Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

Office Holding Games

Hanna sighed as she stopped at a passing window. Truth be told, she hated being in a cubicle. It was by her parents' wishes that she quit art school for...this. They'd gotten her a job at the firm, and she'd been miserable the whole time. The boss was rude, the cubicle that she shared with another woman was cramped, the hours were long, and the work hurt her brain.

Realizing that she was daydreaming, she stepped away from the window overlooking the street and continued on her way to the kitchen. She needed coffee, that's all. Despite how lonely she got at the office, she still didn't enjoy conversing with her colleagues. A simple nod was all they deserved most mornings. Other then her cubicle mate, Jen, who was in a similar situation, Hanna didn't have many friends.

The blonde poured herself some joe just as when of her coworkers also approached the pot. He looked her up and down, grinning.

"Looking good today, baby."

"Same as always, John," she replied, sipping her coffee.

"Not with that outfit you're wearing."

"It's the uniform, John."

"Well, you look amazing in it."

"Real smooth, John. I'm gonna leave now."

The muscular man blocked her path. "Turning me down again, are we?" He seemed restless, fidgeting and shifting his weight.

Hanna shifted her legs. She remembered the other task she came down here for -- to take a much-needed pee.

"Appears so. Please move."

"And why would I do that?"

"Because I really need to take a piss and if you don't it will end up all over your shoes?" Hanna snapped. She saw a twinkle in the man's eyes. Oh god, why did she say that?

"Is that so? I actually have some questions on tonight's presentation." He grabbed her arm and dragged her into his nearby cubicle. He then sat her in a chair across from her. "Now, then...which graph to you prefer?"

"Er. What? The green one? Can I go now?"

"Let's see. How badly do you need to pee?"

"Badly," Hanna said, rubbing her thighs together beneath the table.

"Hmm. Well, I'm bursting, I haven't peed since last night," John said, looking quite red in the face. "Do you think you can hold it longer than I can? Don't worry, I'm desperate, you will surely win."

Hanna considered her options. She really needed to pee, but was really bored, and this is an interesting offer. "Deal. But we each have to drink a full water bottle and a coffee."

"You do it. I'm already dying for a pee."

Hanna sighed. "Fine, I'll drink the water bottle and the coffee if you drink just the water bottle. Deal?"

He smiled. "Sure. But you can't sit at the desk. I want to see this. Water chugging contest?"

"You're on."

"Wait! I have some diuretics in my desk. We each have to put a tablet in our water. But first, drink your coffee."

Hanna gulped down the rest of her coffee. She got a bit of a stomachache, but it wasn't so bad. John gave her the diuretic and she plopped it in her water bottle. He did the same. "1...2...3...CHUG!" They quickly downed their water bottles, agreeing that there was no clear winner.

~~~20 minutes later~~~

(Chapter 2 coming soon!)