Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

[Poll] Is it ok to pee in the pool?

is it ok to pee in a public pool? probably not.

realistically, though, they are and always will be full of strangers fluids. the best way to avoid that is to stay home.

i ALWAYS went in the pool as a young child because i was too shy to get out and walk to the bathroom by myself and frequently didnt make it when i tried. if i ever felt the urge when i was poolside id rush into the water to take care of it. so i've been conditioned that way for a long time and find it hard not to pee automatically whenever im underwater. if i even notice it before im doing it, i have to give in within a couple of seconds or it gets extremely difficult to hold and i cant force myself to bother.

which is how i ruin a lot of hot baths for myself.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What I like to do is actually wet my dry swimsuit just before jumping in the pool.

C - Only in a private pool.  And even then, it should be your pool where you are the one who will have to deal with the consequences of it.  On top of that, you shouldn't then share the pool with peop

C: Why would you do it in a Public Pool? It would be incredibly disgusting for anybody not into Omorashi(Which I'd imagine is the vast majority of the human race).  You'd make the pool more disgu

I'm actually quite impressed with the number people leaning towards not peeing in a public pool. Good on you, omo.org.

C or G

I do not agree with the notion of peeing in a public pool at all, mostly because I oppose the notion of performing illegal or socially unacceptable acts merely because it is inconvenient for you to do otherwise. It's no different from peeing in or on any other piece of public property simply because you won't get caught.

So I just watched the video posted by PrincessEmilia and basically what I took from that is that peeing in the pool is the main cause of the traditional swimming pool smell... I frikkin LOVE that! :grin: The idea that the smell of a swimming pool, which to be fair is quite an evocative smell and kinda exciting if you enjoy swimming, is in actual fact a direct result of all the people peeing in it is kinda hilarious to me! :tongue:

And it does acknowledge the fact that a large proportion of people clearly do pee in the pool, Omo or not, so I think it's quite possible that the poll results here are more indicative of Omo enthusiasts being a lot more aware of it because of our interests and therefore reluctant to impose on other people despite the fact of its negligible impact, where a lot of non-Omo-folk just wouldn't think of it as an issue...

3 hours ago, LunasAuditor said:

So I just watched the video posted by PrincessEmilia and basically what I took from that is that peeing in the pool is the main cause of the traditional swimming pool smell... I frikkin LOVE that! :grin: The idea that the smell of a swimming pool, which to be fair is quite an evocative smell and kinda exciting if you enjoy swimming, is in actual fact a direct result of all the people peeing in it is kinda hilarious to me! :tongue:

And it does acknowledge the fact that a large proportion of people clearly do pee in the pool, Omo or not, so I think it's quite possible that the poll results here are more indicative of Omo enthusiasts being a lot more aware of it because of our interests and therefore reluctant to impose on other people despite the fact of its negligible impact, where a lot of non-Omo-folk just wouldn't think of it as an issue...

Wait, really? The general public probably doesn't know that and probably wouldn't care, they'd still reject it, I'd imagine. People around my area talk about how disgusting peeing in the pool is all the time, they tell me never to try and drink it.   I don't know where you're living where peeing in a public pool beyond the age of 5 is considered socially acceptable.  Just because a lot of people do it doesn't make it ok. Try peeing in a public pool next summer near a crowd, see what happens. 9 times outta ten, they're gonna freak out. And if you don't go near a crowd,  people who see your little pee cloud are probably going to avoid you.

Edited by Cookie V.3 (see edit history)

Oh I know it's not considered socially acceptable and most non-omo people will object, but it's the sort of thing I imagine a lot of people tend to do out of laziness and because they know that no-one notices (like the video said the average pool always contains a certain amount of pee and there's not enough of us Omo types for it to be just us doing it!), and then they act much more repulsed by it in part because they're ashamed at themselves for doing it too... I peed in the pool many times before I even knew I was into Omo, I always hated having to climb out and get all cold and it wasted my fun time in the pool...

And 10 times out of 10 when I've peed in a public pool there have been other people around and no-one ever noticed a thing - any difference in temperature evens out after a few seconds tops, and when you're in the pool you're usually pretty well hydrated so your pee isn't going to be yellow enough to show. And like I've said the sheer volume of water in even a small swimming pool makes one bladder's-worth (or even several) have an absolutely negligible effect.

I agree it's not great in principle, but in practical terms it's something that happens and has so little impact that I figure there's not much point worrying about it...

2 hours ago, LunasAuditor said:

Oh I know it's not considered socially acceptable and most non-omo people will object, but it's the sort of thing I imagine a lot of people tend to do out of laziness and because they know that no-one notices (like the video said the average pool always contains a certain amount of pee and there's not enough of us Omo types for it to be just us doing it!), and then they act much more repulsed by it in part because they're ashamed at themselves for doing it too... I peed in the pool many times before I even knew I was into Omo, I always hated having to climb out and get all cold and it wasted my fun time in the pool...

And 10 times out of 10 when I've peed in a public pool there have been other people around and no-one ever noticed a thing - any difference in temperature evens out after a few seconds tops, and when you're in the pool you're usually pretty well hydrated so your pee isn't going to be yellow enough to show. And like I've said the sheer volume of water in even a small swimming pool makes one bladder's-worth (or even several) have an absolutely negligible effect.

