Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Is Donald Trump into watersports?

I assume we've all seen the news by now. And I hate to bring more undue attention to the one insignificant detail that's already dominating the discussion in this extremely concerning scandal. However, I'm going to anyway. As of me posting this, the documents posted by Buzzfeed haven't been verified, but the base story that the President-Elect of the United States was manipulated and blackmailed by Russia is looking pretty truthy at this point.

Watersports, huh? After all the outrageous things he's said and done, he lets himself be blackmailed about hiring prostitutes to pee on each other?

This is a really weird time to be alive.

On 1/11/2017 at 7:37 AM, Vena Sera said:

Appears to be a fake story originally fabricated by 4chan users though.

This is the case. It was written with the intent of sending it to anti-trump activists on social media to see who would take the bait and rage about it to their followers the most...

Personally, I find this absolutely hilarious. Another job well done anons lmao...

Edited by HPattern (see edit history)
On 1/11/2017 at 7:37 AM, Vena Sera said:

Appears to be a fake story originally fabricated by 4chan users though.

Then again, iirc 4chan made feminists wet themselves once

I'm going to go ahead and say that no, 4chan users did not circulate or fabricate the memo, which may or may not have any truth to it. Here's a long explanation why: http://gizmodo.com/4chan-idiots-claim-they-invented-the-trump-piss-report-1791067589.

Also, no feminists fell for the 4chan wetting prank either: http://www.dailydot.com/irl/piss-for-equality-4chan/.

6 hours ago, HPattern said:

This is the case. It was written with the intent of sending it to anti-trump activists on social media to see who would take the bait and rage about it to their followers the most...

Personally, I find this absolutely hilarious. Another job well done anons lmao...

6 hours ago, ragtime said:

More of an opinion piece than an evidence-based explanation. The article you linked simply argues that a 4chan user starting this is highly unlikely, and therefore isn't true... Props for linking to a generally well-regarded tech-site though, although one of the author's recent stories, entitled "Snow Monkey Fucks Deer" (yes, seriously...), also published on Gizmodo (which is apparently now a hybrid Tech News/Japanese Wildlife Fornication website), doesn't convince me of his journalistic and investigatory aptitude.

Obviously, I have no evidence one way or the other, but in the lack of tangible evidence of the alleged events, or even any specific accusations from the CIA (e.g. a specific hotel/neighborhood, a date-range, or even just an actual city...), I'm far from convinced.

Ultimately, I'm just surprised that this inconsequential nonsense is what actually gets attention from people. We've been quietly sending tanks and troops to the Russian border for months now to provoke a conflict, with nobody bating an eye, but the second BuzzFeed reports Trump hired hookers once in a foreign country, everyone flips their shit! It doesn't make any sense...

Edited by HPattern
Comma (see edit history)
4 hours ago, KozmoFox said:

I saw TOOOOOONS that fell for it. I'm surprised you didn't either, given the nature of this site. There was quite a few instances circulating.

I did see tons of instances, but all of them were from brand new twitter accounts and the pictures from models. Here is the discussion about it from this very site:

At first it seemed promising, but the more people looked at it, the more it was just a failed prank. And on a site like this, a little wishful thinking goes a long way!

48 minutes ago, HPattern said:

More of an opinion piece than an evidence-based explanation. The article you linked simply argues that a 4chan user starting this is highly unlikely, and therefore isn't true... Props for linking to a generally well-regarded tech-site though, although one of the author's recent stories, entitled "Snow Monkey Fucks Deer" (yes, seriously...), also published on Gizmodo (which is apparently now a hybrid Tech News/Japanese Wildlife Fornication website), doesn't convince me of his journalistic and investigatory aptitude.

Obviously, I have no evidence one way or the other, but in the lack of tangible evidence of the alleged events, or even any specific accusations from the CIA (e.g. a specific hotel/neighborhood, a date-range, or even just an actual city...), I'm far from convinced.

Ultimately, I'm just surprised that this inconsequential nonsense is what actually gets attention from people. We've been quietly sending tanks and troops to the Russian border for months now to provoke a conflict, with nobody bating an eye, but the second BuzzFeed reports Trump hired hookers once in a foreign country, everyone flips their shit! It doesn't make any sense...

I'm not making a case for whether the memo is true. There is a lot of things that make one suspect that there are errors or outright falsehoods in that document. And the salacious aspect should be the least concerning aspect of that memo if all of it were true. I'm just saying that no serious journalistic outlet (or well-regarded but includes some silly stuff) has time for the idea that 4chan trolled the CIA.

Look at both narratives side-by-side—either a 4chan user made up a briefing and sent it to a journalist who didn't report on it but sent it to random other people eventually resulting in the CIA getting it or Trump opponents (both Ds and Rs) hired a firm for oppo research, which hired ex-spy Christopher Steele to gather info on Russian connections, and armed with that info, gave it to different people including FBI and nobody could prove anything. One is simple but utterly implausible and other is convoluted but could actually happen. Why would a bunch of Trump supporters make up a memo that portrays him in the worst possible light just to rile up his opponents? If this report is a work of fiction (and it might be!), surely it would be Trump opponents who penned it. And if the CIA or FBI thought some random person wrote this, and despite being incredibly powerful and well-funded, were still fooled, wouldn't they just round this person up now and question them?

30 minutes ago, ragtime said:

...Why would a bunch of Trump supporters make up a memo that portrays him in the worst possible light just to rile up his opponents? If this report is a work of fiction (and it might be!), surely it would be Trump opponents who penned it...

If you've been on imageboards for a while (as I have, mostly on the robots board on 8chan, at least until /pol invaded, a few threads got deleted, shit hit the fan, Pantsu bailed, Hip took over but couldn't save it, and Pantsu ended up nuking the whole board...), or if you watched CNN during the LulzSec campaign, you should know the phrase "for the lulz". These guys aren't concerned with making Trump look bad, they're just stirring the pot for the hell of it, and the more seriously people take it, the better it gets!

These guys aren't political operatives, or canvassers trying to get him elected or to up his approval ratings. These are people who revel in the controversy, and want nothing more than to polarize his presidency as far as possible, if only to increase the perceived gradient between them (the right side), and everyone else (the wrong side), making them all the more righteous, painting the opposition as further and further away from the middle, making them the unreasonable ones in their eyes.

Yes, it's unlikely, and the whole document is probably fake, making the point moot. But I don't think it's *quite* as crazy as it seems...

4 hours ago, HPattern said:

We've been quietly sending tanks and troops to the Russian border for months now to provoke a conflict, with nobody bating an eye

More like for years. tl;dr: when NATO started to push eastwards after the collapse of the Soviet Union, people were disturbed, but thought that we can be friends. When NATO attacked and destroyed Yugoslavia, everyone freaked out and most people realized that Russia will eventually be the next on its hit list. The last doubts were cleared when Bush and his cronies invaded Iraq. ColinPowell.jpg.