Sign In

Aokurage's Mojique Testing

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not sure if this was announced earlier but apparently Aokurage has been distributing builds of his game Mojikue to various contacts on both Twitter and Pixiv for people to bug test. Some of these bug

At some point (I forget exactly when she's unlocked, but she's unlocked as part of the story), you will see a NPC in a bunny suit sitting next to the shop NPCs. You know that item that you get from ch

But let us discuss things. Here's the translation of the abilities of every familiar, the first step towards refining the interface patch. Note that this is a very literal translation and I'll ce

Posted Images

I was stuck there too and had to boot up Chiitrans to help me out. If you go to the right side of the room, you'll see two pillars. Stand between them then take five steps south and wait. You'll hear the sound of the crow. Upon hearing that, head east and push against the wall. Click!

Also, Chapman, I totally forget where I went next after that moment. One thing I found helps is when you save, you know that text summary that appears on the save file? In the last line usually is where to go next, though without knowing Japanese, that's not too helpful. I know very little myself but can usually pick out what looks like it should be referring to a location, then compare the symbols to those on the map. Sometimes helps. At the very least, maybe screenshot that text box I'm referring to and post it, maybe someone with more knowledge of the language can translate it for you.

Edited by Henjin (see edit history)
11 hours ago, Henjin said:

I was stuck there too and had to boot up Chiitrans to help me out. If you go to the right side of the room, you'll see two pillars. Stand between them then take five steps south and wait. You'll hear the sound of the crow. Upon hearing that, head east and push against the wall. Click!

Also, Chapman, I totally forget where I went next after that moment. One thing I found helps is when you save, you know that text summary that appears on the save file? In the last line usually is where to go next, though without knowing Japanese, that's not too helpful. I know very little myself but can usually pick out what looks like it should be referring to a location, then compare the symbols to those on the map. Sometimes helps. At the very least, maybe screenshot that text box I'm referring to and post it, maybe someone with more knowledge of the language can translate it for you.

Thanks mate!  If only I could read Japanese -_-

• 2 weeks later...

So the first demo was beatable in around 2-3 hours. This version is at least 10 times the length and content of the first demo, granted I spend a lot of time grabbing every single Ren/item pickup rather than going straight for the dungeon bosses. Also for some reason, the teleporters don't work so I have to walk to some of my destinations but there are items that can lower your encounter rate.

10 hours ago, PWG said:

This game looks super interesting, but uh....my reading abilities are uh...bad.  Is there any way to play this game for us single language folk?

The only way right now would be through the use of translation software. It's certainly not impossible to play the game this way (It's what I did), but computer translators don't exactly produce "reader-friendly" text.

8 hours ago, DerivativeWings said:

The only way right now would be through the use of translation software. It's certainly not impossible to play the game this way (It's what I did), but computer translators don't exactly produce "reader-friendly" text.

I mean if it gets the point across I'd be OK. 

There is a program called Visual Novel Reader that will translate the game for you. It's not perfect, but it's very good, I'd say 90% of lines are understandable. I have no trouble playing the game with it despite zero ability with Japanese. (For Chiitrans users: VNR is much, much better.)

Just make sure to choose Google as the translation service if you use it.

Edited by fuzzbutt (see edit history)

Since I'm almost near the end of the game, I'll give my thoughts on Mojique:

Its a well made RPG and a big one at that, def beating a good number of the indie RPG Maker games I've played, especially those that were made with later engines. Story is probably fantastic(I can't read japanese) and the art style is absolutely fucking adorable. However I will voice some gripes that I have with the game: counterattacks are waaaayy too powerful and the lack of fast travel in the first half of the game can be quite a slugfest. I've come across situations in which bosses seemed difficult just by attacking manually but when said boss unleashes a party hitting move, there would be situations in which the entire party counterattacks and does at least 1/8 of the boss' hp. Furthermore, counterattacking makes random encounters perhaps too easy and I feel like I've defeated more goons via counterattacking than attacking manually. An adjust that I would recommend is either reducing the power of counterattacks or just not make them ko enemies(insteading bring an enemies' hp down to 1). As for the lack of fast travel in the first half, i'm probably doing something wrong but I am glad that Aokurage included himself as a teleportation device so that we wouldn't have to travel through the caves every darn time.

Overall, I'd give it an 8/10 in its current state. 

Hey guys, my turn to be lost and ask for help. So I had taken a break from Mojikue for a while and when I resumed, I talked to the scientist girl at the temple and she gave me an item called something S.D. After this, I then used Aokurage to teleport and it took me to the port town. In the interest of not going crazy, anyone know where I ought to go next?

I figured out where to go next and will just mention it here on the off chance someone gets stuck in the same spot. After getting the S.D item from the scientist girl with glasses, the party was talking about some sort of sacred mountain(?). I discovered by taking a boat at the port town to the second option(the not snowy area), you then head to the northern town there with all the farmland and a path to the east is now open that leads to the next area.

Edit: Probably should have just edited my last post, but I'm an idiot.

6 hours ago, R.M.T.B. said:

So the game won't run for me, I keep getting this issue related to graphics/ Titles. I have the RPG maker version downloaded and my region set to Japan.

Are you 100% sure you have the RPG Maker XP RTP downloaded? I know the site that gives them out has download links but it defaults to a different version. You have to make sure that you click RPG Maker XP first. And it's your unicode settings that you changed the region for, right? I know in windows 7, in the region options of control panel, you go to the administrative tab and select change system locale. if you're confident you did both of these right, can you maybe screencap the error message you get or something so we can have a better idea of what's wrong?

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, so I've tried downloading Applocale, VNR, changing my locale settings....a whole bunch of stuff.  I could never get the new version to work, but I managed to get the translated Lisk demo to work.  So even when doing all the things right it still didn't work with the version 1.0

Looks like I'm waiting for Lisk to translate the full version.  But the demo seems fun.