I agree it's not great in principle, but in practical terms it's something that happens and has so little impact that I figure there's not much point worrying about it...

Wow, you actually made that seem valid. Still, I really don't agree, I'm into pee and all, but swimming in it sounds a little disgusting even if it does have little impact. I don't think stuff like that is going to change at the same time though, and it probably won't bother me in the long run.

16 minutes ago, Cookie V.3 said:

Wow, you actually made that seem valid. Still, I really don't agree, I'm into pee and all, but swimming in it sounds a little disgusting even if it does have little impact. I don't think stuff like that is going to change at the same time though, and it probably won't bother me in the long run.

Fair enough, I get your PoV and I agree it's a bit gross but I've developed a "who gives a damn" kind of attitude, keenly developed over many years of screwing up my life, which I apply to the whole question! :wink:

Ethically speaking , only if it's an emergency and there are no toilets around. Private pools are actually a bit worse because the chemicals aren't being monitored as closely by professional staff. Pee makes pool monitoring jobs 10 times harder. I pee in the pool every time I get in though. I do have a system where I pee a little disperse it swim and repeat until I'm empty but its a bad habit. (I do pee in the toilet before I start swimming). I never get caught. Its really uncomfortable to have to hold it at all in a pool for me and something about swimming makes my bladder fill faster than normal. Gross, I know. Bad for the pool chem, I know. Dangerous for the health of others, I know. I kind of don't care though which makes me kind of a bad person. This has nothing to do with the fetish for me though. I've been doing it since I was very young. Someone needs to put me in swim diapers lol.

C - Private only, and probably only if its just you or other people who have said they are ok with it.

I understand that its probably quite harmless and in larger pools will have a tiny net effect, but I feel its just the principle really. The idea of deliberately peeing in a shared body of water when you could quite easily go to the toilet just feels wrong to me, its putting your bodily functions into a shared space without permission from others. However, its not like I have any strong feelings towards people that do.

I've never done it deliberately as far as I know, but I do remember one time when I was about 12 where I accidently did do so. I had been playing with someone who had come up to stay and rarely saw, and we were at a pool with our parents. I needed to pee pretty bad but was putting off going to continue having fun and at some point I decided to jump into the pool - the force of me landing in the water made me abruptly start peeing hard and I let a sizable amount out before regaining control. I felt pretty self concious and embarrassed despite nobody noticing at all what had happened and swam away to another part of the pool to try and distance myself from the barely noticeable evidence!

I am very rarely in pools.

Back in time, before I discover my peeing pants habits, I was in swimming school. I always jumping out of the water when I have the slightest urge to pee. I was to shy using the urinals and always going into the stall to pee there. One day I don't bother to lower my bathing slip and I was just peeing through it! What a naughty feeling as a little boy! After a while I realise, I was the only person in my swim course who used the toilet this often.

So my final answer is: E

• 3 weeks later...
On April 9, 2017 at 2:33 PM, Fred46888 said:

I wouldn't purposely pee in a pool, but if I had to pee seriously enough for it to be distracting, I probably would let go.  Although urine is usually harmless, any stray pathogen will be killed by the chlorine in a properly-maintained pool.  However, there are also minerals and other substances that would not be removed by most filters, and over time there would be a gradual buildup if people pee there often.  

To add to my previous response, I guess I would ask the same question as I would regarding peeing at someone else's (or public) property:  Would I do this at my own home?  The answer for pools would be as stated above, but the question applies to peeing in the bushes near someone's yard (yes, I would), or on floors, carpeting, or any furniture (no, I would not!).  

• 5 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...
Guest Simpfan4

G -- only if it's your own pool and anyone else there is okay with you doing so. I'm allergic to chlorine so you won't often find me in a pool, and you'll never find my pee in one.

I'll go with A, simply because most people pee in the pool, and there's no real way to stop anyone from doing it, so why hold back? Chlorine is there to help and everyone knows to shower after swimming in the pool to get of the chlorine and other stuff. If im gonna have to swim in other people's pee, why would I go trough the trouble to get out of the pool to find a bathroom? Much more convenient to just add to it and enjoy my time in the water, its kinda something you gotta be ready for when you go to a public pool haha.
Only instance I wouldn't pee in the pool is when im in someone else's private pool, a lot of people i know dont chlorinate their own pool because they dont use it much, and dont pee in it, so obviously i wouldnt go out of my way to pee in someone else's pool. My own pool tho obviously id pee in it haha, i chlorinate it with that in mind hehe.
I think its only fair to say that peeing in the pool is a taboo thats secretly kinda socially accepted as long as no one is open about it, so pee away folks, not like anything is stopping you (and not like most swimmers have a good moral compass when it comes to peeing in the pool anyway :P)

I saw someone at the beginning mention you should let people that enter your pool know if they're okay with it being peed, I personally do it another way, last time i had friends over at my pool i didnt tell them i peed in it, but i did tell them they could pee in it and it was fine, giving them a chance to make it fair i guess *giggle*

On 4/16/2017 at 7:08 PM, LunasAuditor said:

This right here ^^^ its very difficult to tell someone is peeing in the pool unless you know the behavioral pattern of someone who's peeing in the pool, like looking down at their swimwear if they're being very obvious haha, and yeah its true that compared to the volume of the water, people peeing will hardly have a big effect, the only thing it might hurt is the thought you're gonna be swimming in a bit of other people's pee