Existing user? Sign In

Sign In

What makes an omo game "Hot"?

TL;DR I've been flaking out on making an omo game for the past 600 years. What do you all find love and hate in your omo games?

I've played dozens of omo related games over the years and I liked and disliked  different things about them. I'm curious as to what people find turns people off and on about the different game engines and types. I could easily make a text based game in REN'PY but REN'PY kind of limits you to visual novels and I cannot draw to save my life. 
So tell me what do you like, and hate in your omo game!

Sprite Based wetting:

The RPG maker games, and wolf engine games. There are many of these to choose from in the download links.

Liked:

The bulk of the omo games I've played are made with RPG maker. I find the wetting hot if the character dialog and situation are both written well. And there's something about seeing a character, even if it's just a default sprite with a expanding yellow circle under it, that I can just makes my mouth water!

Disliked: 

Of course the name of the engine is RPG maker so people tend to make a RPG. With random encounters... LOTS of random encounters. Sometimes the RPG game gets in the way of the wetting game. I admit part of my opinion on this is that I'm pretty much burned out on your standard turn based RPG.

There are of course other engines to make sprite based games with but I'm not terribly familiar with them outside of Unity and Duality. I dropped both engines for different reasons.

Text only:

Text is an interesting thing for me. I don't find reading about women or men wetting themselves attractive on forums but I do like it if it's in a game.  There's two reasons for this, I like to hold it until I wet myself and it's  easier for me to project myself on to the main character if I can create what they look like in my mind based on description alone. Heck a lot of text based wetting games have the player as the one trying to avoid wetting themselves!

A Long Hour and a Half is a prime example. I really liked this even in it's beta stage because it caused me to ask a question about self wetting in text games.

Is it better for the game to tell the player how close they are to wetting? I.E.  You get a message saying "You can't help but grab yourself. You are going to start peeing any second now!" when your bladder is close to 90% full.

Or is it better to represent the desperation as a number and let the player fill in their own mental image of how they would react to being so desperate?

Some non-omo games like Dwarf Fortress and Rimworld have pretty..curt.. descriptions of what happens to characters in there respective combat systems: "SoandSo was hit in his right funny bone with the evil goblin's copper war hammer. The funny bone is now broken!"  But people draw and write about  the epic battles the characters have and as someone who is  a fan of both games I see why. The games are almost like a mix between story book and video game where the "reader" envisions the world based on the  descriptions the "book" gives them.

So when I saw that my character's bladder was 70% full and my Embarrassment was at 30 points I imagined myself  desperate enough to begin fearing that I may wet myself but still too embarrassed from involuntary fidgeting and being denied the restroom before to ask again. And I did not always choose the more powerful "squeeze your penis option" since I was too embarrassed.

I will elaborate more tomorrow. But for now what do you all think about wetting games?

The problem with RPG maker as a platform for omo games is that the RPG elements tend to get in the way of the part everyone's interested in. Don't get me wrong - I've had a great time playing some of the better RPG maker games. But having to navigate menus to change the character's pants is not fun, and neither is bland turn-based combat.

The funnest omo game I've ever played is Average Life. It's pretty rudimentary - no characters or story or dialogue, not a whole lot to do, basic graphics. But I think it's the best omo game because instead of being an RPG or a visual novel about omorashi, it's an attempt to simulate the actual experience of omorashi. Instead of navigating menus to change clothes, you press buttons to do it in real time. There's a visual indicator to represent your bladder, and when it gets full, you can mash some button to clench and hold on, but that slows your walk down. It's tactile, you can feel it. Your character always has a cute reaction to wetting him/herself, and the text shows up at the top of the screen as gameplay continues, rather than in a big blue dialogue box that pauses everything until you dismiss it. You have a smell-o-meter which represents your smelliness with a sequence of emoticons. Your smell gradually degrades over time between showers, but if you have an accident, it degrades a LOT. If you change clothes, it helps, but you have to take a shower and wear clean clothes. I've seen bits and pieces of these features in some of the RPG maker games I've played, but Average Live put a ton of effort into designing a semi-realistic simulation of being incontinent (or not). After you've exhausted the basic game features, it's fun to make up your own little limitations or stories to play out with it. If I were ever to make an omo game, I'd try to make a more advanced clone of Average life.

• 2 weeks later...

