Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Question to Adults Who Bedwet as Teens

I have wet my bed since I was 11 years old and still do from time to time at 19, My Mother knew between 11 and 12 and had me wear pull ups to bed, but after going from doctor to doctor for about a year and finding nothing wrong, My Step-Father was trying to put it in my Mom's head I was doing it on purpose, and after about a month or so of him pretty much bullying Me and My siblings joining in, I just started to hide it. I used headphones and my phone to wake me up half an hour before my clock went off, and I would just slip into a dry pull up before anyone knew i was awake and not too long after my Mom and Step-Father thought I just grew out of it.

I was a genuine bedwetter growing up and fucking hated it until I stopped, then missed it. The messed up psychology of mankind eh. I have an older sister and guess I was lucky in that she also had wetting issues, more during the day than at night, so (AFAIK!) it was always dealt with at home and the embarrassment was minimal. I am 100% sure our combined issues are what lead me to this fetish.

I wore nappies to bed regularly up to about 11 (start of high school in the UK) but came out of them before I'd stopped completely, albeit it was getting better. Changing sheets at 12 ish was the worst, as it was clear to my family whenever it happened and even within that closed environment I felt a deep sense of shame. That was when I first wanted to wear, prior to that it was part of the humiliation that I hated, but now I missed their security.

• 1 month later...

I wet from I think the age of about 5 to 13. It stopped around second year of middle school for me. My mother was understanding. It annoyed my dad whenever he would have to deal with it. I wet nightly and always leaked through my pullup badly. It was almost like I wasn't using a pullup. I got so sick of laundy I'd often kind of just let my accident dry and put another blanket over the top so I could continue using it. I only had one problem at a sleepover but luckily it was a field trip where my parent's were chaperoning. They took my wet sheets to a laundromat. 

They tried to get me to wear adult diapers but I was completely distraught even thinking about wearing them. I should have worn them looking back. It would have saved me and them a lot of energy.

They tried a dry night reward chart but I only got 1 sticker. They dropped the idea when they realized I really had no control. 

At one other sleepover I had a friend mention the crinkle sounds. I claimed it was a tag on my pjs but I'm not sure she bought it.

Edited by MangaKitten (see edit history)

Do you class 19 as an adult age? 

If so, I had multiple bladder issues when I grew up... One of them was that I had a type of Incontence (can't remember which one), every night for around a year I woke up in wet sheets. I was in kindergarten around then... After that year, they decided placed me in diapers 24/7. Every night after that I woke up in wet padding, but it was better than wet clothes and sheets... 

Edited by [Insert Omo] (see edit history)
  • 2 weeks later...

I wet almost every night until I was about 12 I think and wore diapers for it. I then continued to wet like 2 or 3 times a week until I was 16. I HATED wetting the bed when it was happening. I used to fight my mom every night to not be padded until I realized it was way better to wake up in a wet diaper than a wet bed! 

On 12/26/2016 at 0:03 PM, ian flemming said:

I had a cousin who was always a bed wetter,  it was odd his mom ( my aunt through marriage) was crazy. She had this paranoia on her son being dehydrated so she was constantly pushing water . 

Think 12-14 ...12oz classes a day . 

And she made him drink one prior to bed.

then scold him for wetting . Very frustrating to watch . 

On 12/26/2016 at 0:03 PM, ian flemming said:

I had a cousin who was always a bed wetter,  it was odd his mom ( my aunt through marriage) was crazy. She had this paranoia on her son being dehydrated so she was constantly pushing water . 

Think 12-14 ...12oz classes a day . 

And she made him drink one prior to bed.

then scold him for wetting . Very frustrating to watch . 

did          she make him hold it during the day too? how old was it when this was going on/?? coaches make us drink a lot and hold it too. my bladder was always really full in wrestling and football as well as track. its intense being tackled with a very full bladder in football games and practices. wrestling with it really full being squeezed around the waist a lot. i got used to holding it and doing sports with  bladder really full. and got to really enjoying the feeling of it being really full. love having my bladder pressed on when its full.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:58 AM, trackboy said:

did          she make him hold it during the day too? how old was it when this was going on/?? coaches make us drink a lot and hold it too. my bladder was always really full in wrestling and football as well as track. its intense being tackled with a very full bladder in football games and practices. wrestling with it really full being squeezed around the waist a lot. i got used to holding it and doing sports with  bladder really full. and got to really enjoying the feeling of it being really full. love having my bladder pressed on when its full.

During the day she would make him drink water untill his urine was clear ..

i think she was just crazy .

