Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

On 9/12/2016 at 11:55 AM, Despguy123 said:

I just use my normal phone number, haven't had any spam texts or unwanted calls from them.

^This.

At first I was a little nervous about signing up with my cell phone number. But I gave in and did it anyway since I wanted to see all the videos that everyone on VK has. I don't regret giving my cell phone number at all. I don't think I've received any texts from VK since activation except maybe when I needed a password reset or two.

Edited by bomb851 (see edit history)
2 hours ago, bomb851 said:

^This.

At first I was a little nervous about signing up with my cell phone number. But I gave in and did it anyway since I wanted to see all the videos that everyone on VK has. I don't regret giving my cell phone number at all. I don't think I've received any texts from VK since activation except maybe when I needed a password reset or two.

That's all well and good, but I'd kinda like to join VK and I don't have a phone.  I don't have a landline or cell.

I tried making a facebook account and using it to sign up, but it won't work. Could be that I am doing something wrong, but whenever I click "log in with facebook" on the VK site it tries to import data then always tells me it cannot sign me in with facebook. I don't know jack about facebook so at this point I am just SoL unless I can find someone willing to let me borrow thier phone.

I don't have a cell phone myself, but my old account was created using my old work phone which I no longer have. My old account password suddenly stopped working one day and all attempts to reset the password have failed, I assume somoene hijacked the account for themselves.

1 hour ago, JMatthews1995 said:

I wonder if it because you don't have certain information on their or something that it finds relevant to making an account. For example it might not let you if you don't have a profile pic, date of birth, something else etc because it thinks it's a fake account?

Not really. They do prefer that you fully complete your profile and will pester you with pop-ups if you don't every now and then, but they won't flat-out refuse to give you access. I've had my dummy account for years and never had any problems with accessing stuff, even though I didn't fill anything other than bare minimum.

• 9 months later...

My account on VK has been suspended for posting a shitty cartoon omo picture. My account has some great pee stuff on it, mainly desp videos, which I'd love to get back, but it wants me to verify with my mobile number, which I'm a bit reluctant to do, as it is linking to a lot of omo content. Particularly as my account was suspended, presumably for posting underage imagery (I personally don't think it looks underage, and even if it did, it is only a cartoon), and I obviously don't want my personal info linking to that. Does anyone have any advice?