. Yuri Lowenthal is my favorite voice actor, I love hearing his work, but after a while, I stopped hearing Yuri Lowenthal, and was only hearing Spider-Man, he fits into the role so well. It's not an expensive game now, given that it's one of the best-selling games on the platform (it was on a good sale, admittedly, but I got the Game of the Year Edition for $20), and there's a...contested PS5 remaster, so if you haven't played it, play it.

928.png

And even after being tired of playing it once it was done, I still really want to watch all the Spider-Man movies I own.