I think one pitfall that a lot of omo rpgs fall into is overusing wetting. The really good ones like Aquarius and Mojique don't throw wetting in right away, but first develop their characters in such a way that the audience really cares about them. By the time I got to the first wetting scenes in those two games I was already attached to the characters, like their personalities, and thought they were really cute. This made me look forward to wetting and enjoy it a lot more when it happened. Of course, in order to keep the audience's attention for that long you have go through the trouble of making the plot interesting even when it isn't erotic, but the pay off is huge IMO. 

On the more obvious side, it helps to have really good drawing.

On 9/15/2016 at 5:12 PM, none251 said:

I'm way into the Humiliation side of wetting. So I have other characters that witness the player wetting and will react to it. How does that effect your view of the game?

I can only speak for myself, but this sounds amazing. Something I've always thought would great: the dialog uniquely changing for every NPC you encounter if the girls are walking around in wet clothes. NPCs could say something like "Are you ok....?" and the protagonists could respond blushing or something. 

25 minutes ago, tengohombre said:

On the more obvious side, it helps to have really good drawing.

I can only speak for myself, but this sounds amazing. Something I've always thought would great: the dialog uniquely changing for every NPC you encounter if the girls are walking around in wet clothes. NPCs could say something like "Are you ok....?" and the protagonists could respond blushing or something. 

How much humiliation would you like? For example there's the example you gave of the characters being ashamed of being seen during or after a wetting. Or there's the some what more hardcore punishment aspect of it. Like a character being spanked for wetting themselves.

I'm the opposite of tengohombre, when I'm gaming normally then plot is essential, but for me omo is very definitely a sexual thing and so I don't want to have to wait for ages for any of that to happen if I'm playing it because it's a game that contains omo. However, I'm also into the desperation aspect of it and don't care much for wetting, so if the lead up has lots of desperation then I'm happy.

Personally I'm not really a fan of humiliation, and prefer it when the person wetting enjoys it/is turned on by it, but it's up to you. Everything in this post is simply my personal opinion, in the end it's up to you what you do :P

Sound effects are the most important part. My one complaint with Sanguinary Emissary (that I hope will be fixed in the final release) is that every pee uses the same little tinkle sound effect no matter how bad the girls have to go, while Aquarius has a much more satisfying pour once the girls are higher on the desperation scale.

Also, the ability to make the girls go places other than the bathroom is vital.

Hmm. I know the game will be light on plot. I'm thinking more along the line of the player writes their own head cannon for the game like the fanbase of Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress tend to. The omo is defiantly a sexual thing for  me and will be in any game I make so you won't have to go through a ton of battles and or plot just to get to one wetting.  I'm actually making two games with Quest 5 all have the, male, player wetting themselves but with a little elbow grease I could easily make it adapt to both genders.

The main inspiration for my games is an interesting one. A game called Trap Quest has an almost ludicrous number of fetishes in it. One of them is our "Watersports" fetish where the player must drink, possibly cursed, drinks in order to avoid losing a life and having to start over from the beginning.  The player's bladder fills as he/she walks from room to room and if they hold it for too long they will wet themselves much to their embarrassment. The player starts the game naked and must dress themselves in order to avoid getting too embarrassed and if they wet themselves the clothes on their bottom half will become " pee soaked" and being seen in the soaked clothes embarrasses them, wetting yourself in front of someone GREATLY embarrasses them. The game is in public early access but I'm sheepish about linking to it because it has TONS of non-con content. FYI drinking cursed drinks have a chance of making the player's bladder fill quite a bit.... 

Droid Sim: Takes place in the future where robots, droids as I have "creatively" called them in game , look and act just like humans.The player owns a droid that has many customization options including how she reacts to you wetting yourself clothing options ect.  I'm at an interesting road block with this game. The focus is on the droid's reactions, diaper punishment, "nice mommy" play, ect. There is no real emphasis on desperation, the player literally walks into a room that fills their bladder, I'm using it to simulate the player going out into the world and having some sort of toilet blocking event occur that makes it so they have to drive home with a full bladder or possibly wet themselves as soon as they get home. The player can attempt to make a mad dash to the bathroom and wet themselves in front of the droid. I think a lot of people are into the desperation build up but this game has none of it. Any suggestions? Just remember it's set in a futuristic setting.

Girlfriend: The player and their girlfriend, who live together... Are running errands? On a Date? I haven't really fleshed that part out  and the player must try to get to a bathroom without wetting themselves. Honestly I've spent a lot more time on Droid Sim than this one but I'm intrigued by the idea of some sort of Slice of life/omo game. Any Input?

Of course I could go for a classic dungeon crawler with omo elements. I'd need a little time to program the combat portion but it's doable. I figure you all would like a game where the player is joined by 2-4 other charters and wetting antics occur. Thoughts?

