Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

malefemale Memorable Accident (accidentally posted twice)

My most memorable accident occurred on stage at Carnegie hall. Yep. I wet myself on stage in the greatest music hall in the world. When I was in middle school, my orchestra won gold in a competition and were invited to play at a festival in Carnegie hall the next year. We flew to New York a 3 days before the performance. We did a lot of sightseeing in the first 2 days, while the 3rd was spent in the practice room. Then came the day of the concert. Things were pretty hectic backstage so I couldn't get to a bathroom before the performance. We were scheduled to play 4 songs. I struggled through the first 2 songs, but managed to hold it in. Then during the 3rd song, I started leaking. As soon as the song ended I grabbed my crotch hard. By then the spurts were getting long. I had managed to stop the leaks, but I knew that as soon as the conductor raised his arms, I would lose control. Well that's exactly what happened. As I raised my violin and bow with both arms, I lost all control and flooded my pants. We were wearing black tuxedos so it wasn't super obvious, but there was a sizable puddle on on the chair. At the time I had no idea if any of my friends, family, or anyone in the audience knew what I had done. When I was a junior in high school, I started going out with this girl I was friends with back in orchestra. We were hanging out at my house and reminiscing about the Carnegie trip one day. I said I had to use the bathroom and she started playfully teasing me about my accident, admitting that she saw everything while it happened. All her friends knew about it too and talked about it for months. She also admitted that she was on the verge of wetting herself too, but was able to cross her legs under her long dress.

Edited by taiwanese1897 (see edit history)

I play Carnegie Hall pretty often, mostly with out of town groups that hire additional musicians in town. The biggest of the three stages can host a pretty large ensemble (there were close to 300 people onstage the last time I played there), but in the immediate backstage area there is only one small bathroom for each gender. If you play there often you know where the other bathrooms are, but if you're not familiar with the labyrinth that is the Carnegie Hall backstage, I expect it would be easy to end up having to go onstage without getting a chance to use the bathroom.

So what I'm saying is this problem may be common.

Don't worry too much about the people who had to clean it up though. The stagehands union ensures that they are *very* highly paid.

• 3 years later...