16 hours ago, ian flemming said:

No she didn't watch . But she would ask if his pee was clear.

how old was he?? maybe she was a wanna be       coach! our coaches make us drink a lot.

frankly gives me the creeps even talking about it

16 hours ago, ian flemming said:

No she didn't watch . But she would ask if his pee was clear.

frankly gives me the creeps even talking about it

• 4 years later...
On 2/15/2017 at 4:09 AM, rachelkirwan said:

But I think also that my sexualizing or fetishizing wetting and diapers were partly a way of gaining control over the accidents and something I could not otherwise control.

Yes. Or at least enjoyment is a lot better than feeling awful. Sometimes I think that now as an adult every time I wet for pleasure it cancels one of the times I wet and felt shame as a kid.

I don't remember how they reacted, but I do remember they tried to keep it secret from my brother, which didn't last very long since we shared a bedroom. It started again when I was 12, infrequently, becoming regular once I was 14. Something I recently found out that was never communicated to me back then was I had a type of injury or condition called codis equna? Pretty sure I misspelled it. I had surgery done to fix it, so my parents were concerned that the bladder control issues never went away. A friend I was talking to mentioned that sometimes people with the condition have to be retrained on how to use their bladder muscles, and I don't remember going through that. Could be a combination of the condition, my Asperger's, and a trend of my family's maternal side to have weak bladders.

My brother loves to tease me about it, though. Think it's adorable and funny when I have an accident.

17 hours ago, silvermoon said:

I don't remember how they reacted, but I do remember they tried to keep it secret from my brother, which didn't last very long since we shared a bedroom. It started again when I was 12, infrequently, becoming regular once I was 14. Something I recently found out that was never communicated to me back then was I had a type of injury or condition called codis equna? Pretty sure I misspelled it. I had surgery done to fix it, so my parents were concerned that the bladder control issues never went away. A friend I was talking to mentioned that sometimes people with the condition have to be retrained on how to use their bladder muscles, and I don't remember going through that. Could be a combination of the condition, my Asperger's, and a trend of my family's maternal side to have weak bladders.

My brother loves to tease me about it, though. Think it's adorable and funny when I have an accident.

What do you think of the teasing? So far it sounds like it's been good-natured and you don't mind. Is that correct?

Both my parents grew up wetting the bed, my mum did it till her very late teens. So it was only fitting that I waded into our gene pool from the very deepest end !! Fortunately having a mum who suffered more than her share of wet sheets, meant that she didn't want me waking uncomfortably  cold and smelly any more times than I had too. I guess being an only child does had some advantages. I wore bedwetting pants for really as long as I can remember, but even then I still sometimes managed to flood my bed. I learnt to wash sheets very early in life, but being totally spoilt I slept in a double bed which meant if I had to, and I actually managed to wake I could change my sopping nappies and jump into the other side. I never actually hated having to wear "special" pants and plastics. I was always given to option of wearing or not. Of course once I got to like the feeling of lovely warm pee pants around my bum I didn't want to stop wearing. I have no doubt that was probably a major contributing factor for why I still wet the bed.

Sleepovers were few and far between. I only really  went to sleep over at my cousins place, who was also a bedwetter so no major embarrassment there, however school camp was a different story. 

Unbeknown to us, a separate dorm was discreetly organised for those of us who couldn't remain dry at night. Mum went along as parent help so we managed to develop a system where I could leave my wet disposable in my vanity case after having my morning shower. Mum would secretly change it for a dry one during the day which I would change into when I went to clean my teeth, toilet etc before going to bed. 

I guess I was lucky to at least avoid the embarrassment of everyone in my class finding out I still wet my bed, peeing myself at school was bad enough !!         

• 2 weeks later...

I had accidental bed-wettings from around 11 to 14. Embarrassment kept me from informing my parents about it, and they only ended up actually finding out a year later.

Their reaction was generally just quite sympathetic. My dad was just like "oh no," and my mom had the main reaction, and sought for a solution. I don't know for sure, but from what I know of her reactions to me having issues with stuff both before and after it*, I imagine her thought process was something like; "Okay, so my son is bedwetting again. Something must be wrong but I don't know what. What do I do? I could buy diapers, but that feels like admitting it's an issue and I don't wanna do that to him. I'll get him a liquid-proof bed cover instead, and just won't tell him I put it on his bed."

I found out because when I was 12 I came home to my room one day and found my bed was made. I definitely didn't make my bed as a 12 year old so it was very suspicious. A brief investigation later I something covering the mattress under my usually mattress cover, found the tag, read the word waterproof and realized what had happened. I shrugged it off and continued to wet the bed in my sleep for another couple years.

Around the time I stopped having accidents in my sleep was the time I realized that I was actually into omo, so I continued to have "accidents" for a while longer, until I was 15.

*This is mainly based on how she reacts to me having mental health issues; "I acknowledge there is a problem but don't want to give you medication because that feels like admitting something is wrong to 'my baby.' Let's find a different solution" (a.k.a changes in diet, journaling, therapy without diagnosis, etc.)