I totally agree with that in many of the games that the RPG elements get in the way, as such i tend to prefer the text based ones better, however they are less immersive. Equally I am more of an observer than a do'er in terms of games. I get more from the interactions I have with people and their stories compared to the story that I am supposed to be part of. In that way I prefer to take an active part in but not necessarily be the staring person, in this case the desperate person. That is phrased poorly but in basic terms I prefer not to be the person wetting/desperate but be involved in their story. 

Choices are a massive must for me, Teltale games are good for this as I also like to feel ive had an impact on it. Character development in this way is also good. So for example to be put into a situation like a meeting with a desperate person at the beginning of the game, and have several options throughout to either help or prolong their desperation like asking/not asking questions in the meeting, asking them to lunch afterwards  etc... and how you do it affects their responses. Then after a few more exchanges they get very desperate and can either wet or relieve themselves in various ways but ultimately unhappily. Then through further experiences that person may get interested in doing it, you can set them challenges and explore more in those ways. Melissa explains it all (on the website if you haven't played it) is a good starting point but I feel like it could go further and with good art could be great. For that reason teh girlfrind game you were talking about probably interests me most.

Thats my 2 cents anyway. Glad to see more people making games though, I would but I don't have the know how. Maybe one day, excited to see more though.

CG stills for peeing/wetting scenes are a must in any omo-game. If all I can see is a 16-bit sprite character or worse, just some text, I may as well be reading a fic or using my own imagination. I've grown too spoiled on visual stimuli to not have it if it's not a straight-up fic. Having it uncensored is not absolutely necessary but it definitely earns bonus points, something I appreciated in Twelve Fanatics.

I also agree with Captain L regarding sound effects. If the girls are about to burst, it really needs to have that heavy stream noise to help sell it. Bonus points if there are different sound effects depending on if they're peeing on the ground or the toilet, and how badly they needed to go.

While I'm personally a fan of the sprite wettings, they can really shine if there is CG stills to go along with it.

On the topic of RPG-ness of the game. I actually don't mind that, as long as you can tie in the systems properly, for example... if it feels like combat is shoehorned in the game just to make it more "gamelike" then that is a bad implementation of it. However if we take something like Mojique where the desperation system is still active during combat and it can lead to bonuses/detriments then that is a perfect implementation..

Also as with everything a story is a must. Sure you could throw together an OmoRPG game, but what fun is playing a lineral game with no replayability. Put in choices, an interesting combat system and an overall plotline that can be followed and the game will turn into something that this forum would remember for years and would constantly go back to replay

Edited by Rinatro (see edit history)

I like stats too! And I like Text Games rather than RPG ones which I think limit what can be done. I didn't realise that people might be interested in a Text Game in this day and age.

What about Simulations? Where, rather than BE a character, you watch computer-controlled ones, and maybe affect whats happening as they follow their own lives and situations? Maybe where you can jump in when you want, and just observe when you want? Thats something I've been planning in my head for 600 years, too...

Cool! What I had in mind was an adventure-simulation, I guess like a text version of Minecraft where the player starts in one place - the Town - with a lot of computer-controlled players, and they explore, gather stuff, sell it in town where some players craft items to sell for profit, and the player helps or competes with the NPCs, makes friends or enemies, and when confident enough, they venture further out, where there are secrets, treasures, and monsters to be found. But only people who can afford a room in the Hotel in Town are allowed to use the bathroom.. it is illegal and taboo to pee in public, and (allow one piece of artistic licence) for some reason it is Forbidden to pee in the Wilderness... maybe everyone is raised such that this is unthinkably rude or gross, or have a magic spell put on them, maybe by the Mayor to ensure they come back with any loot and not think about staying away.. 

So:

1) Standard building up of resources and helping or competing with others, maybe a Friends/Enemies system.

2) Characters head back to Town when they will need the Bathroom (of course, something might delay them)

3) In Town, if unable to pay for Hotel room, they could work for the money or become desperate and might get caught in public..

4) Peeing in Public might only be possible once desperate, and take 1 turn to prepare and 1 to perform, but thats two chances that they'll be caught about to do it, and have to cancel, or caught doing it and be seen committing a crime..

5) Low level Monsters might knock the character out (zombies?), tie them up (skeletons?) or paralyse defeated characters for up to several hours rather than kill them. And of course, once finally free, probably with a bursting bladder, they might still be an hour or more walk from Town...

6) Humiliation and loss of social status is the consequence of wetting, and defeated heroes/heroines might return to town broken, naked, and unable to pay for Hotel, and have to work their way up. A successful hero/heroine might become rich and powerful, then one day stray too far from Town, and be sorely challenged...

Basic idea is: You could play this and work at it, see how far you can push your character's bladder to get as much loot as possible before returning home... or you could watch the NPCs, track the most successful ones and watch their outings as they risk going deeper and deeper into the Wilderness and taking bets on whether they will make it back.. maybe even Intervening, godlike, by making sure a couple of monsters block their safe way back to Town, or help them defeat the Skeleton Boss who has the magic sword..

If I spend time coding all this from scratch, would people be interested and try it, and would they let me know what worked for them and what they'd like adding?

I already know I can do a -very- detailed Desperation Simulation model, would probably want to simplify it for the game; atm its a great tool to map out stories and make them believable (I like them to push the limits, but still be believable, and it has a ton of options).

I personally am sick and tired of RPG games. There are some good ones out there, but it feels like the majority of omo games are RPG maker games and there's not much variety.

I've been seeing people mentioning simulations and that's definitely in the ball park of what I want. For me, I'd love a simulation sandbox omo game were you'd create characters and watch them live out their lives and the various omo related situations they get into. Think Artificial Academy 2 but with a heavy omo focus and more places to go than just school, and you have my dream omo game.

Great ideas for a story, but I'm not sure if many people, even here, want to include unwanted pregnancy and pee-drinking in a game they play. I'm thinking this because one of the games mentioned above, looked promising but right at the start, if you want to play as a guy the only option is to be into "sissification" which I'm not, but might have liked the Omo potential in it. And in a game, where rather than a plot-point, it'd be a repeating game mechanic, would multiply the off-putting effect of it, but people, jump in and tell me if I'm wrong, please.

The human urinal thing could work with it, in that it might be the only 'legal' way for someone to get relief if desperate. I'd shy away from putting it in as a way to debase people, though - although humiliation at not being able to hold it is one of the main features (but still as a peril and to be avoided). Can't say for sure where I'd draw the line or what the distinction was. Maybe some people would like it?

I don't have Linux or any clue how to make something work for it or test it. Linux has Windows emulators, though, right?

Thanks for the ideas!

On 20/09/2016 at 0:13 AM, none251 said:

Hmm. I know the game will be light on plot. I'm thinking more along the line of the player writes their own head cannon for the game like the fanbase of Rimworld and Dwarf Fortress tend to. The omo is defiantly a sexual thing for  me and will be in any game I make so you won't have to go through a ton of battles and or plot just to get to one wetting.  I'm actually making two games with Quest 5 all have the, male, player wetting themselves but with a little elbow grease I could easily make it adapt to both genders.

The main inspiration for my games is an interesting one. A game called Trap Quest has an almost ludicrous number of fetishes in it. One of them is our "Watersports" fetish where the player must drink, possibly cursed, drinks in order to avoid losing a life and having to start over from the beginning.  The player's bladder fills as he/she walks from room to room and if they hold it for too long they will wet themselves much to their embarrassment. The player starts the game naked and must dress themselves in order to avoid getting too embarrassed and if they wet themselves the clothes on their bottom half will become " pee soaked" and being seen in the soaked clothes embarrasses them, wetting yourself in front of someone GREATLY embarrasses them. The game is in public early access but I'm sheepish about linking to it because it has TONS of non-con content. FYI drinking cursed drinks have a chance of making the player's bladder fill quite a bit.... 

Droid Sim: Takes place in the future where robots, droids as I have "creatively" called them in game , look and act just like humans.The player owns a droid that has many customization options including how she reacts to you wetting yourself clothing options ect.  I'm at an interesting road block with this game. The focus is on the droid's reactions, diaper punishment, "nice mommy" play, ect. There is no real emphasis on desperation, the player literally walks into a room that fills their bladder, I'm using it to simulate the player going out into the world and having some sort of toilet blocking event occur that makes it so they have to drive home with a full bladder or possibly wet themselves as soon as they get home. The player can attempt to make a mad dash to the bathroom and wet themselves in front of the droid. I think a lot of people are into the desperation build up but this game has none of it. Any suggestions? Just remember it's set in a futuristic setting.

Girlfriend: The player and their girlfriend, who live together... Are running errands? On a Date? I haven't really fleshed that part out  and the player must try to get to a bathroom without wetting themselves. Honestly I've spent a lot more time on Droid Sim than this one but I'm intrigued by the idea of some sort of Slice of life/omo game. Any Input?

Of course I could go for a classic dungeon crawler with omo elements. I'd need a little time to program the combat portion but it's doable. I figure you all would like a game where the player is joined by 2-4 other charters and wetting antics occur. Thoughts?

I should have read this again but I dashed over to look at Trap Quest, which sounds awesome but I wasn't into playing the game as a guy doomed to become sissified.

I love the sound of what you're doing and look forward to seeing it in some form. I keep wanting to do stuff in Quest 5 too but it feels too limited and scripted (but short of programming, its really awesome and I love what the Developer has done with it and aims it to do) - and mainly, I want to make a game I can play myself, and which will work out differently each time.

Rimworld is a great example! In fact, if you added a Bladder need and associated mood buffs, that would be a great Omo game. Why aren't there more games like The Sims where Bladder is a thing and you can control people (but let them do their own thing as well)?

Droid Sim sounds cool, sounds like control and humiliation themes, but I'm way more about the Desperation and story around how it happened. For me, if they wet on purpose or simply lose all control, thats a different thing, maybe ABDL.. though I get that playing an Omo game and trying to "win" by not leaking, seems like trying to avoid playing the game.. but again, if theres no chance at all, then I know the outcome, so why play? Ideally I want to encourage Games that allow either preferred play style. Yours could have a "Difficulty" level and you can say "9 is how it was intended to be played" (like Rimworld where "the way its intended" means having clueless lazy colonists trying to survive and basically being raped by the first group of bandits or other random event).

Girlfriend sounds fun too. How about: They just moved in together but both are toilet-shy around each other (want to appear perfect) so you play as either one (nice if everyone on the site can play it if they want to) and you have to get things done but also please and impress your partner, but secretly, also find some way to be alone long enough to use the bathroom. Which might need tasks done before it can be used, such as turning on the water someplace else in the house. One might be sneaking there whilst the Other is busy, only to find the Other shows up and they have to go back to work and try to occupy the Other again - the irony/twist here is, since you can play as either one, the Other is probably also seeking the same thing, and in fact might be why they often show up at the bathroom just when you snuck off, because they snuck off too! Or it could be broken, so they have to spend the evening, then night, somehow holding it.. but I don't know what your mechanic for that is.

Please keep us posted!

2 hours ago, Denial said:

Girlfriend sounds fun too. How about: They just moved in together but both are toilet-shy around each other (want to appear perfect) so you play as either one (nice if everyone on the site can play it if they want to) and you have to get things done but also please and impress your partner, but secretly, also find some way to be alone long enough to use the bathroom. Which might need tasks done before it can be used, such as turning on the water someplace else in the house. One might be sneaking there whilst the Other is busy, only to find the Other shows up and they have to go back to work and try to occupy the Other again - the irony/twist here is, since you can play as either one, the Other is probably also seeking the same thing, and in fact might be why they often show up at the bathroom just when you snuck off, because they snuck off too! Or it could be broken, so they have to spend the evening, then night, somehow holding it.. but I don't know what your mechanic for that is.

Please keep us posted!

Oh my God that's a good idea!  One of the old versions of rimworld had a "poop mod" where you had to build the proper facilities for your colonists and if they could not reach them in time they would soil their clothes for a mood debuff. I doubt it's been updated for the current version though. 

Update on things.

Having major family issues right now and to be completely honest I have done very little programming compared to what I've been doing, it's hard to write omo games in a hospital!* I've deiced to make two "Slice of life" games one being the Girlfriend game I talked about earlier and another school based one where the player goes about doing things in their every day life but they must go to school for at least 5 days a week. Toilet hijinks ensue of course. I will make the school one first. 

I'm also in the process of making moving some of the hard coded data over to libraries which has resulted in me making less new game content.

* I'm not in the hospital my grandfather is ill and he needs a family member with him.

Edited by none251 (see edit history)

Thanks for the update. Best wishes and thoughts for your Grandfather, hope he makes a speedy recovery!

School one sounds promising - there could be things the player might want to do but can only do during breaks (obtain girlfriend, make out with girlfriend, find secret things or hide in locker rooms etc) but by doing so risks not having time to 'go' before class resumes, and related penalties for being late or having an accident etc.

Anyone with ideas or preferences for one type of game over another, please comment.

5 minutes ago, Jeffery Mewtamer said:

As for running things under Linux... Java and Python are two programming languages that are effectively platform independent. For C++, I think compatibility often depends on what libraries you are using, and I'm less knowledgeable on other things.

I'm using Quest 5 to make it. Mostly writing code without editor. I find that Quest has just the right amount of "I hate write code for everything" to "I hate not being able to write code for anything".